Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ever After High First Chapter Madeline Hatter Doll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2013
I wasn't a huge fan of the line when the rumors of the line surfaced. They seemed to be a copy of the Monster High. The cartoons looked the same and I was expecting a less fabulous version of the Monster High dolls. I love Monster High so I wasn't planning on buying one of the Ever After (EA), but I was at Justice and I did buy this little sweetie. Regularly $36, with 40% coupon she was only $23 (including tax).
She is very different from MH. After doing some reading it is apparent to me that this line is unique. They aren't monsters and want to follow their own dreams not what everyone else wanted. MH is about embracing who you are and this line seems to spread a follow your dreams not the dreams of others. Both have great messages. I think I like this line's message better because I can relate to it a little more. The MH's icon was a skull with a bow. The EA's is a girl's face. It's pretty but it's really reminiscent of MH's because it's a girl's face. Cute but I would have liked the symbol to be the lock and key since it seems iconic in the line.
The book is a book mark that folds out. The story is far longer then the MH's and it more detailed. It leaves a cliff hanger. But I won't go into detail. It is a diary but doesn't go by dates, rather chapters. Which I find cute.
Now onto the doll itself. Madeline's round face is the same as the other dolls in the line. She looks very youthful. Her hair is in pretty blue/green curls with purple streaks. It was a little messy but I played with it a little to get it look not so tangled. Her joints only come apart at the wrist, not the elbow like the MH dolls. Her shoes are so cute and the tights are pretty. The dress may seem "all over the place" but it looks absolutely fabulous. The teapot purse is cute too and it opens up (lid comes off). The brush is a key which I think is cute. The stand of my doll seems durable but it is the same cheap plastic one from the MH's except with Ever After High written on the bottom.
Overall, a great doll. Similar to the MH but also very unique.
on July 29, 2013
I just got Maddie today. I thought I would wait for her to be sold with her Dorm Mouse but I decided against it. Again I got her at Justice cheaper than on here, only $23.11. I love her. Her Purse opens which is cute and her shoes come off a lot easier than the others, and she's a bit shorter than the others like on the show. Her Purple items are adorable like her and I love how mint green her hair is. The dress is only a teeny tiny bit off from the show but other wise she's amazing. Her ring comes off like Apple's but its smaller so be careful not to loose it.

- Robert's Daughter
on July 8, 2013
Of all the four in the series, I found Madeline to be very cute. She is just dazzling in her sparkling beautiful blue dress. The ever after high is new line of monster high dolls. All dolls are pretty, good looking and show positivity.
on December 12, 2013
Madeline Hatter, Ever After Rebel, is the Daughter of the Mad Hatter. Maddie is always happy, the "merry trickster" of Ever After High - and is just a touch eccentric. Compared to the other girls of Ever After High, this doll is a bit smaller in size. When I first saw Maddie, I was amazed in the amount of crazy detail this doll and her costuming have.

Maddie's colors are blue, purple and gold. Maddie has bright blue eyes and purple lips. Her hair is evenly streaked with bright blue and shiny purple and is styled in large curls. Atop her head sits a purple and gold teacup on a blue headband. Her earrings are gold teaspoons, and her handbag is a gold and blue striped teapot. Maddie is always ready for a tea party, and her "secret heart's desire" is to own the "most famous Hat & Tea Shoppe in the land".

Maddie is wearing a complicate dress made up of several elements. The bodice of the dress is pale metallic gold with purple cap sleeves. Around her waist is a blue satin bow. The skirt of her dress is made of three tiers - the bottom is made of black netting and gold glitter, the center is printed with white and blue vertical stripes, and the top overskirt is royal purple printed with metallic gold. On her legs Maddie is wearing the tiniest, most adorable pair of tights I have ever seen on a doll - they are white tights with blue polka-dots. On her hands she has painted on gloves of the opposite color scheme, blue with white polka-dots. On her wrists are removable lace cuffs/bracelets. She also wears a purple ring, blue necklace and some wacky shoes straight out of wonderland. The heels of the shoes are white teacups that have gold handles which morph into looping gold heels.

