5.0 out of 5 stars A great product for little price!
Ok....all the negative reviews, I am unsure as to where your review is coming from as I have proven these work on multiple units with multiple different Defender Turbo's.

Published on December 6, 2010 by John D. Feyrer

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless
My PS3 was overheating. Purchased this overprices fan to help. It actually impeded air flow and created more heat. Absolutely worthless.
Published on October 9, 2012 by Hozer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product for little price!, December 6, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Evercool Defender Turbo Cooling Fan - Playstation 3 (Not compatible with PS3 Slim) (Video Game)

I run a Playstation 3 Repair cervice and honestly recommened these to every customer I have. While I am unallowed to present actual numbers, I can safely say that this fan DOES remove a large majority of the heat build-up inside the playstation 3 console.

This unit works exactly as it is described and indeed does suck out large amount of heats causing a noticeable difference in temperature.

If you want to add life to the span of your PS3, buy one of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this if you have an older (FAT) unit. NOT for slim., July 23, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have had this device for a week now, and it works fine. Yes, it's noisy, but all fans are noisy, and when you're playing games, who notices? My PS3 recently Yellowed Light-of-Death'd on me, and I had it repaired. I bought this mainly because my PS3 over-heated, and the GPU became loose from the motherboard due to heat (At least that's what the repair tech said). Got the other cooling fan unit that fits in the front, but I think this one works better. So now I'm back to my long gaming sessions w/ Killzone 3...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Fan for 60 & 40 GB PS3 for $$$, November 20, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have had 1 of these for about 3 or 4 years and it has lasted even though I just found it clogged with dust, which proves that it works to keep air moving through the PS3.
As the Story goes; I have switched this Fan back and forth between my 2 PS3's and recently left it on my 60GB model which was moved to my main TV, under my Sony LCD with an open air stand. This left my 40GB model in a TV console with a cubby for a VCR or gaming System. Unfortunately, No Heat can dissipate from that small space without a Fan. Ultimately the 40 GB gave up the ghost (we thought), until my Son came across a guy on YouTube.com showing step by step, how to repair a dead PS3 with nothing more then a 500 Deg F Heat Gun & some Thermal compound. Well, we followed the Directions tonight & wouldn't you know that it actually works like a charm (I thought it was a scam Video). While fixing it in under 2 hours, we found heavy amounts of dust inside the PS3 and all over the circuitry, Fan & other Parts. The Fan I am reviewing about was on my 60GB PS3 & I told my Son to get it so we could use it on the 40GB PS3 now that it is repaired and found that it had worked so good that it was clogged completely inside (just proves it was moving air out of the PS3). Now this fan is going on my revived 40Gb PS3 and I will purchase another for my 60GB PS3.
I have learned to keep the Electronic equipment clean & the Heat down. Also, I found that the PS3 is far superior to the XBOX, in that this can be repaired at home and comes with the Blue-Ray Player that I Love. I know too many friends with XBOX's that have experienced the Red ring of Death and they don't even get a decent DVD Player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evercool Defender Turbo - Working GREAT!, January 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This isn't a game. It's a cooling fan. It's amazing and the only one that I found to work properly for the old school PS3 system. It was delivered quickly and I have been using it for months now. I was off of work with an injury and literally had my ps3 on for 14 hours a day. I hardly ever heard the playstation's fan come on to cool itself. This has definately been a worth while purchace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best one I've tried yet., November 10, 2011
DanMan (Kenosha, WI) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have had my 60GB PS3 since it was released. I upgraded the HDD. I credit aftermarket coolers to my PS3's longevity. I have owned about half a dozen coolers and I must say, this one is the best ove I've come across yet. I've ran about 50 hours on it since I installed it and not a single buzzing noise like every other one I've tried. I would recommend this cooler if you have an original "fat" PS3.

The only thing I don't really like about it:

The fan doesn't move as much air as others that I've tried. The CFM could be a little higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely cools my ps3 (fat), May 21, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this thing works. cools my ps3 and i can actually feel the hot air going out of the system thru this device. before i attached this simple yet effective cooler, my ps3 would get louder and louder as it got hot where the fans inside had to compensate for the heat. after attaching this unit, my ps3 doesn't make anymore of the loud noises due to the system being cooled with hot air being constantly expelled. it's actually easy to attach/detach this cooler, just need to hold down on the lever. the cooler uses power from the ps3's usb port. you still need to place your ps3 in a well ventilated area otherwise this cooler won't be effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, good fit and works on Slim AND Fat PS3, December 5, 2011
Hey all,

I looked long and hard and bought a few to end up returning them.

The Defender has the following advantaged:
1. It does work - no more heat crashes!
2. Fits well
3. Automatically goes on and off with PS3

Disadvantages:
1. Fits sooo well it was not easy to get on my fat PS3

Compared to the other offerings I can confirm this works very very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooling Fan, November 28, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Fan works great. You can certainly tell the difference with the machines temperature. Those who say it's a loud device are really picky. It is louder than the PS3 itself but not by a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars hello, January 9, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this is a nice cooling fan especially if you have you game system in a cbinet type setup. moves the air out of the system with ease keeping a little cooler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, January 11, 2013
Bought this product to replace an old Nyko cooling fan system that finally wore out the bearings and creating awful noise levels (not to mention no longer actually cooled).

Simply put, this product works, and is silent. BUT, there are a few things that need to be mentioned:

1. Do be aware that the emblem is just a thick sticker that can fall off.

2. The assembly is powered by a retractable USB cable that will invariably go around the PS3 (around the top/front when horizontal or behind/front when vertical), and depending on how you set the PS3, will be somewhat unsightly.

3. The silver retention hook button that has to be depressed in order to clip the cooler to the PS3 is made of a very cheap plastic and uses an equally cheap spring; both of them the type you'd see in $1 plastic toys, that that squeaks when attaching or detaching the cooler.

Again, it DOES work, even with the PS3 sharing space with an older and hot-running Plasma flatscreen. And rarely will I hear the PS3's own cooling fan rev up to "IT'S TOO HOT HERE!" level (and only because I ended up turning on the heater, and only because one of the vents is unfortunately placed directly above the theater system). Just play nice with the cooling fan when cleaning the PS3; while the assembly itself looks capable to withstand a few shocks, the aforementioned silver plastic retainer and spring assembly does not.