1,307 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's supposed to.
I live in a coastal region that receives high levels of moisture and humidity on a daily basis. To top it off, my house has bathrooms which have no ventilation, so we've often had to deal with mold problems. The answer to my problems arrived in the form of a small box-shaped dehumidifier called "Eva Dry".

This device works tremendously well, pulling moisture...
Published on January 15, 2007 by Bradley Olin

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked great for 2 years
Published on July 12, 2009 by Marie in L.A.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's supposed to., January 15, 2007
Bradley Olin (Long Beach, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)

This device works tremendously well, pulling moisture out of the air at a reasonable rate. The 16oz reservoir takes about one week to fill up, when I leave it running constantly. I use it in my bathroom mainly, but once in a while my bedroom will feel damp, and it handles the 12'x14' space just as effectively as it does the bathroom. My only complaint is that it's not nearly as quiet as I thought it would be, and the power cord is kind of bulky for bathroom use; I have to tuck it all away someplace, and my only outlets are on the counter, so that's a bit aggravating. The product loses one star for that.

I recommend this to anyone who has ventilation problems and needs to be rid of excess moisture in small to medium sized spaces.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a no brainer, March 12, 2011
Being an engineer and technician I have no problem with these little devices.
They all are cold on one side and hot on the other side of the device.
They all have a little cheap fan running to remove heat from the hot side.
Without that fan they will not work!
Changing the fan is easy and cheap versis throwing away a solid state device that is working fine, just in need of the fan.
You can get these fans in most electronic stores. You can buy them all over the Internet.
You might even find one that will fit it in a computer store like Fry's etc.
These fans last a year or two and the bearings lock up.
Don't throw away a $50.00 item for a $5 to $10 fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked great for 2 years, July 12, 2009
I bought the Eva dehumidifier a little less than 2 years ago and it seemed to work great. I had it in an average size bedroom. It was fairly quiet and it was just the right size for my needs, as it would fill up after about 4 days. It shut off when full so no worries and was really simple & quick to empty. I was surprised at how much water it actually would accumulate - it holds a pint. I put a little hand towel under it just in case but there was never any significant leaking. On a wood nightstand, I just didn't want any moisture damage to the wood and there never was.

I would have given the product 5 stars if it had lasted a couple more years but it didn't. I know it didn't cost a lot but I think things should last a little longer than 2 yrs and now when I go looking for a new one, I have to assume I'm paying $50 for something that will work < 2 yrs and contribute to our landfills.

I started looking for a new product and I'm sad to say that the reviews for comparable are not very good. In fact, I noticed the same problem in reviews for other brands but those brands didn't even last a year! It seems to have been the same problem; one day the thing just doesn't turn back on. Mine got full so it automatically shut off. After I emptied it, it didn't turn back on. I waited a few days with it unplugged, I made sure the plug connection was good but it still doesn't turn on. Reading other brand reviews though, it seems those stopped working within days or a few months. Maybe I should be happy almost 2 yrs?

I liked the size, ease of use and fairly quiet fan, plus it didn't look that bad or bulky sitting on a nightstand. Maybe mine was a lemon and another one would last longer. I hope so because I haven't found anything better and even if I pay for a better quality, more reliable product, I haven't found one which has all the positive attributes this one had.

I should add that this unit just sat there and never had any misuse. It didn't get dropped, knocked over nor did it experience any power surges. There are many other things I own that go through abuse and I would be surprised if they lasted 2 yrs but this one I would have expected a little bit longer life from.

Again, it may have been an unlucky fluke for me but you may want to consider when buying that it may not last 2 yrs. Hope this is helpful.

2.0 out of 5 stars appealing concept, failed execution, July 5, 2007
craig (cambridge, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
fan is not quiet enough to run all night in bedroom.

Dehumidifying a bedroom is a problem - If you get a typical dehumidifier, the compressor is so loud that you can't run it at night. So you only run during the day, and hope things aren't too clammy by morning. The Eva-Dry sounds promising: By using a thermoelectric cooler, it avoids the noisy compressor, and thus offers the potential to run all night without the noise problem.

Unfortunately, the fan on the eva-dry is so noisy that you can't run it all night, and the cooler is so weak that even with two of them they don't dry the air enough to just run them during the day. So it was a of no use to me.

This product is *only* useful for dehumidifying a *very* small area (closet, bathroom) that is *very* humid. Many of the reviews said this very thing, but I took a chance that two of them would accomplish something. The loud fan was an additional unpleasant surprise.

