5.0 out of 5 stars Evaluating Writing Strands
This is a very good book to have to answer questions about how to grade/correct your childs work. She gives great pointers on just how to encourage your child to "love" writing. If your using Writing Strands you need this book!
Published on September 28, 2008 by D. Esquibel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not needed...
I purchased this along with the Writing Strands workbook. While we love the Writing Strands curriculum, I was unhappy with this guide. It is mostly filled with make-believe conversations between the author and students. Not exactly helpful. Do check out the Writing Strands, though. Our 3rd grader who didn't like to write really enjoys it!
Published on October 20, 2007 by Kathleen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not needed..., October 20, 2007
Kathleen (in the kitchen) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Evaluating Writing Strands, September 28, 2008
D. Esquibel (Apple Valley, CA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good General Evaluation Guide, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Evaluating Writing (Writing Strands Ser) (Paperback)
I purchased Writing Strands Level 6 for my high schooler. I was hoping this guide would have examples of the writing assignments in the higher levels, which it did not. Evaluating Writing is good to read through to help be a positive and encouraging teacher but didn't meet my needs because it was too vague when it came to upper lever writing evaluation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, August 11, 2013
Rosanne (Waitakere, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evaluating Writing (Writing Strands Ser) (Paperback)
This is an extension of the writing strands series. it is not a textbook or guide to teaching children to write as are the numbered writing strands books but rather a tool for the parents to evaluate their students work and know where to go for the second, third etc draft. it is filled with many examples of children's work and shows the parents comments as well as Dave Mark's. this book can be used as a stand alone resource.

Evaluating Writing (Writing Strands Ser)
Evaluating Writing (Writing Strands Ser) by Dave Marks (Paperback - March 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $2.37