Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on March 8, 2012
I am familiar with both the medical version of compression socks and the active, air-driven compression leggings during my 40 days in bed in the ICU. These are just as good, if not better, than the one-size fit all medical version, but sadly still does not compare to the kinds attached to mechanical air-pumps, To be fair, those are drastically more expensive and limited to a stationary location. For everyday use, at home, at work, or everywhere in-between, these are great and come with my highest recommendation.

The fit and feel of these socks are just amazing, not massage-like mind you, but sort of like being hugged. I sit 8 hour days at my job so unless I'm actively moving my legs, my feet would usually feel sluggish or fall asleep. When using these socks I feel a big difference, and you will notice it right away when you start walking in these. One time I used them during a 3 mile jog and my legs did not feel sore the next day.

I've been using these socks extensively for the past month and they are just as snug as the first day I bought them, even after multiple machine washes. They don't ride down my calf nor cut off circulation at the top of the sock near my knee. And I believe these "calf" high socks are the way to go - much easier to put on than "thigh" high socks and less restrictive at the knee joint.

The quality of the socks turned out great. The layers are somewhat thin, but so far my fingernails have not ripped any tears or frayed any loose fibers trying to tug n' pull the sock up to my calf. The same goes for my toenails piercing through the sock. Because its a snug fit, it requires a considerable amount of effort to put them on. Once they're on you feel like you never want them off. The sock is breathable, unlike latex gloves, and has markings to help show which orientation putting them on is correct. I do sometimes wear low-cut ankle socks over these compression socks to minimize wear at the sole of the feet, the place where socks usually break down first.

Figuring out which size initially is a bit tough. I wear size 10.5 US men shoes, and the medium size socks fit me just right - not too tight and not too loose. I measured my calf at the largest girth and it's about 15 inches if that helps. I'm about 5'8" 175 lbs.

Overall, these socks are one of my favorite investments, a value worth beyond its price for the results I've been getting. Apart from the markings, it looks like a regular sock. Not many people will know its a special sock, but believe you me, you definitely will!
on May 18, 2013
I never thought my life would come to the point where I was spending $35 dollars on socks and yet here we are. I injured my leg jogging because I'm 35 now and apparently that's just what happens. Some guy I met on the street told me that I needed compression socks for better blood circulation and to promote healing. He also mentioned that he was only $12 short for a bus fare to Minneapolis and that I should help a brother out (so the socks actually cost like $47). Now, I'm not some leg scientist so I don't know if these things work or not, all I know is that they're crazy comfortable and I want to wear them all the time. These socks even give me the confidence to wear what look like black panty hose in public places. Tonight I wore them to the grocery store in shorts and sandals and some old lady gave a look like "you didn't!" and I was all like "whaaaaat?!" and then she gave me one of those, "my bad's" so I handed her an "I thought so, now keep on walkin".

Buy these socks, and trips to the grocery store will never be the same.

BTW: I would have given these 5 stars, but the price dropped 25% literally the same day they arrived. Capitalism can be so cruel.

EDIT! I amended my review to 5 stars because the benevolent souls at Amazon have bestowed a refund in the amount of $8.75. Someone's getting the good cheddarwurst tonight! (me)
on May 12, 2011
I have tried four brands at least, some fall off, some are too tight, some do not stay up and rip, this pair so far is the best, it's a tight weave, a bit too tight to put up to the knee but an inch or two lower is comfy for me...and i can feel it working, feet were itchy, now they're not. Amazing! Worth $34/pair and comparable to the German brand which I found to be effective but itchy after awhile and somehow just a bit tight. I'm not diabetic or athletic, so I'd like to read reviews from those who are. My dad had bad edema in his ankles, my instinct is these socks might prevent that...to a degree, of course exercise prevented in for him, he only got the edema when he stopped moving. You will know this brand because each pair come in a box, made in Italy, and with a separate tag on the sock itself...it does feel like a foot massage going on without any effort and the more I walk in them the more massage I get!

I have since found some cheaper ones on amazon, the shorter sock that work just as well, but for this TYPE of full length compression sock, the original review "stands," pun intended. My teenage son (who is much more athletic than I am) wears the shorter ones and they also do well in the wash, not tearing like regular crew socks, and they completely get rid of the foot smell.
on April 16, 2012
I primarily purchased these compression socks for travel. I was somewhat worried about how difficult they would be to put on. They were moderately difficult, but only the first time. I figured how to easily get the socks on.

I wore them on an international trip and had them on a full 24 hours. My legs and feet were comfortable the whole time and there was absolutely no swelling after the flight.

I also ended up wearing the compression socks for long days of walking or standing in museums and they worked wonderfully well there too.

I absolutely love these socks and own both the silver and the pink pair. I generally wait for them to be marked down before purchasing, although I would be willing to pay the full price if need be. They are very, very good and comfortable socks.
on October 11, 2011
I bought these socks for running and they also serve a great purpose when working all day. I am a RN and on me feet all day. These socks keep my legs pain free. Bought two pairs and love them. They are worth the cost.
on July 29, 2011
I purchased two pairs of these socks prior to running the Boulder Boulder this year and love them. I'm now ordering another pair as I'm training for a marathon. I don't like to remove them after I run because they feel so wonderful. I've had no problems with the way they fit and wear as they have held up great and been on many runs. I wold recommend them to everyone...makes a world of difference
on June 19, 2012
I recently purchased these compression socks for my daughter, a high school cross country and track runner. She owns two other sets of a different brand and she has indicated to me that these are by far her favorite set. She primarily uses them on days she has races (all day). She says her legs feel more refreshed for the races, could be physiological but maybe not, either way she races great while wearing them so for her and me definitely worth the money. P.S. One of the sets that she owns was more expensive than this one.
on June 11, 2013
I am a CVICU nurse and these are the best compression socks I have tried"! They are a must-have for anyone who is on their feet for most of the day!! It is only the third "brand" that I have had. BUT they are the best fitting, most comfortable and worked great! I will stick with these for the rest of my career, I am sure!

I am 5' 8" & these fit to just the right spot below my knee.
on March 24, 2015
Awesome socks. They have really helped my feet and legs feel better after a long day standing in the operating room. I am on my feet for at least 11 hours every day and these socks make a big difference. Fit very well and I have big feet, size 15, and big calves. Definitely recommend to everyone.
I am 6'4" with size 14 feet, and found that the Eurosocks were just a bit shorter up the leg than I would like. Otherwise, they fit well, though they are quite thin. The compression was not as much as I wanted and the "graduation" seemed to be more discrete, going from a lot of compression towards the ankle to much less compression just an inch or two higher. I also didn't care for the visible orange arrows on the sides of the socks.

For me, a better choice has been the Coolmax compression socks sold by Footsmart (while Footsmart sells some compression socks through Amazon, these you have to order through Footsmart directly). Not only are they cheaper but the fabric is thicker, the sock is longer and they are available in a firmer compression. I note that Eurosocks doesn't state what the compression level of their socks is, though it is alleged to be 18-22mm. The Footsmart socks come in a 20-30mm rating.