Thumbs up to Amazon for the easy return policy. I was able to try out this idea with minimal hassle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dehumidifier with some flaw, May 31, 2009
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
I had this machine for nearly 9 month.

It collect great deal of water, and I am very happy about that part.
If you live in apartment, it is just a perfect size.

If you try to set this one up in basement or large room, tank might be too small. But for NY apartment, they are perfect size and very quiet.

The major flaw of this machine is not unit itself.
But, its power switcher(whatever they called for AC adapter)

I happened to bought 2 unit, and one of them already failed.
Turned out, it was power switcher that failed and unit are both still functional.

After reviewing other people's comment about similar problem,
I suspect it is frequent occurrence.

Thus I will rate this one 3 star for cheaply made power units, and seemingly impossible to find replacement.

Otherwise, I would have given 5star.

Update August 2009:
Few month ago, I ordered 2 more unit about the same time friend of mine ordered 2 units for herself.
It appeared, they changed supplier of AC adapter. Newer version AC adapter seemed to operate better than older version adapter.
Will see in a year or so.

Update September 2009:
My other units AC adapter broke. So as far as 2008 model are concern it is 2 out of 2 poor AC adapter units.
Since their website are now online. I had contacted customer support telephone number listed on their website.
After little talk with customer support, I bought 2 replacement AC units with price of one AC units.
Supposed to get those shipped in a week.

Anyone who bought this units in 2008/2009 before they changed AC adapter supplier should contact customer support if those units went dead within a year.

Update October 2010 :

First 2 units I bought back in 2008 broke almost at same time... probably within week.

So, this product's main unit has life expectancy of about 2 year. Not too bad for this type of device given underlying technology for this type of device is lots more complicated and delicate than noisy compressor based device. this type of unit's life is most likely determined by condenser or semiconductor on its circuit board, and since semiconductor part will be continuously exposed to excess heat and humidity, I might be harsh to expect life beyond 2-3 years.. Mine does looks like condenser fault than actual fault on heat exchange semiconductor units. And two units died almost at same time, my guess is it was caused by same faulty condenser units.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, November 13, 2006
Ligvat (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
We use it in our bathroom to help eliminate excess humidity that causes smelly mildew/mold, and it does help! Without a window or an exhaust system that brings in outside air, a dehumidifier was needed. This one is small enough to sit on our vanity and really helps. And it was inexpensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars EDV-1100 Product Review, November 11, 2006
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
I have used this unit for about a month now and am quite impressed. It does exactly what it claims to do.

I have a small bathroom (10'x8') where humidity was a problem. There was moisture all over the window and wallpaper. Once I put the unit in, the problem disappeared in 2 days.

The only disclaimer with this unit is that it is not "whisper" quiet unless you think the noise similar to a hair dryer on low is "whisper" quiet.

Cord is long and unit is easy to empty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
We needed a small dehumidifier for our 5th wheel trailer in the winter. It takes up very little space and does not use much power, but takes out the dampness and keeps the trailer dry. I am very pleased with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Isn't very powerful., July 26, 2013
The bathroom on our main level is wet and humid all the time. Just damp overall. It's a small room with limited access to outlets, so I needed something small that would fit on our counter top. This Eva-Dry fits beautifully in the space we had to offer and does remove water from the air. Just not enough to keep our bathroom from feeling damp.

Our towels dry overnight ever since I plugged this little guy in which is the primary reason I bought it. That being said, I was expecting the entire bathroom to be less humid, not just enough so the towels could dry. Despite the fact that this dehumidifier runs at all times, the humidity in the bathroom is still palpable in the air hours after someone has showered. It takes the better part of a week while running 24/7 for the reservoir on the bottom go get 3/4 full.

It is quiet, especially for a main room like a bathroom. It's impossible to hear it if the water is running. I can hear it in the bedroom next door if the doors to both rooms are open, albeit a quiet low hum, and only if there's no one else talking or other noise to interfere. If you're sensitive to noise and there's no other noise in your bedroom, I would imagine it would take some adjustment to having this near your bed.

Overall, its okay. It doesn't work as well as I hoped it would, but it keeps my towels from mildewing and there's something to be said for that. I also like the noise level for a room that is frequently visited. If I knew then what I know now, I would keep looking for a small dehumidifier with more oomph to see what was widely available. I'm not sure if there's anything better on the market, but it works well enough for us to keep it until it dies.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, March 19, 2007
This review is from: Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier (Health and Beauty)
We purchased this for use in our travel trailer. It worked fine for about a month, then stopped. Dead. Don't waste your time or money on this!

Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier