European Software Aiptek 3D-HD High Definition 3D Camcorder (Black/White)How can I download that European software that is supposed to improve the frame rate?
asked by Christopher Robert Mohr on September 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
You can download it using that link, but you must check the current firmware version to assure you are using the correct update. There is a problem with their instructions to do that. They should say:

Turn on the 3D camcorder
Press the joystick to enter the playback menu
Move the joystick down and hold for a minimum of 5 seconds
Press and hold the photo-shutter button while still holding the joystick.
After about 3 seconds, you'll see the status menu. Check at 4th position "FW Ver:"...
Wayne answered on June 9, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you are reading the card with a card reader in the computer, then you just need to go up one level from where you were. The root level is the one (such as C:\ or E:\) that all the directories start in. If you click on the device (disk) under (My) Computer, you will be in the right place.
Wayne answered on June 14, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for that clarification. After I check the FW Version, which is 3607, do I click on it somehow? I see no way to do that.
Christopher Robert Mohr answered on June 10, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Once you see the firmware version is 3xxx, you can upgrade to the version on the website since you know it's compatible. All you are really doing is making sure you don't have a model with version 1xxx firmware, which would not be compatible.
Wayne answered on June 12, 2012

A
The upgrade process worked properly until it came time to reinsert the card and start the upgrade. Then nothing happened.
The two programs (one of which had no data at all) were on the card, but inserting the card and turning on the camcorder had no effect whatsoever except to start the camcorder in the 3D mode The upgrade did not happen.
Christopher Robert Mohr answered on June 12, 2012

A
That's correct that one file had no data at all, and technically its file name itself was the data. I have no idea why it would not work. It worked for me, and all I did was copy the files to the root directory of the card, put the card in the camera, turn it on, and the upgrade went as expected. The instructions say that if you leave the files on the card, the upgrade will happen each time you turn on the camera.

I'd suggest making sure that the files didn't get copied to a sub-directory (such as DCIM or the one with the videos) by mistake. You can also check the firmware version again just to see if it changed.
Wayne answered on June 12, 2012

A
I'm not all that computer savvy Wayne. I just dragged and dropped the files which obviously was the wrong thing to do. I think I did copy them to DCIM. How do I copy the files to the root directory?
Christopher Robert Mohr answered on June 12, 2012

A
You can find the necessary Firmware at the web site :
http://www.aiptek.eu/index.php/en/products/3d-products/aiptek3d-i2
Oguz Tokalak answered on March 3, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product