5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Dry in one day
Wow, am I impressed. This item delivers. I had a small safe that was getting musty and all the documents felt soft and damp. I charged up the Eva-dry, stuck it in and BAM! (Emeril Style) The next day everything was dry and crisp. I recharged the unit over night and stuck it back in the safe. It couldn't be easier!

And those of you who read the other...
Published on August 24, 2007 by T. Watson

2.0 out of 5 stars eva small dehumidifier
Published on January 3, 2007 by janedoe2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Dry in one day, August 24, 2007
This review is from: Eva-dry Renewable E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer (Health and Beauty)

And those of you who read the other reviews and see people write things about not being able to tell if the crystals are blue or pink, IGNORE THEM. The people that wrote those are obviously dumb or blind. This product couldn't be easier to use. If all the crystals aren't the same color, then either plug it back into the wall, or keep letting it do it's thing. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars KK "Reader" MISUSED the product: Do NOT plug in..., November 12, 2005
You do NOT plug it in in the humid room. You plug it in when you want to RELEASE the collected moisture!

I've weighed mine repeatedly on a postal scale and the cyclic change shows it's working - it will absorb and release about 1/2 cup (4 oz) of water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated review after 2 years of use, July 1, 2008
This is simply the best item I have ever bought on Amazon. I have now used them for TWO years and heartily recommend them.

If you are on the fence as whether to order the EVA-DRY 500 or the smaller 300/333, do yourself a favor and order the 500 unless space is an issue. The 500 is fairly large but it has a more stable base (if you aren't hanging it) & requires less frequent recharging.

AT ANY RATE...
I live in a very moist area & mildew, etc, is a HUGE problem here. After 2 years of religious recharging when pink, Mr. Stinky has finally departed from my problem cabinets (previously, I had drilled holes in the backs to improve airflow and even wiped the inside of those WOOD cabinets with undiluted bleach in an attempt to kill the smell).

NOTE: I use more than one EVA DRY 500 per chest or cabinent.

I now buy & use them BEFORE a smell problem arises.

I also use them hanging w/in muslin garment bags (shearling & leather coats).

Perhaps those who have had a negative experience w/ EVA-DRY didn't give the product enough time; do not expect complete dryness & a fresh smell immediately after placement.

I recharge it on a power slip placed on my kitchen counter (ceramic tile) because of other reviewers comments about the difficulty of wall outlet recharging due to Eva-dry's weight & because it *does* heat up when being renewed.

My only complaint is that it has next to zero instructions about the hanger (e.g. hanger on 300 series goes in hole on back & the hanger on the 500 goes through the holes in the plug).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-Bye Silica bags ...., February 26, 2007
This is the third one I've purchased (two were already in use in two separate cases doing a fantastic job). With having to care for vintage costume jewelry, these units are perfectly sized to fit in my showcases and not be an eyesore. Usually requiring a recharge every 2-3 weeks, I purchased the third so I never have a minute without one protecting my collection. Definitely great value considering what silica packs cost every 3 months. Anyone with a prized collection (whether it be paper, guns, gems or art) should seriously consider purchasing this product for smaller storage areas (safes, cabinets, etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works!, December 5, 2011
This is my 2nd Eva-dry Renewable Dehumidifier purchase. My other one is the 500 for a little larger room and that one worked so well, I decided to purchase one for a small "cellar" room in my basement that is constantly damp, smells bad and has mold growing on the walls. Its a very small room-4x6 at the most with no ventilation. I just put this one on the shelf and was truly AMAZED that after just a few days the room no longer smells and you can tell that the moisture level is down! I really like the fact that its renewable and all you have to to is plug it in to recharge it. Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Eva-dry EDV-300 Dehumidifer is a Hummer !, January 11, 2007
DallasBugMan (Mesquite , Tx.) - See all my reviews
This Dehumidifer is The handy`s thing I`ve ever see ..... I use the EDV-300 in a Fire Prof. Safe that I keep about $1000.00 worth of Gun Powder and Primers in . It works Very Well and keeps my powder And primers 100 % "DRY" ! It has a set of Blue BB`s incased in the front of it that tells you the unit is ready for use . It will last for about 2 weeks or so , then the BB`s in it will turn Pink and you can see a little mosture in the glass housing the BB`s , Which means the unit needs to be recharge , or dryed out . All you do is ..... Plug the unit into a wall outlet (110 Volt) for about 4 hours with the flop down and out plug on the back of the unit ..... When you see the BB`s Turn Blue again , un-plug the unit .... Flop the plug shut or Close on the back of the unit , And it`s ready to put back in My Powder Safe for about Two week`s . Does a VERY Good Job and O-Mosture in my Powder Safe ! ... this unit is Worth More than 5 *****`s .... It`s Worth 10*`s ... Wouldn`t Take Nothing For It .

Be Sure You Buy The Right Size EDV Unit For Your Size Safe and it Will keep the thing in Your Safe "DRY" ! I have a larger EDV Unit in a Gun safe that Works Just As Well .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Basement, Closet, Garage!, April 11, 2006
This is the BEST mini dehumidifier I have seen. No Chemicals. No Batteries. No Fuss. Just hang it in the damp room - mine is in the basement. When the beads turn pink, plug it into an outlet and it "burns out" the water, ready to be put to work again. It has completley eliminiated that damp, musty smell from my room.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!! For my med size bathroom, May 14, 2013
Bathroom with no extraction fan. It used to smell humidity all the time and I had to open a window to solve problem but we are going thru the polen season and my bathroom it gets all dirty so it was a big problem everyday i wanted to try this based on reviews.... I Love It. I Love It. I will buy 1 more for my basement and 2 for my bother's bathroom and his son's bedroom. Is affordable and it works.

When I opened the box I said, what is this? It has small blue balls inside and a small window to see them. When little balls turns pink you will need to plugging it in a outlet outside of your house to release all humidity. If you plug it inside your room all humidity will be released again in the room. I plugged in a outlet outside of my kitchen for 8-10 its.

Highly recommended!!! Ohh, in instructions says this will take 2-3 weeks for the tiny balls to turn pink... mine, it takes 4-7 days... :( my bathroom used to be humid

2.0 out of 5 stars eva small dehumidifier, January 3, 2007
The product arrived within a reasonable time period so I have no problem with the purchase from the supplier. However, I should inform those who want to dehumidify a space larger than a cabinet that it needs recharging regularly. I have placed them in closets, a glass-fronted bookcase, and out in the open and they take only a few days to require reccharging via evaporation using an outlet. I would have ordered a larger unit if I had known this. They do work but are for small spaces. I live in a fairly arid environment as well so those who live in a more humid locale - say the east coast should upgrade to a larger model from the same manufacturer. Otherwise, the service was good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera Bag Dehumidifier, February 26, 2008
Jay Poel (Brantford, ON CAN) - See all my reviews
What a great little product. I was looking for something to keep my camera bag moisture free and happened to see an article in Pop Photo magazine talking about this product. If you own a DSLR and lenses, you should know that moisture can cause mold and fungus to grow IN and on your lenses.

If you have a large(ish) camera bag - which most DSLR owners do - this is almost perfect - slightly on the large size but I still managed to get it, my Nikon D80 with a lens attached and two addition lenses, all three lens hoods, my extra battery and USB cable to fit in the bottom of my LowePro Orion Trekker II.

I love the fact that it is reusable by simply plugging it in for 8 hours to dry itself.

Eva-dry Renewable E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer