4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the First!
I actually like this one better than the first release. It's a great, eclectic mix of FM radio hits from the golden age of FM radio. (I was 15 in the summer of 1976, so maybe I'm a little biased.)

Published on June 11, 2006 by The_Fifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good,but not as good as the first one
Published on June 21, 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the First!, June 11, 2006
This review is from: Even More Dazed And Confused (1993 Film Dazed And Confused) (Audio CD)

All of these songs were part of the soundtrack of my life, played at suburban basement make-out parties and blasted from the windows of gas-guzzling old American cars. How I wished I could have grown a mustache like the ones sported by Foghat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CD !!!!!!!!!!!!!, July 17, 2002
Jay Crutcher (Louisville, Ky.) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this 'album.' I grew up in the 70's and remember the rush I got from hearing these songs (and the ones from the first Dazed and Confused album) when they first came out. They are still as great as they were then, even better! Back then, the music was real. I miss all the good things associated with that time. Looking at what goes on today, it makes that time that much more special. It was OK to feel good back then, to have a good time. Anything was possible. In the song "American Pie" (not on the album) the listener is asked if 'music can save your mortal soul.' With both these sountrack albums that answer is yes. They make your spirit soar. They allow you to feel the freedom we felt when we went cruising, etc. This album is a perfect reminder of turning on the radio and hearing all these hits. Of a time when it was OK to feel good. Please take my advise, buy these 'albums.' I guarantee you will not regret it. They are exactly what those of us who "lived it" then need so very much now, a joyful escape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, by great artists, all on one CD., July 9, 2002
Elizabeth Brumagem (Amelia, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
With artists like War, ZZ Top, Foghat, Peter Frampton, Alice Cooper, The Edgar Winter Group, Dr. John, The Steve Miller Band, Black Oak Arkansas, Head East and Seals & Crofts this soundtrack is for sure something to own, even if you weren't born in the 70's to live through the music and even if your not a 70's obessed person, like myself. With a movie so awesome like Dazed and Confused its really awesome to have not one amazing soundtrack from an amazing movie, but two!

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great time to be in High School, July 2, 1998
Both of these are great CD's. We didn't have to worry about guns or disease....just cruising. These songs, with the notable absence of "Boston", really capture the "live for the moment attitude" of the 70's. I dont know when girls have looked better than then. Long hair, faded jeans etc. I mean what can I say? These "albums" help us high schoolers of the seventies do what we all want to do......Recapture our youth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the first soundtrack, August 28, 2002
Ei "crzybookmoovielover" (Seekonk, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
and they say sequels aren't as good as the first! "Free ride" and "No more Mr. Nice Guy" open up this cool record, and get you in a rocking mood. Although, it is the Texas rock song, "Balinese" by ZZ Top that really gives this five stars. That is the song, for those that have seen the movie, when the black friend is dancing in the back of the truck during the beer blast. I never realized it was ZZ Top until I looked at the c.d.
This is a great addition for those with extremely diverse c.d. collections. Especially lovers of 1970's music. This disc offers 12 tracks, and musicians such as Peter Frampton(two songs from him, the last two of the album), Foghat, War, Steve Miller Band, Alice Cooper, Edgar Winter, and Seals & Crofts all have one of their early 70's hits on it. There are some obscure songs that you may remember from the movie. Even though every song isn't necessarily as memorable as others here, they are all great songs. I liked every song I heard.
This is great driving music. Open the windows, and crank this one up!
Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Bob Dylan's Hurricane?, December 5, 2003
Felicity Doherty (Coleraine, County Derry, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm also a bit "miffed" (and that's the clean version!) to say the least that another classic track isn't on the album. Aerosmith's 'Sweet Emotion' is a painful loss, I agree with "music fan" who mentioned the same. It was a hell of an opening song and really set the mood. And the main characters were going to buy tickets to an Aerosmith concert at the end, so it's an obvious omission. Oh well...cool album anyway!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent soundtrack for a great movie!, March 22, 2006
"Dazed and Confused" is a film that unfortunately bombed at the box office when it was in theatres. Fortunately, it has since become a cult classic, and one of the definitive "party" flicks. It helped jump start the careers of the film's soon-to-be stars, such as: Ben Affleck, Parker Posey, Matthew McConaughey, Rory Cochrane, Jason London, and Milla Jovovich, to name a few. I first saw "Dazed" when I was 15. I heard how great of a film it was, so of course I decided to check it out. By the end of my first viewing, I was hooked. I became obsessed with the movie, and have seen it so many times that I've lost count, and it's still fresh and hilarious with every viewing (which is rare for a film)! It has become one of my favorite movies of all time, as well.

Anyway, just like the film's first soundtrack (simply titled "Dazed And Confused"), this soundtrack has excellent songs, but to me, the standouts are: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper (awesome hard rocker, which is excellently used in the film), "Do You Feel Like We Do?" by Peter Frampton (an awesome rocker that features the infamous "talkbox"), "I Just Want To Make Love To You" by Foghat (a cool rocker that you'll want to bang your head to), and "Free Ride" by The Edgar Winter Group (definitely a song to crank while cruising with your friends). As I said in my review for the film's other soundtrack, the film's opening track, "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith, and Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" are nowhere to be found on either of the film's soundtracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice but the first album is better, June 11, 2000
Even More Dazed and Confused picks up right where the first album left off, collecting all of the tracks which the former left off. On the whole, however, the first album consists of a slightly higher quality of music making it a better album. That is not to say though that this album isn't quite excellent in its own right, but maybe it would have been better to package the two as a double disc set. In the end, my only real grievance is with the fact that Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" was passed over, a spectacular song which would have been a far superior choice to "Lord Have Mercy on My Soul".

3.0 out of 5 stars Good,but not as good as the first one, June 21, 2004
By A Customer
Maybe I like "Volume I" a lot better because it came out first,but these songs just don't rock like the ones that are featured on the first soundtrack. A major flaw is that Linklater put another,DREADFUL Black Oak Arkansas song, "Lord Have Mercey on My Soul" on this companion soundtrack. The songs that REALLY standout & rock are: "No More Mr. Nice Guy"(Alice Cooper); "Never Been Any Reason"(Head East); "Balinese"(ZZ Top); "I Just Wanna Make Love To You"(Foghat); and "Show Me The Way" & "Do You Feel Like We Do" (both by Peter Frampton). Although "Volume II" is less in quality,I couldn't see not having it in my collection,just to go along with the first one.

5.0 out of 5 stars ass kickin' rock n' roll the way it used to/should be., June 6, 1999
By A Customer
Every song makes anyone who knows what good music is and what good times are feel good. Escape from the wretches we have been stuck in for the last 15-16 years and inhale this. You will be better for it. Whatever you do, resist today's crap and indulge in the rock n' roll of the seventies.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›