5.0 out of 5 stars beth
I recently purchased this pump on clearance at Target. This is my second child so I am familiar with a few different pumps and I love it. It pumps comfortably and quickly. The bag is a bit large and heavy, but he second side comes off for your convenience. I would recommend it to everyone.
Published on January 9, 2007 by Elizabeth Koontz

3.0 out of 5 stars nice pump
I don't use the pump everyday, but when i do use it it's great.. very quiet.. what i don't like is the awkwardness of the stand the two pumps go on is hard to adjust.. also i don't like how if both aren't being used, the suction is not strong. so i've got to use both everytime i pump...
Published on February 14, 2007 by J. Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars beth, January 9, 2007

3.0 out of 5 stars nice pump, February 14, 2007
J. Rice (New York City, NY) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains BPA!!, May 5, 2008
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
This pump contains BPA and has been discontinued. There are plenty of other pumps that are not made with BPA. Evenflo (and other companies, too) is remaking everything BPA free, so look at others instead of this one!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, February 7, 2007
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
Item worked well at first.

We planned well in advance so by the time this really got used the 90 day warranty had expired. After less than a month of regular usage the pump motor started to go bad, now it hardly pumps at all and when it does the motor really labors.

Kind of a pisser when a $140 item turns out to be a lemon.

One star because it DID work well at first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pump. Just as good as the Medela for less., November 12, 2008
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
I really like this breast pump. The Medela is all hype for that kind of money. Spend 1/2 as much and get this one. This is my second child and the pump I had the first time around was cheap and hurt, so I hated pumping. The Evenflo Elan works great. You are able to control the speed and amount of suction while pumping. You have the option of just using one or pumping both at the same time. As long as you have it adjusted correctly(like w/any pump) it works great. I don't know why some people have given this item a bad review, but apparently they're unexperienced and expecting a breast pump to be like nursing. Uh, no.... It's a machine, not a baby. So it's obviously going to feel different.
Anyway, if you're on a budget and looking for the best deal you can get, this is the pump to do it. Cant beat that it also comes w/a cooler. Great for when you have to pump @ work and keep it fresh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product-terrible warranty, April 17, 2009
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
Bought this for my wife in August. It worked ok for a few months and conked out in 6 months. The warranty is 90 days-in other words, don't expect it to work for much longer and sure enough, the motor dies in 6 months!!! A Medela might cost twice as much, but it has a better warranty and last longer-we have friends that have used Medela for over a year and a half without any issues. Save your money, spend more on a Medela!!!! Too bad I couldn't give it zero stars!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this pump, July 15, 2008
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
I regret buying this pump. I would highly recommend only buying a Medela pump. As a working mom, I rely on this pump for daily pumping several times of day and this pump cannot handle it. I've been using it for less than 7 months now and I've had two horns break and thought the pump was broken since it kept dying out. After speaking with Evenflo support and getting a replacement pump, I realized it's just a defect in the pump. I now see lots of reviewers complaining of this issue. With my first child I used a previously used Medela pump that was handed down to me after my sister-in-law used it for her 3 kids. I didn't have any problems and I pumped for 10 months. Working mom's don't need to deal with the additional stress of a pump not working properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied with performance, February 28, 2008
M. Pate (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
I didn't use the pump everyday, but was pleased with its performance. I don't have any experience with other pumps, but the directions were easy to follow. The rubber suction liner seems a little flimsy. I didn't use the stand because it was really awkward, but I was pleased with the suction and the little amount of time it took to get the job done. My son would feed for 15 minutes, but I could pump in about 5. I tried using the battery pack once (with freshly charged rechargeable batteries) and was unable to finish as it died after weakly pumping for 15 minutes. I wasn't happy about paying $160 for it, but when I realized it could've been a lot more expensive, I was satisfied with what I got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for everyday use, November 27, 2008
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
The first time I used this product I had given birth to my daughter the day before. I was plugged up and having a hard time trying to get my milk started. I pumped for 15 minutes and was able to breastfeed my daughter.

I will be using this product full time when I go back to work in January. I am very thankful to have it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but don't last long., March 5, 2013
This review is from: Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump (Baby Product)
I received this pump as a gift and have used it regularly everyday. The motor started going bad and acted like it really had to work to continuing working. I pump for 10 minutes each time and i have to hit the speed button two times during pumping because the motor slows down and doesn't work effectively. Don't recommend this pump at all. Worked great for the first few months.

Evenflo Elan Dual Breast Pump