Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: 8 ounce|Change
Price:$17.98+ Free shipping

on February 22, 2008
We read alot about the BPA concerns and they make us nervous too. We tried Dr. Browns', Avent, Born Free, etc. and when we discovered that Medela nipples do vent when use with Evenflo glass bottles, we are so happy! Our baby loves this combination too! This system is economical, BPA-free, and simple (comparing to those of Dr. Browns' and Born Free's). We've been using the system for 5+ months and want to share this with you all...

Evenflo glass bottles, made in Mexico ($5 for three) = economically BPA-free!
Medela nipples, made in Germany ($5 for three) = soft, right flowing rate (slow or medium) for newborns and infants (you can buy Medela nipples at Babies R Us stores.)

One thing to remember is that you should tighten the cap just about right (not too tight) or else the system won't vent.
77 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2008
We bought these bottles after reading about the BPA scare. They are the classic thick glass bottles that I remember from years ago.

We have a daughter who transitioned between nursing and Avent bottles seamlessly, but the switch to these bottles just didn't work. We even bought the silicone nipples in the hopes that she would accept the new bottles, but she just cried and cried and couldn't seem to latch onto the new nipple and eat. (She was about 3-4 months when we tried the switch.) Also, these bottle obviously do not vent.

We also had some problems with heating up the glass bottles in the bottle warmer. Since our daughter was drinking pumped breastmilk, all of our bottles went from the fridge to the bottle warmer, directly. There were multiple occassions that the bottle couldn't take the stress of the change in temperature and cracked.

With all the difficulties, we switched to a different bottle system (Born Free) that has a wider nipple, a vent, and is made of BPA free plastic. I believe Born Free also offers glass bottles that fit their nipples and vent system, which might be worth looking into -but the bottles are much more expensive than these.

Having said all that, I still do use the Evenflo glass bottles that we have left. I can pump directly into them with my Medela Pump in Style breast pump without needing any adaptors. If I am travelling with the glass bottles, I just slip the bottle into a cute sock or stocking to prevent the glass bottles from bumping into each other. Besides the cracking during a temperature change, they are quite sturdy, and very easy to clean.
on July 16, 2007
no plastic-leaching worries from these bottles due to potential dangers of #7 plastic bottles that most plastic baby bottles are made of. i was also surprised at how affordable they were. the item was shipped quickly. my only slight complaint is that i wish these came with silicone nipples instead.

also, my opinion is that there's no need to buy a 4oz bottle since babies will quickly grow out of that stage. if you're short on money, just get the 8oz ones - you'll be holding the bottle when feeding a baby who can only consume smaller amount of milk, so no need to worry about the larger size for the baby.
on May 30, 2007
I chose to go with classic glass bottles because of safety reasons, and for the most part, am happy with my choice. The bottles are great and easy to clean, but the nipples are hard and unyielding. I actually use my Dr. Brown's nipples instead. I also use the internal vent from my Dr. Brown's bottles without the tube. It works great!
on September 24, 2007
These are your old-fashioned, sturdy glass bottles. So if you're used to a Dr. Browns', which vents so well, you'll be disappointed. My son sucks and sucks and when I take the bottle out of his mouth, air gets pulled in through the nipple, creating all kinds of bubbles. I tried to use the Dr. Brown's interior venting system, but it's just a hair too long to fit in the bottle. If they were just a bit shorter, they'd fit. I'm starting to think the extra money for the Born Free bottles is worth it.
on February 25, 2007
I cringe at the idea that I fed my baby from heated up polycarbonate bottles. I might not be able to breastfeed my baby, but with my new glass bottles, at least I know that I am feeding her the purest form of formula I can possibly give. She hated the taste of the latex rubber nipples so I bought some silicone ones and was successful.

When I consider the epidemic of autism in this country, I am dedicated to buying pure, organic baby products and avoiding using plastic products especially when heating in the microwave.
on June 30, 2007
I have used the bottles for four months and really like them. I have a Medela breast pump and the bottles fit directly on the pump, allowing me to pump directly into the bottle. I use Dr. Brown's nipples because the ones that come with the bottles seem kind of hard.

According to the book, Baby 411, antibodies from breastmilk stick to plastic, but not glass. I believe the authors of the book recommend glass bottles.
on August 10, 2007
I love these bottles! They have been used everyday for 18 months and are still going strong with baby #2. They have been thrown by my toddler on our hardwood floors practically daily and I have never had one to break or chip. I put breastmilk in the freezer in them- leave enough room at the top for expansion and then allow to thaw in fridge or bring to room temp under tap before heating in bottle warmer and you are good to go. They fit right on to my medella pump. I would suggest buying their silicon nipples to go with the bottles- they come with latex and I am not a big fan of latex for baby bottles. I feel grateful to have found this as an alternative to chemical leaching plastics!
on January 9, 2007
Excellent product... very difficult to find in stores. Can safely heat breastmilk and formula in a warmer... healthier than heating in plastic.
on July 10, 2015
You get what you pay for. My baby is 5.5 months old and I'm tired of washing a gazillion Dr. Brown's bottles and parts everyday. I felt that he was old enough to move to a simpler bottle. I really enjoyed the skinny streamlined look of the Dr. Brown's standard bottles and wanted something similar. I found these Evenflo bottles with decent reviews. A pack of 3 are only $6 so I shouldn't expect too much but the collars on these bottles are very flimsy and cheap. The nipples do not vent as per the description here, causing my baby to suck and suck until the nipple is collapsed making him work hard to drink. The bottle also drips like mad, I don't know how much milk has ended up on my baby's chest! And don't get me started on the bubbles!!! The milk bubbles up like it would if someone was blowing into a straw. Hey, I know my baby is smart but I don't think he knows how to blow yet!! I've tried this bottle with their classic nipples, the new + nipples, Dr. Brown's nipples, Parent's Choice nipples and collars, and they are all less than ideal. Here I go again, crawling back to Dr. Brown.