Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 5, 2004
I bought this car seat for my 2 year old son and I am very happy with it. The biggest selling point for me was that the seat belt slots for the booster seat conversion are a part of the car seat "frame" and not part of the fabric seat "cover", like on other models. The seat is also nicely padded even without the lumbar padding which by the way, I have taken out...it had a tendency to slip out of place so I just simply removed it. My son is very comfortable in his new seat with his very own cup holder and a "goodie" bag which are both very easy for him to reach. One slight disagreement with the owners manual, the shoulder straps don't just "slip out" the back to adjust. My husband had to get a screwdriver to pop them out. (at least we know they are secure) Overall, a very good car seat for under $100 that by luck, matches my car interior!!
I found this seat to be well padded, fashionable, easy to adjust, etc. Thought it was perfect. However, my 2 year old son likes to climb into his car seat himself, when doing so, he holdsthe armrest for support. This armrest is NOT attached to the seat, it pops into a plastic hole. He leaned on it, the arm let go and he went flying backward. If I had not been standing behind him, he would have fallen on his back and hit his head heavily on the pavement. The armrest is now broken and cannot be used. A 30 pound child broke this and almost got injured. The attachments are cheaply made of pliable plastic and are easily broken. I have 2 other car seats in my husbands car and my mother inlaws, both have attached, built-in arm rests (both are Eddie Bauer) and have never had this problem.
on February 16, 2005
I have two toddlers and have always used Britax seats. My children have outgrown them and it was time to go to a booster. After shopping around, we chose this seat and I am very happy with it. We also looked at the Britax Husky, but thought the kids would not want to be in a "baby seat" until they are seven years old (state law here requires children in boosters until age 7).

The seat was challenging to tighten down during installation. However, I purchased a no slip mat to put underneath the seat ($10 at Toys R US)and now the seat does not budge. The cupholders are a bit flimsy, but I like that I can take them off and throw then in the dishwasher.

I love the padding on the seat. It is thicker than any of the other seats I looked at. Also, I like the seat belt holder being a part of the seat rather than a part of the cushion.

My biggest complaint is the difficulty in buckling the seat after the kids are seated. I have a Jeep Liberty and must reach up over the kids and around the seat in order to get the buckle latched. We also have two seats in a minivan and they are no problem to latch because there is more room to get in and assist them.

Overall, I think a very good seat and very economically priced.
on September 9, 2004
We recently purchased a new 4 door truck (has a backseat) for my husband, so it was time to put a carseat in his car for our daughter who is just 1 year old. I looked at lots of booster seat options, transitional seats, and regular car seats, and this one was a good deal and a great seat for many reasons:

1. The padding is soft, and plentiful

2. The price ~$90 is less than buying a forward/rear compatible which can run $190!

3. It has a nice, modern look to it, and fits well with new car interiors

4. Extras (the cup holder and little case)-we took those off since she does not need that right now.

5.There is an adjustable pillow in the back and nice, foamy armrests!

This seat was so popular that I could never find it in stock at the store, so I ordered it online and paid the $10 to have it brought to my door. It was well worth it. I highly recommed this seat, no problems, and I think we will be using it for at least a few more years to come!
on July 7, 2005
I don't even know where to begin, that's how horrible we found this seat to be. First off, the harness: 1) took us 30 min. to adjust to my 3 year old's height, and when we got the straps into the slots they needed to be in, we had to HAMMER them back in place...how good is that for the integrity of the seat? 2) the adjusting strap for the harness is on the child's right side of the harness (see pic. in the description..look really close). The strap just flaps around in their lap making it easy for them to pull and potentially get too tight while you are driving 3) the crotch strap is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. It has no padding around it and rather than snapping up on their belly somewhere it snaps IN their little crotch area. My daughter was crying instantly. The pillow...WHO thought that would be comfortable for a child? Someone who must not think very well, honestly. The arm rests and cup holder are CHEAP. There is not enough "seat" around my child to make me feel she is safe. Please take this to heart and don't buy it. Ours didn't even make it to our van. We returned it the next day.
on March 8, 2005
We tried several seats the day we bought this one. Even took them out of the store and tried them in the car before we picked one. Had our son sit in them, but made the mistake of not actually latching it. We thought the one sided strap adjustment was a little weird, but we thought we'd get used to it because the seat was nice otherwise. Well, it was awful. It was hard as heck to adjust the harness, and the latch between our son's legs dug into his thighs, plus the latch across his chest had to be squeezed very hard to get it open. Since this seat was going in the back of a two-door compact car, this seat was WAY too much trouble to get him in and out of. I absolutely do not recommend this seat at all.

We have a Cosco Alpha Omega in one car and it's great aside from a little twisting on the straps. And the one we replaced the Evenflo with is a Graco Ultra CarGo and so far it's fantastic. If you're interested in this seat, please make sure you try out all the adjustments and latches and get your child to sit in it to make sure it's comfortable before you buy it.
on December 11, 2004
1. Fits well in my car (2000 intrepid Rt) not many do because if the curvy seats. had it installed within 5 minutes. All the other ones took at least 20 and couldn't get them tight enough:(

2. Find it easier than most models to adjust. Just push the button and pull.

3. My 33 pound 38 inch three year old can buckle himself in. nice when i am trying to get my 5 month old buckled in.

4. Roomy

5. Well padded - pillow

6. like the side bag for treasurers.
on January 13, 2005
There were positive things that attracted me to this seat:

1. Reasonable cost.

2. Atrractive non-busy pattern.

3. Nice accessories for my child; cup holder, storage bag, armrests and many comfy looking pillows and support pads.

I ended up returning this seat because it was very difficult to adjust the straps. Yoh have to twist and pop them out of the back of the seat. It was only possible with a scewdriver and many attempts. The directions made it look a whole lot easier.

Another issue I had was with the chest strap adjuster. It sat against her chest right underneath the clip and she didn't like it. It was hard to keep the chest clip right at armpit level.

The head pillow and lumbar padding was nice, but too much for my daughter. I had to remove it in order for her to get a good fit. It was very easy to remove.

Lastly, her chest buckle was very difficult to open and close. I had to use a lot of pressure to squeeze it. I don't believe all Evenflo car seats have that problem. I think my seat happened to be defective.
on June 24, 2005
This is a great seat even though there have been some negative reviews...the metal pieces at the back although stiff pop out quite well for adjusting with a kitchen table knife and I would rather have them stiff than pop out on their own. The padding is great, my daughter loves it. She thinks she is a princess in this seat. I don't use the drink holder as we have built in ones in the car. The arm rests must be firmly popped in there holes and they WILL stay put. We are just about to purchase another one so we have a matching car seat for our second daughter when she gets big enough!
on January 17, 2005
I bought this carseat to fit in the back of my 2001 Sentra (which isn't too roomy in the back). It fits wonderfully. I felt that this was a pretty good car seat. However it has its pro's and con's.

Pro's: inexpensive, a lot of little extra's including the goodie bag, cup holder, head pillow, and extra lumber padding on top of an already very padded seat, also very nice looking for the price.

Con's: Getting the shoulder straps to adjust was EXTREMELY trying...they definately make it seem much easier than it is. Also, the armrests seem pretty cheap considering they "pop" into place and are not attached to the seat.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase and my daughter loves it!