5.0 out of 5 stars an awesome CD from a very cool band
Published on July 26, 2000 by Chaura

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be 3 3/4 stars....infectious...
Published on January 6, 2000 by Adam Richman

5.0 out of 5 stars an awesome CD from a very cool band, July 26, 2000
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
This is an amazing CD. I bought it after hearing "InsideOut" always playing on the radio, but I ended up loving everysong. There are interesting lyrics that incorporates a large vocabulary, plus different, interesting tunes well-played by the three-man band. It's hard to compare Eve6 to another band. The songs on this CD range from happy, light-hearted ballads, such as "Open Road Song", to harder, more 'angry' music like "Leech" to mellow but strange songs like "Jesus Nitelite". Then there are quizzical thought-provokers like "There's a Face" and catchy tunes such as "Small Town Trap". No part of the CD really sticks out at the first listening; the vocals and normal, the instruments are pretty-well played, the lyrics and music themselves are slightly above-average, but somehow, as a whole, Eve6 stands out as a CD one can listen to over and over again, without ever getting bored. I would definitely recommend this CD to fans of all kinds of music, because Eve6 is a band you do not want to miss out on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be 3 3/4 stars....infectious..., January 6, 2000
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
I, like just about anybody else who listened to the radio during the summer of 1998, caught the tumble-down lyrics of "Inside Out" as well as the driving rhythm behind what appeared at first to be such a pop-punk type song with surprisingly adroit lyrics. Shortly after, I saw the band play at a Blockbuster Music promo - scaled down, no drums (Tony played guitar) and only 3 songs - "Open Road Song," "How Much Longer," and of course - "Inside Out." I was amazed that these teenagers posessed such committed musicianship and artistry - to look at them, you would not think this - but again, what a pleasant surprise. I had to compliment Max's (vox and bass) poetic lyrics and presence ("I loved you while he was in you in the shower" - from Showerhead"...yes, they may need some growth and they do occasionally resort to (forgive) Bryan Adams-ish "Yeah-yeahing" to close out their fierce endings (great stuff) - but this is a band that I hope that we'll be hearing from....a cut above average SoCal rock, and a cut above most albums of the genre. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent band's excellent debut, November 28, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
A lot of reviewers predicted when this CD first came out and "Inside Out" began receiving airplay that Eve 6 would always be a one hit wonder. They were proved wrong almost immediately with the success of "Leech", and then again in 2000 with "Promise", "Here's To The Night", and "On The Roof Again" from Horrorscope. But don't buy this CD because the band has more than one hit, buy it because this entire CD is incredible. Eve 6 has perfected a distinctive sound, which separates them from all the junk rock on the radio these days. In case you were worried, they're no soft, poppy Lifehouse-style band. The guitar work is great, although not revolutionary. "Open Road Song" and "Small Town Trap" combine witty lyrics with driving guitar. All in all, the best CD of 1998.

5.0 out of 5 stars These kids have it together......, May 13, 2000
Jenna (Hillsboro, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
It is amazing to think that the median age of the guys in this band is 19. I first heard "Inside Out" and enjoyed the song so much that I had to find out about the rest of the album. Color me more than pleasantly surprised when I discovered that the rest of the tracks were *as good or better* than "Inside Out". The lyrics are absolutely the best part of the whole package. Tight rifts, impeccable timing, and really interesting musicality make this a personal favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy, August 21, 2000
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
I never really planned on buying this album, I was just at the store about a year ago, trying to decide what to buy, and I just decided to pick this one up, and well, I'm very glad I did. Great album, all the way through. Max is quite a songwriter (even if he thinks congruent rhymes with student). My picks would have to be the killer radio hit, "Leech", "Open Road Song" (haven't gotten to crank it in my car yet), and "Jesus Nitelite", their finest moment, I'd be surprised if they ever topped this one. Yes, a very great album, somewhat like Green Day, but a bit better. If you haven't bought this album yet, you must get it now. I also recommend "Horrorscope", which I just bought, but haven't gotten to listen to yet. Also, check em out live, they put on a great show. Peace out.

5.0 out of 5 stars an awesome debut, April 12, 2004
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
This is a spectacular album. I actually got it about 4 years ago, but not having the refined tastes i have now, i didn't listen to it much. I came across it a few months ago and immediately got hooked. The style here is simple, but incredibly catchy. Driving bass parts, fast guitar, and killer drum fills abound throughout. Some of the best songs are "inside out", "tongue tied", and "superhero girl".

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than Horrorscope, November 12, 2000
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
Nearly two years after purchasing this album, I am still not tired of it. These eleven songs display both lethal hooks and the extraordinary literary skills of then-19 year old Max Collins. Most surprising is track #6- "Jesus Nitelite", which is a soft, beautiful anthem of a wanting to go all the way, but with guilty feelings. Immediately after this, Eve 6 demonostrates their varying abilities with track #7, "Superhero Girl", which is a silly, "feel-good" song. Another standout is track #8... listen for the hilarious lyrics. The point is, Eve 6 gave us the radio anthems "Inside Out" and "Leech", and has even more to offer. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 27, 2000
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
I love this album! Eve 6 is the band really got me listening to music, and this, their debut, still gets heavy rotation in my player even after two years. I can sing along to every damn song on this, and I don't care that I sound like crap! Not many bands can do this. Infectious, genius, catchy, a great debut from one of the best rock bands out there. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

5.0 out of 5 stars "good music virginity", September 22, 2003
amy (cleveland, oh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
eve6's first album was probably the best CD i have ever. bought. simply because, i was young when this album debuted. perhaps 12 or 13 (1998). i heard the song "inside out" on the radio, and me, being young, had to go out immediately and buy the CD. little did i know what i was getting into. the CD was completely revolutionary for me. up until then i had listened to what everyone else in my school had listened to, and that whatever was on a certain radio station. i like to say that i lost my "good music virginity" to that CD. i can pop in the CD now, and it still sounds great. if you're considering buying the album, i would STRONGLY reccomend it. a few good tracks on this CD are showerhead, open road song, and superhero girl. you will NOT be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh from high school, January 17, 2003
This review is from: Eve 6 (Audio CD)
I knew that Eve 6 must have a lot of talent to be picked up in high school, and listening to this CD proves it. They are creative lyricists with an original sound, what more could you want! The songs tend to be catchy, good thing, and tell their stories well, great thing! I admit that the last part of the CD is lacking a bit, a tiny bit but a bit, but, hey, the first songs are great. My personal favorites are Leech, the radio hit Inside Out, and Showerhead. Okay, not a perfect CD, but very close and there are plenty of great and good songs. So don't let a few mediocre songs bring you down, the great ones, like my favorites, are reason enough to buy this awesome CD.

Eve 6
Eve 6 by Eve 6 (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies