Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 5, 2002
Having planned many events in the past six years, I already had a great "base" of experience. I was looking for a great guide to cover all the bases. This is it! Each chapter details all aspects of event planning and prompts you to think about how you can apply the suggestions to your own events. I was inspired to think outside the box to make events more unique and memorable. Additionally, budgeting and proposal crafting were discussed to aid the event planner in making a succinct and accurate budget/proposal for a client. This book is a "must-have" for any serious event planner.
on August 10, 2001
I thought this book was much to focused on "major" events. After the first couple of chapters I really felt that the book was focused on setting up elaborate events for VIP's. If you have a very high budget and need to entertain celebrities, then this book will be helpful.
on January 31, 2010
The MBA Book Of Event Planning

This book gets 5-stars. It is the best book about event planning in the market place today. We have been in the event planning business for 15-years and the author shows us some tricks and tips that we never dreamed of before. Not an inexpensive book, but worth every dime that you will pay for it. If I owned the rights to this excellent book, I would increase the size of the book to catalog size and spiral bind it so that is could lay flat when opened. I would also create a wide margin on one side of the page for user notes.

But all in all, a great guide to putting on an event.
Details, details, details. That's really what successful event planning is all about, and that's the key to this very successful event-planning manual. Author Judy Allen notes, lists, copes with and gives an example of virtually every detail in planning anything from a sedate corporate event in a major city to a huge celebration on a remote island. She provides examples galore plus tips, questions and answers, sample cost sheets and schedules. How much floor space does a person need to be comfortable in a tent? Answer: 20 square feet. How many bathrooms should be available for a party? Answer: One per 75 guests. And don't forget to ask about the stemware, adequate parking and even the photographer's back-up camera battery. This author seems to have thought every contingency, as the book's ambitious title promises. Her one glaring omission is that she does not include the party planner's fee - our guess is that she'd be worth it. We highly recommend this well-organized, very practical book to all event planners. Don't send out press releases for your party without consulting Judy Allen.
on December 22, 2000
Even a seasoned event planner will enjoy the insights that Judy helps to reveal in her book. It is well layed out, even to the point of leading off with location first, which every event planner knows is the number one step in planning. The steps and points of looking for a location,includes detailed information on what to consider when looking. I particulary like the fact Judy includes using her website, which offers additional advice and insight based on her own experinces. I was hoping to read more regarding contracts but overall the book is A+.
on November 25, 2000
Judy turns what could have been a rather dry subject into one that is filled with lively stories and money and time saving tips! It's easy to read and for a beginner (which I am) she brought up numerous "thought provoking" questions, I'd never even thought of! Even seasoned event planners will gain a lot from this book-reminding all of the basic principles of "an ounce of prevention". This book is well laid out and flows easily-following a time-line that one must follow to pull off a successful event. I especially enjoyed the stories and tips.
All in all, I'd give this book a true "thumbs up". I will recommend it to anyone I know who is looking to engage in an event which will be long remembered.
on November 6, 2000
I bought this book hoping that it will provide me with a comprehensive guide to event planning, i.e. since it is the "ultimate guide". The author focuses too much on providing quality customer service. I agree that the author gave some really good insights but ultimately success also means that you are running a profitable business. The financial portion of this business is not covered in details as well as the numerous business correspondences (e.g. sample letters) and agreements that would have made this book the "ultimate guide".
on December 23, 2004
Judy Allen's guide is very thorough. Each chapter outlines the details of an event. This is an ultilmate guide to plan events. Very much for the advance event planner. Is not a 5 star because it is geared towards someone with more experience than a beginner.
on August 4, 2009
I am still reading this book to help me improve my event planning skills, but so far I find her information detailed and to the point. I also like that she talks alittle bit about all different types of events and the issues/problems with each one.
on October 17, 2004
I think Judy Allen did a wonderful service to us all when she put together this book. It is ideal to keep to hand as a reference book. The templates are ideal and easy to adapt and it saves you endless time working out what you need where.

Used as a reference book it is a 'must have' for anyone involved with event planning of any size or occasion.