5.0 out of 5 stars does the job

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a jig
Published 22 months ago by Cohoman

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, August 16, 2010
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
I had never used European hinges before, so i didn't know what I was doing or what to expect. but this item provides a nice template and takes out the guess work. I've used it about 10 times and works like a charm. Just put it on the wood and drill away; get the right hole everytime. Be aware that the router bit, shown in the photo, doesn't come with this item, in case you didn't know.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a jig, September 18, 2012
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
Takes the guess work and measuring out of installing Euro hinges. I've used this jig on 12 cabinet doors so far and it works great. In fact, the default setting for the location of the hole worked just fine with my Euro hinges. One thing to note: The jig is made of hard plastic and as I drill the hole with a forster bit it starts to wear away at the inside hole of the jig. Not a big deal, but eventually the jig may not be so perfectly round. Well worth the price as it is a timesaver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool...but with an exception., April 28, 2014
Ronald Moortgat "Chatsworthmaster" (Chatsworth, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
This is a very helpful tool, but it has one design flaw. The hinges I were using calls for a 1/8" spacing from the edge of the door to the edge of the 35mm drilled hole. This tool (without any modification) will only allow you to drill the hinge hole about 3/16" from the edge. (the picture incorrectly shows the jig upside-down) To correct for this problem, I had to make a metal insert that fits under the screws that forces the jig back from the edge of the door by 1/16". Once this was done the jig worked perfectly for about 30 hinges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boring Jig for 35 mm concealed euro style hinge, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
The jig does the job. I would buy again.
For a first time user the instructions were alright, but some of the steps could be explained better.
If you have never installing an euro style concealed hinge you will make mistakes to start with.
Use scrap material the same thickness of your doors to test drill in.
Mount the hinge in the test board then mount on the cabinet frame.
Keep test drilling until you get a hinge hole setback placement that will work for your cabinet.
Sometimes the published setback distance for the hinge hole from the door edge is not correct.
Take your time to get everything right then drill the doors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for the money., November 20, 2013
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
I haven't actually made my doors yet, but I did try the jig on some pieces of 3/4" scrap and the hinges worked great. The jig worked perfectly.Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
I had to bore 40 hinge holes and this jog helped me keep everyone centered. I'm glad I didn;t spend the money on a more expensive type of jig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
Once I understood the directions, I was able to lay out and drill my hinges quickly. Great little tool for the price compared to other jigs on the market. I only needed It for 35 doors I was putting together and did not want to give a arm and a leg for a jig. It gets the job done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 14, 2014
worked

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
Unecessary tool, better off using a plywood jig or just freehand drilling the cup holes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not used, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Concealed Hinge Boring Jig (Misc.)
Couldn't figure out how to use it, or the purpose for the screws. Didn't use. Found it easier to just measure and draw lines.

Concealed Hinge Boring Jig