Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Euro-pro SV736 "Shark" Cordless Hand Vacuum - 15.6v
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 19, 2007
I give this five stars not because it's "amazing" or "unbelievable," but because it has performed well, and reliably for over a year. The filter is effective, durable, and easy to clean. The suction is strong enough to pick up relatively large pieces of debris. The brush and nozzle tools perform well and are easy to use. Most importantly, the brush beater attachment is powered by its own motor, so it spins well, and doesn't diminish the suction. It excels at small pickup jobs. We also had a cleaning lady who used it every week to clean a 6x9 rug. Using the powered beater, it picked up whatever was on the rug, including pet hair, without ever losing power or breaking (cleaning people can be hard on vacuums). I don't think you could ask for more in a portable vacuum. Noise level is average (not quiet, but also not excessively loud). Only minor caveat: we left the charging station loose on the floor, and as such, the vacuum was difficult to smoothly remove from and insert in the station. The plastic bit that held it in eventually broke. It still stays on the station, but is now easier to take off and put back on - problem solved, sort of. The tools also have a tendency to fall off their holders on the charging station. I think it's really designed to be mounted on a wall. Re battery life, we did the initial charge, and the vacuum always stays on the charger when not in use. I haven't noticed any reduction in power or battery life, but it never gets used for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time. As with any vacuum, it's necessary to occasionally cut or pull hair off of the beater brush.
on January 14, 2009
just received my shark cordless and love it so far. do any experienced shark users have advice on how to clean the filters, how often to replace and where to purchase the replacement filters?
thanks in advance!
on March 25, 2008
Power, power and the power! This thing is more sucking than the B&D PHV1800, I compared them side by side. They are equally loud and battery last exactly the same long (10 minutes before power starts going down).

This Shark is 1 pound lighter than the B&D, 3 vs. 4. It is already on the too heavy side and the B&D has crossed the line for a hand tool. To make this matter worse, B&D's handle is not at the weight center; your hand is fatigue very soon while constantly trying to keep it level.

The B&D is a beautiful upholstery with very sophisticated designs, while this Shark is just a simple tool. But it does come with a nice tool - a motorized brush, making it more than a hand vacuum.

It is a better value than the B&D, not just because it is $20 cheaper. Its battery is easily replaceable for $15 (impossible with B&D) and filters can be easily found in a Bath, Bedroom and Beyond (3 for $10). A B&D filter is at least double the price, but it is much more sophisticated, worth the money. The B&D is well worth the extra $20 if you value its beautiful look and very thoughtful extras on using and storing it.

This Shark is actually a SV736N bought recently from KMart for $40. It is green instead of silver and comes with only two tools, a motorized brush and a crevice, instead of three in the earlier version. No more charging dock. These changes are due to the complaints about the crappy wall-mount-ONLY dock and nobody knew what's the 3rd tool for. The current manual also says that you charge it only after you run battery out, as suggested by a reviewer.

If you just want a great vacuum that really works and don't care much about anything else, then this Shark is currently the #1 choice, period. Otherwise get the B&D (yes it is a beautiful piece of art well worth the extra $20). Just don't bother with the crappy $150 Dyson (I respect his cyclonic action invention that changed vacuum ever since) and all the garbage Dirt Devil hand vacs (you know, DD is now owned by a Hong Kong company). If you need a large stick, then get the DD 14.4V ExtremePower cordless stick showing in the video and do a simple modification. See my related reviews for details.

As you can see in the video: the B&D needed the brush head to clean thoroughly flour dent, while this Shark swallowed them all with its bare mouth. You can also see how well its motorized brush did the carpet. The modified DD cordless stick is my favorite and this Shark does what it can't. My main vac is an iRobot Roomba 530, it does all the rooms. All are cordless, will never go back to cords again. I also posted the same video to youtube, that one looks better than this one (youtube did a better job on converting, search for cordless vacuum).
on December 24, 2012
Love this little guy....great for the cat hairs on the chairs and couch. The extra long heavy duty cord makes it so much easier to clean all the furniture without having to re- plug...the machine empties easily...The handle is very comfortable .....I highly recommend it for in-between cleaning ....
on August 28, 2009
I bought this vac for our fireplace and I was very pleased with it... until I tried to purchase a replacement filter for the vacuum. Amazon offers several as "often bought together" items, and I have now order two of those. Unfortunately, neither one has fit the vacuum model, and I have had to go through the headache of contacting the seller and sending the units back. Meanwhile, the vacuum isn't usable without the filter. It is totally aggravating that Amazon would list the replacement filters as options when they do not fit at all. I cannot find a replacement that does work, at least not on Amazon.
VINE VOICEon April 16, 2016
micro battery dot com will rebuild your battery pack, which is not to hard to get to, but it costs about $42 and you have to ship them the old pack, so add another $6 to do that. For $48, it's not worth the expense for what you'll end up with, which is a used, old vacuum that never worked all that well. The attachments were cool, but it's time to let it go.
on December 26, 2015
Very short lived

This has old school (NiCad) Nickel Cadmium Batteries rather than current lithium technology and they did not last long...Have tried the repeated charge-discharge conditioning break in period with this vacuum and the batteries did not last long...Will next try the Makita XLC02R1W 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum Kit
on December 16, 2007
The hand vac is working great so far. We read the instructions on how to charge and discharge the battery as well as other reviews on this subject and to date the battery holds up Great. The only disappointment is that the color of the vac we received is not the green one that had been pictured, but rather grey. Other than that the vac came to us in a very timely manner and overall I would buy it again if I was choosing today.
on June 13, 2015
I have had one for over a year when it suddenly quit. Long story shortened: found two small pieces of string about 3/4" long in the back of the motor stopping it from turning. I am sure that these did not come through the filter but originated inside the body of the unit. That and a sprinkling of very fine dust inside the body makes me suspect that there is supposed to be another filter to protect the motor. But since a HEPA filter is about 0.45 Microns I can't see how it would need it. Anyway, it is now fine and running like day 1.
on June 3, 2009
I had written a five star review for this. But so regret that now, and have downgraded to one star. I had to replace battery within 9 months. I called support, and they told me the battery needs to be replaced every 9 to 12 months, and would cost of $29.95!! So essentially this is a disposable unit - use for 9 - 12 months and then you'll need to either buy a battery that costs almost as much as the unit, or buy a new unit. Funny that's not mentioned anywhere in their instruction booklet. In fact, booklet says "batteries will have a long useful life" -- right all 9 months! Additionally, altho instruction say to charge for 20 hrs initially, the rep (in India) told me it needed to be charged 20 - 30 hr for the first three uses, and then never charged for more than 8 - 10hrs. I asked him where that was explained in the instruction booklet, and of course, there is no mention anywhere of that. So, if you operate the unit in accordance with the instructions provided to you, you might have to replace battery w/in 6 months! I would NOT recommend.