1,134 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, has everything you need!
It's a great car seat! We were on a budget so price was the primary reason for choosing this car seat, but it turned out great! The seat fabric might not be as nice and cushy as more expensive ones, but my 6-month-old is perfectly comfortable and well protected in this seat. No unnecessary bells and whistles to make it bulky or heavy!

Pros:
- Light-weight...
Published on June 7, 2012 by firstbaby

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but my child did not.
This seat has a maximum weight of 40 lbs, and my daughter is 27 lbs.

Originally, I posted a very positive review of this seat. However, after under a year, I have to downgrade it. My new recommendations: true fit premiere for a child 8-65 lbs, and britax frontier for child 60-100+ lbs. yes, these two seats are hideously expensive. However, I know my child...
Published 23 months ago by L. Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, has everything you need!, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn (Baby Product)

Pros:
- Light-weight and narrow. I'm petite and not very strong at all, but it was very easy for me to get it in and out of my car or carry it up and down the stairs. It's pretty narrow so I bet you can fit 3 of them in the back of a Sedan!
- Easy to recline. There's a piece underneath the seat and all you have to do is to just flip it forward for rear-facing, and flip it backwards for forward-facing. You can not recline the seat when the car seat is already installed in the car, but most likely you will be using it for one kid and won't have to adjust the recline all the time so it's not a problem.
- Easy to adjust the shoulder strap height and crotch buckle position. You do need to rethread them, but it's super easy to do.
- Front adjuster for shoulder strap length. You just push the button in the front of the seat and pull the shoulder straps to loosen them, put the baby in the seat and do the buckle, and then pull the strap on the adjuster to make it nice and tight.
- Comes with a latch system and a tether. We don't use this but it's a nice option to have. And there are little loops on the back of the seat to hang the latches and tether when not in use, so that they won't strangle the baby or hit them.
- Comes with a little head support for the small one.
- The head support and the low-back/bottom part of the seat cover are made of vinyl type fabric, so it's easy to wipe clean.
- The whole seat cover comes off easily and machine washable.

Cons:
- The cupholder that comes with it is pretty flimsy and doesn't attach very securely to the seat. And the instruction manual said not to use it for plastic cups but only for paper or foam cups. Since the rider will only be using a plastic sippy cup, I don't think this cupholder is very practical.

That's the only con I've found so far!

Couple of things:
- When you install it rear-facing with a seat belt, you have to remove the front part of the seat cover to reveal the slots where the seat belt goes through. The front part is attached with a little plastic piece on both sides, so you do need to use a little bit of force to remove it at first. This was a little tricky for me at first so I thought I'd mention it.

- It does rear-facing from 5-35lbs, and forward-facing from 20lbs (and at least 1-year) to 40lb. I use it for my 6-month-old rear-facing and it works great. The other day, I used it for my 2 1/2 nephew, and the seat seemed to sink to a deeper recline position because of his weight (29lbs), which was not very comfortable for him. So I think to use it for a bigger kid rear-facing, you should probably make the seat non-reclined.

- There's an arrow on the side of the seat that's supposed to be level with the ground. My car's back seat is at an angle so I had to put a rolled up blanket underneath the seat to make it level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget option, March 23, 2013
M. Merawi (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Pros:
-lightweight and compact size; even rear-facing it would probably fit almost any car
-inexpensive
-can rear face up to 40 lbs--to my knowledge that's the highest any American RF seat has
-my son seems to like it and it looks reasonably comfy (I have not tried it myself, I think I'm probably over the weight limit)

Cons:
-black fabric will get very hot in summer--but of course, no one made us buy the black one
-I found it a huge pain to install in our Honda Civic; admittedly I had only installed our Chicco infant seat before and that is reportedly the easiest seat to install ever. This one took about 5 times longer to install than the Chicco.
-speaking of installation, the "recline stand" is supposed to position the seat at the correct angle for rear facing and, at least in our car, it doesn't even do the job halfway. We needed a lot more extra padding (rolled towel as suggested in the manual) to get the angle right.
-the manual is in the oddest place ever (to me)--sort of shoved into the back of the headrest on the side. I really thought they didn't send me one, took some serious searching to find it!

Overall I think this seat is nice looking, safe, and very adequate for those seeking a low cost convertible seat. It's nothing fancy, for sure, but it does the job fine and allows for longer rear-facing than some other seats, which is essential--they are now supposed to RF til at least their 2nd birthday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Airplane Use, August 14, 2012
I bought this as a secondary car seat to use while traveling, specifically on an airplane, because my daughter's primary seat has non-removable armrests that make it too wide to fit on one. It worked great on the plane, and in the rental car when we got to our destination. It is light enough to hang off the back of the stroller while racing through the airport (as long as you leave the baby in the stroller) and a great, compact size, even rear-facing (which is how I used it) for small cars. My daughter is also very comfortable in it, and we now use it as a secondary seat in my husband's pickup, and it is easy to put in/take out, which we have to do every time we use it in his truck because it is a work vehicle. Adjustment of the strap height was very easy, and only took a few minutes. However, the button/strap used to adjust the tightness of the straps is a bit hard to use in the rear-facing position. You have to be careful not to pin the strap between the car seat and the vehicle seat when you're installing it. The button you push to loosen the straps is hard to reach, however, no matter what you do. I imagine this is not a problem forward-facing. Also, once you get the button pushed, the straps adjust easily. We have had some issues with the straps twisting and it is a pain in the butt to have to fix them 50% of the time I put my daughter in the seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY PEASY, June 5, 2012
I dont personally have kids, but in order to steal my nephew for an afternoon I needed to get a nice car seat that my sister (first time mom) would approve of. She personally paid over $300 for her car seat and she told me there was lots of swearing and sweat as her husband attempted to install their expensive top of the line car seat. I paid pennies for this car seat and it was super easy to install, had good reviews already and was super easy to take in and out of the car. My nephew is comfortable and its really easy to pull him out of the car and put him in. I also must say that this seat is compact. My sisters expensive car seat makes it impossible to sit other people in the back seat cause its sooo overly bulky. But this car seat is slimmer without loosing out on any protection or padding. I can fit 2 people NO problem in the back of the car. I highly recommend this car seat to any new parent or an aunty looking to have a spare car seat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value priced car seat choice., July 12, 2012
This is exactly what I was hoping it would be, a decent basic car seat that could stay in our 3rd vehicle, that is easy to use and adjust for our front facing toddler.

