4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap lantern with good light!
Published on September 23, 2011 by Roberto K. Cho

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre light/expensive battery
It works, but not outstandingly, and is very cheaply made - not surprising since it is inexpensive, except for replacement 6V batteries. My 2-D cell flashlight is much brighter but does not have the useful large "halo" effect of this light. It has a long run time and is easy to find in an emergency. The incandescent versions I have used for years were very reliable; I...
Published 16 months ago by rejiii

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap lantern with good light!, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Eveready Battery 5109LS LED Floating Lantern, 1 "6V" Incl. (Sports)
I bought this actually from Home Depot. It was cheap and I needed a new flashlight. Nowhere on the packaging did I see how many lumens it has but according to the Walmart website, it is 25 lumens. I have not tested the floating capability but am not sure how it would float because 1) it is a heavy flashlight and 2) it does not look waterproof and there are no rubber o-rings on the screw on head. It is pretty bright though and has a pretty focused beam. Other led flashlights I saw at home depot that had a much higher lumen rating had prices that was at least 5 times what I paid for this one. So for the small amount I paid it is well worth it.

UPDATE 4/28/12:
Everything on this very inexpensive flashlight is still perfect. I have not changed the batteries but have checked it from time to time and I'm glad to report that there are no leaks in the battery! The beam is just as bright as when we first got it as well. I think this is a great emergency light to have in case of a power failure!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it a lot, November 30, 2012
Get's the job done, without a lot of fuss and expense. You could buy better, but if LIGHT is all you're seeking...
These units are winners!
PS: Don't count on the waterproof tho. Haven't submerged it, but I doubt it. Still a great lamp for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me during Sandy, November 6, 2012
I have three of these they really work great and last long. They Saved me during Sandy . Might lights went out for a while I had these in my closet and they worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cheap Light, July 12, 2012
Been looking for a LED flash light for a while that was not so expensive, usually at my local hardware store or electronics store they are around $20 for something like this. Some didn't even include the battery, which they didn't even sell?!

For the price and fact that it came with the battery, it made my day. The light is very bright and somewhat flower shaped when at 20 or so ft away from a wall. Its a little strange looking, like looking through a blurry telescope at a galaxy but its kinda cool.

I don't see how it can float (w/the battery inside) but im def not going to find out the hard way if it does or not. It would defiantly float without the battery but pretty much anything that weights less the a few ounces and is plastic will.

Good product, works as advertised. Would purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic light., November 3, 2012
I purchased one for security duty, i didn't need a mag light because i carry a baton and this light works beautifully. very bright and goes much further than expected not to mention that the battery lasts forever. i have used it for about 300 hours and its still as bright as when i first bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price range., September 11, 2012
Its brighter than my old Eveready with the incandescent bulb and weighs less. Slightly larger beam coverage. But the thinner plastic also makes it feel a little less solid and more fragile. This is fine for keeping in the house or garage as an emergency or household utility light. I would not keep it in the car where it might take some abuse and leave me lightless out in the middle of nowhere. Certainly not camping or at a cabin in the woods. Well, maybe a backup to a sturdier, waterproof light. Also with the gap in the button I would not even use this in a light rain.

But for its price and illumination and free 6 volt, this is a darn fine lantern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend for car and home, March 29, 2012
My husband purchased one of these to keep in one of our cars. We've found that the light is quite bright and clear, so we've come back and purchased two more (one for another car and one for home).

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed Battery, April 8, 2013
Needed battery for my flashlight and it was cheaper to order new one instead of trying to replace old battery. Needed a bulb also, so just ordered whole new unit.

JS

5.0 out of 5 stars These things last forever, September 26, 2012
We have several of these all around the house, in our camping gear, etc. We have beat the heck out of them, dropped them in the lake, and one of our dogs thinks they're a toy to play fetch with. They consistantly light up when needed despite the abuse, giving a nice wide, bright light. The battery lasts an impressively long time also. We've had one particular in our camping gear that we've used very frequently for over two years and it's still going strong.

They are superior as far as brightness also. Not too long ago we were camping and everyone heard something in the woods. Our friends got out their fancy schmancy flashlight that cost them about a hundred bucks, but our little under $10 Energizer outshone it by far. Definitely recommend for everyday use. Lives up to the Energizer Bunny "keeps on going" theme for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but is a bit flimsy, January 6, 2013
It's OK but is a bit flimsy. If you drop it I am not sure it will do well. I have an older version of similar product and it is of higher quality.

ARRAY(0x961921c8)