5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, has everything you need!
It's a great car seat! We were on a budget so price was the primary reason for choosing this car seat, but it turned out great! The seat fabric might not be as nice and cushy as more expensive ones, but my 6-month-old is perfectly comfortable and well protected in this seat. No unnecessary bells and whistles to make it bulky or heavy!

Pros:
- Light-weight...
Published on June 7, 2012 by firstbaby

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price
Published 7 months ago by Ashley Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, has everything you need!, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn (Baby Product)

Pros:
- Light-weight and narrow. I'm petite and not very strong at all, but it was very easy for me to get it in and out of my car or carry it up and down the stairs. It's pretty narrow so I bet you can fit 3 of them in the back of a Sedan!
- Easy to recline. There's a piece underneath the seat and all you have to do is to just flip it forward for rear-facing, and flip it backwards for forward-facing. You can not recline the seat when the car seat is already installed in the car, but most likely you will be using it for one kid and won't have to adjust the recline all the time so it's not a problem.
- Easy to adjust the shoulder strap height and crotch buckle position. You do need to rethread them, but it's super easy to do.
- Front adjuster for shoulder strap length. You just push the button in the front of the seat and pull the shoulder straps to loosen them, put the baby in the seat and do the buckle, and then pull the strap on the adjuster to make it nice and tight.
- Comes with a latch system and a tether. We don't use this but it's a nice option to have. And there are little loops on the back of the seat to hang the latches and tether when not in use, so that they won't strangle the baby or hit them.
- Comes with a little head support for the small one.
- The head support and the low-back/bottom part of the seat cover are made of vinyl type fabric, so it's easy to wipe clean.
- The whole seat cover comes off easily and machine washable.

Cons:
- The cupholder that comes with it is pretty flimsy and doesn't attach very securely to the seat. And the instruction manual said not to use it for plastic cups but only for paper or foam cups. Since the rider will only be using a plastic sippy cup, I don't think this cupholder is very practical.

That's the only con I've found so far!

Couple of things:
- When you install it rear-facing with a seat belt, you have to remove the front part of the seat cover to reveal the slots where the seat belt goes through. The front part is attached with a little plastic piece on both sides, so you do need to use a little bit of force to remove it at first. This was a little tricky for me at first so I thought I'd mention it.

- It does rear-facing from 5-35lbs, and forward-facing from 20lbs (and at least 1-year) to 40lb. I use it for my 6-month-old rear-facing and it works great. The other day, I used it for my 2 1/2 nephew, and the seat seemed to sink to a deeper recline position because of his weight (29lbs), which was not very comfortable for him. So I think to use it for a bigger kid rear-facing, you should probably make the seat non-reclined.

- There's an arrow on the side of the seat that's supposed to be level with the ground. My car's back seat is at an angle so I had to put a rolled up blanket underneath the seat to make it level.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY PEASY, June 5, 2012
I dont personally have kids, but in order to steal my nephew for an afternoon I needed to get a nice car seat that my sister (first time mom) would approve of. She personally paid over $300 for her car seat and she told me there was lots of swearing and sweat as her husband attempted to install their expensive top of the line car seat. I paid pennies for this car seat and it was super easy to install, had good reviews already and was super easy to take in and out of the car. My nephew is comfortable and its really easy to pull him out of the car and put him in. I also must say that this seat is compact. My sisters expensive car seat makes it impossible to sit other people in the back seat cause its sooo overly bulky. But this car seat is slimmer without loosing out on any protection or padding. I can fit 2 people NO problem in the back of the car. I highly recommend this car seat to any new parent or an aunty looking to have a spare car seat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value priced car seat choice., July 12, 2012
This is exactly what I was hoping it would be, a decent basic car seat that could stay in our 3rd vehicle, that is easy to use and adjust for our front facing toddler.

Why I like it:

Price

Easy to use strap tension adjustment

Does what I need it to do without paying for a bunch of extra bells and whistles that I did not need

What it lacks, or why I did not rate it 5 stars:

The box states Made In The USA, but closer inspection of 2 labels on the opposite side of the box show the seat and cover are both made in China. This deceptive labeling really ticks me off, and I would not have bought the seat had I seen this in person before purchase just for that very reason, despite the fact that every car seat I can find is also made in China, the deception is infuriating.

It is rated as a rear facing seat for 5-40 lbs, but does not come with any additional padding for an infant on the low end of that range. A small baby would be swimming in this seat and not secure in my opinion. My other convertible seats came with additional layers that were added or removed from the seating area to accommodate these size variances. Since my son is already a toddler and pretty big for his age, this was not a problem for me when purchasing this seat, but I can certainly see it being an issue for someone intending to use it for a smaller rear facing infant, and believe it should be noted.

The cup holder is barely adequate. Again not a deal breaker for me, but worth mentioning if this is a feature that is important to you.

Also worth mentioning is that this seat cannot be used as a booster with a vehicle seat belt. While this is not really a con so much as it is just the style of design, it is worth considering that there are many forward facing seats that do include this option, and will extend the useful life of your car seat. For me, I already have several booster seats from my older son, so this also was not a big concern for me. I would say the ideal age range for this seat would be about 1-3 or 4 years old (depending on the size of the child).

If the spartan features of this seat appeal to you, I recommend it, it is a good choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for price, December 1, 2013
Ashley Cross (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this seat for a bunch of air travel we did this past summer. It's a really light seat and pretty compact for a convertible. It also feels sturdy and safe, and was surprisingly easy to wipe clean when our son got car sick in it at one of our destinations. However, after about 20-30 minutes of riding in it, my son started complaining that his bottom hurt. He only napped for about 45 minutes at the most in it, compared to 1.5-2 hours in his usual seat (a Britax), and it was really difficult to adjust the straps so they weren't digging into his neck. I still think it was a good choice for a travel seat, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a daily one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 8, 2013
We ordered two of them for our twins and they seem to find the seats very comfortable. They fall asleep during the car rides home and to Grandmas.

3.0 out of 5 stars serves its purpose, November 30, 2012
I purchased this seat for my 12 month old daughter. I use in in my FORD F250 truck placed in the middle rear facing. It doesn't recline far enough so I needed to put a rolled towel under it in order for the chair to be in a position that my daughter was comfortable in. According to the safety gauge, using the towel, still kept the chair "within safe limit". Also, the padding of the chair is thin so the seat feels hard. I wouldn't recommend if using for long drives. I think my daughter gets fussy because she's uncomfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for $, June 1, 2012
Great convertible car seat-

Sturdy, lightweight, economical.
Great for multiple Infant/toddler seating.
Also good to keep as a spare if you transport
infants/toddlers.

I purchased this product to use with our Granddaughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, June 5, 2012
Great car seat! my granddaughter seems very comfortable in it. it was easy to install and it is easy to put her in and out. I am very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Cosco Scenera, August 28, 2013
If you're looking for an inexpensive car seat for Grandma's car or travel, spend the extra <$20 bucks and get this instead of the Cosco. It feels less flimsy, and the buckles are much easier to use. Additionally, I always have trouble tightening the straps on the Scenera, but not with this carseat. If you need to go absolute cheapest, the Scenera is fine, but I think this is much better and not that much more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to., October 24, 2012
CocoThe Slug (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
Evenflo is a trustworthy car seat manufacturer. Their car seats have consistently made the 'best-of' list in consumer reports. This seat doesn't have all the fancy padding and super-easy-to-adjust- straps like the more expensive seats, but it's a safe choice and an excellent value. Be aware that the weight limit is 45 lbs on this car seat, while a lot of other convertible car seats are good until 65 lbs.

Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn