4.0 out of 5 stars Explains the Concepts Very Well.
Viewed: 7/14
Rate: 4

Published 4 months ago by Mr. Math Expert

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so
This book tries to break down statistics into an understandable format, but I learn best by doing. While the book has sample problems for you to work out, the answers do not come with explanations, so if you didn't get it right the first time, you have no idea where you went wrong.
Published on May 19, 2010 by Kimberly Colley

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, May 19, 2010
Kimberly Colley (Lexington, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Even You Can Learn Statistics: A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statistics (2nd Edition) (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not a well written book, March 9, 2013
Helene Gray (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I had to buy this book for a class. It is just not well written. I am three chapters in and have found multiple formula errors. It makes studying more difficult when the example that is supposed to explain a concept is referring to another concept or doesn't work out mathematically. I use this to find out what the teacher wants for the assignments and I use another book to clarify the concepts this one is trying to explain.

1.0 out of 5 stars read about 1/4 of it and gave up, April 19, 2012
ilbob (Northern IL) - See all my reviews
I downloaded this for free in the Kindle edition as I was interested in (re)learning some statistics.

The first thing I noticed was the book is horribly formatted. A number of places the embedded formatting commands are displayed. There are chapter numbers and paragraph numbers, but the way different levels of headings are formatted don't make it real obvious what level one is at. A lot of key words are capitalized and bolded in a font that makes them stand out more than the section headings that are smaller and lower case. Overall, the way the book is formatted makes it hard for me to follow.

I went back to it several times hoping for something out of it that would be helpful to me, but it was not to be. I think the formatting issues are almost insurmountable for me. It made the content all but impossible for me to deal with.

It seems like a good idea that maybe a decent editor could reformat and make more usable, but in its current form I am not going to spend any more time on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Memorize and take a test., December 18, 2011
The book is factual and if you can wade through it, useful. The writing has a social/political attitude, which is slightly annoying. But the problem with the book is that it starts by giving about 20 words for which you must memorize the definitions assigned to them within this specific profession or discipline, which is not the common English definition. A good editor who also knows how to write could turn this into a real gem by starting with examples and pivoting off those to an explanation of what the various elements are and how they affect each other. But I admire and respect anyone who can write a book and I applaud the author.

1.0 out of 5 stars confusing, November 9, 2010
I took two statistics courses in college and wanted a refresher. I thought the way things were explained in this book were terrible and if I didn't have previous experience with statistics I would have had no idea what was going on. This book made me afraid of statistics.

1.0 out of 5 stars hate it, July 24, 2013
this book was not very helpful for me in my statistics class. I would not recommend this book to someone who is not math savvy or hasn't had math since high school.

4.0 out of 5 stars Explains the Concepts Very Well., July 16, 2014
Mr. Math Expert (Somewhere in New Jersey) - See all my reviews
Viewed: 7/14
Rate: 4

7/14: Already familiar with the ins and outs of statistics routinely taught in universities, I gave Even You Can Learn Statistics a cursory look on a plane ride since I got the pdf file for free. I think it is not bad at all; the definitions are clearly laid out and filled with conceptual discussions. The formulas are given out in an organized format. In so many ways, Even You Can Learn Statistics feels more like a Cliffs Review than a full workbook. It does have a nice review at the end of chapters with very relevant questions. So, I recommend the book for those who are already familiar with it. The others who are not should be directed to The Humongous Book of Statistics Problems or Schaum's Outline of Beginning Statistics, Second Edition (Schaum's Outline Series). All in all, Even You Can Learn Statistics does the job well, and it looks perfectly acceptable to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 12, 2014
Wonderful step by step guide for new people to understand how to do the work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
A good book for a Bible student

5.0 out of 5 stars Even You Can Learn Statistiscs, February 14, 2014
I ordered this book when I took a statistics class at a local college. This book was written well and helped me make an A in the class. I was very happy with the way the book is written.

Used & New from: $3.09