Why I like it:

Price

Easy to use strap tension adjustment

Does what I need it to do without paying for a bunch of extra bells and whistles that I did not need

What it lacks, or why I did not rate it 5 stars:

The box states Made In The USA, but closer inspection of 2 labels on the opposite side of the box show the seat and cover are both made in China. This deceptive labeling really ticks me off, and I would not have bought the seat had I seen this in person before purchase just for that very reason, despite the fact that every car seat I can find is also made in China, the deception is infuriating.

It is rated as a rear facing seat for 5-40 lbs, but does not come with any additional padding for an infant on the low end of that range. A small baby would be swimming in this seat and not secure in my opinion. My other convertible seats came with additional layers that were added or removed from the seating area to accommodate these size variances. Since my son is already a toddler and pretty big for his age, this was not a problem for me when purchasing this seat, but I can certainly see it being an issue for someone intending to use it for a smaller rear facing infant, and believe it should be noted.

The cup holder is barely adequate. Again not a deal breaker for me, but worth mentioning if this is a feature that is important to you.

Also worth mentioning is that this seat cannot be used as a booster with a vehicle seat belt. While this is not really a con so much as it is just the style of design, it is worth considering that there are many forward facing seats that do include this option, and will extend the useful life of your car seat. For me, I already have several booster seats from my older son, so this also was not a big concern for me. I would say the ideal age range for this seat would be about 1-3 or 4 years old (depending on the size of the child).

If the spartan features of this seat appeal to you, I recommend it, it is a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars For grandchildren, April 22, 2013
We wanted a reasonably priced car seat for when we have our grandsons. This seems to fit the bill. Kinda tricky for grandpa to figure out installation- but got er done:-) Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, December 7, 2012
Went through a few cars seats and my daughter hated all of them. This car seat is adjustable easily installs and helps my daughter sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the seat you want your toddler in on the airplane!, December 10, 2013
PERFECT for the airplane!! I made a last minute decision to find a car seat for the airplane and this thing saved my life! I traveled with my 24 month old solo for the first time and was very nervous. This car seat is super light- no need to get a wheel attachment or straps to make it a back pack. You can just clip the harness together, loosen it and hang it over your stroller handle. The width fits the seats like a glove. My two year old slept for the first hour and then sat comfortably without complaints for 3 more hours- incredible.

Keep in mind you get what your pay for. I have a $300 car seat in my car and this seat is obviously $45. I wouldn't feel safe using it as an everyday car seat, but it is perfect for air travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Travel, December 24, 2012
Marilee's Mom (Los Angeles, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
We bought this for our second car and with travel in mind. This carseat is very lightweight,it installs easily and seems very safe. I was able to install it in minutes at the airport parking lot and you could kick this seat and it won't budge an inch. Our everyday carseat has a lot more padding and a cupholder. It is probably more comfortable for long car trips. However,it weighs a ton. For our Christmas trip where we were in out of taxis, and several other cars for short trips, it was *perfect*!

Updated: We just discovered that this seat fits perfectly in our Aprica (deluxe umbrella stroller) seat! We used the rear tether clips to secure it to the stroller handles and we cruised the airport with my two year old strapped into the car seat. So great to wheel around the airport with one less thing to carry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for air travel, July 14, 2013
We bought this to take on air trips and overseas. We wanted something that would be light enough to carry through airports, fit in the airplane seats, and would be easily installable when we got to our destination. This fit the bill. Several carseats say they are FAA certified, however we were also able to find some testimonies of people who had used the Evenflo Tribute on planes themselves. As for our experience getting it on the plane, I thought there would be more of a problem. On each flight at least one flight attendant would come over to inquire if the seat was allowed, and I just said yes. Then they left us alone. Seems to be a huge lack of knowledge about car seats among the flight community. But it worked in our favor.

The one thing I will say about this seat is that the straps have a tendency to become twisted. Just stay vigilant every time you strap your little one in, and you can prevent any serious tangles.

Overall we flew with this seat four times (2 round trip long haul flights) and it was great to have our 18 month old in it, as she was able to sleep soundly without me having to hold her. As for installing it in the plane seat, rear facing with the angle might prevent the person in front of the child from reclining. This was only a problem on one flight and we turned her forward facing with the recline (not proper installation, but allowed her to sleep).

Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn
$199.99 $59.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.