Maddie comes with a purple key-shaped hairbrush, a doll stand and a "bookmark" that folds out to tell her story. All the Ever After High dolls (including Madeline) have oversized rounded heads and are fully jointed for posing and display. Maddie is adorable and a true Rebel. I am so glad that this doll exists!
on November 21, 2013
the most adorable doll we have ever had!! she is too cute!!! your little girl eyes will light up the moment madeline comes into your life!
on December 28, 2013
I'm an adult male collector of toys, and I've enjoyed a little bit of everything: from Winnie the Pooh plushies, to Beanie Babies, to Nightmare Before Christmas collectables, to Star Wars action figures. I'm not usually into dolls, because I usually am not interested in what the market offers in that area (though I do like the vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls, because they are cute and I love scented products). However, when I saw Madeline Hatter, it was love at first sight for an Alice fan like me. After discovering that she's in a companion series for Monster High, I was even more intrigued, as I adore Gothic fashion.

After finally getting her, I can say that "Maddie" Hatter is the first of what will probably be as many Ever After High and Monster High dolls I can afford to collect. The quality of the doll is great and she's good for playing with or as an adult collector's item. She is fully articulated and very flexible, making her easy to position on a stand or play pretend with.

Her clothing is very nicely detailed, with a nice Wonderland-esque dress and white, spotted tights. I love her shoes, because they're very pretty but whimsical too. She wears a blue necklace that's shaped like a spoon on the bottom, with a plastic golden bow molded into it. Her top hat is shaped like a teapot, and is actually held in place with a headband. Her earrings are probably my personal favorite aspect of her clothing, as they are long earrings that are meant to mimic a teardrop jewel, but are actually tea spoons. A very clever fashion choice!

Her hair is very soft, and fits her style perfectly. I love that her hair is curly and multi-colored (blue with purple streaks). It's very fun to brush, and adds to her beautiful and whimsical appearance. She comes with her own hair brush that's shaped like a giant key. I also like the teapot she comes with, as it can be thought of as a purse or a "real" way to serve imaginary tea (the lid does come off, too). Her stand is perfect for display, and I plan to have her on my bookshelf to give it a little bit more "life".

She also comes with a story, and a few details about her life at school and what she enjoys are printed on the package. I love that she's actually given a personality, so instead of simply being a "plain" character with nothing more than a name, the creators gave her a personality too.

Madeline Hatter was a great addition to my toy collection. I'm sure she'll have lots of fun with all of my other toys, and I look forward to the day when she can have a friend her size. I'm hoping to see them release an Alice doll too. Splendid!
on January 5, 2014
My daughter and I just fell in love with this line and this doll in particular! We just devoured the book and webisodes this past weekend and my daughter decided that she wanted Maddie as her first doll. I really love the detailed dress and accessories. I appreciate that the lid of the teapot purse comes off and that her darling shoes stay on. I also love that she comes with a stand. My friend owns a handful of EAH dolls and never realized they came with stands!! They are in the interior of the box...not visible with the dolls, so take care to locate it!! There is a keyhole in the back of the box and the stand is taped so that it is visible through the keyhole. I was happy to get this doll for fifteen dollars at Target when they price-matched their online price. Very worth that price... tempting to buy another!! I would suggest leaving the clear bands that hold the necklace and headband in place. We removed the necklace one and now the necklace falls off very easily. It now is just for wearing when she is on display, not while in play. We didn't remove the one for her headband, so I can't say if keeping it is a better idea or not. Awesome to note that Maddie is shorter than the other female dolls as she is in the webisodes. Nice touch. My daughter spent the evening creating a short stop motion of Maddie with her 3ds...so she loves how posable she is!
on January 8, 2016
Not as pictured - some accessories are not painted at all, missing dots on gloves, earrings, ring, hair are straight. But dress is perfect, as pictured...Very plain because of the unfinished parts....
review image
on February 8, 2014
This doll is beautiful. I love that they aren't dressed skimpy and ugly. The colors on the clothes and hair are just as vibrant as the picture. The joints aren't super lose or tight and it's really a well made pretty doll. I would recommend the entire ever after high line.
on April 7, 2014
My daughter is a fan of the Ever After High book and she was so excited to receive this doll. The doll is really cute but the only thing that bothers me is her hair -- it became frizzy very quickly with regular play.