5.0 out of 5 stars for reluctant readers
I met Gordon Korman last fall. He explained how he researched the book and some stories behind the writing of this series. After hearing him talk about the series, I had to get it for our nephew for Christmas. It is a great series with a huge cliffhanger at the end of each book in the trilogy, very well written especially for reluctant readers.
Published 17 months ago by Tim Donnelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but not especially engaging for my 4th graders
Published 5 months ago by E. Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars for reluctant readers, February 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREATEST BOOK EVER!!!, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Everest Book One: The Contest (Paperback)
This was the best book series I have ever read!!!I read it in fourth grade with my class, and we were always wondering what was going to happen next!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book - Lots of Higfh Adventure, June 13, 2014
It was high adventure with lots of adolescent behavior mixed in. It certainly set up te next book in the series which I will read soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars good first book, June 4, 2014
Looking forward to reading the next one. What will Tilt Crowley get up to on Everest? Read on to find out

5.0 out of 5 stars what a story, May 7, 2014
i read all three books an found that the way rge book was written really helps you imagin what the characters were feeling and what if he didn't do that what would happen any ways buy the book and imagin it yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, May 4, 2014
It really gives a great laughter when I read this book with my dad I always look forward to reading the next chapter.Each chapter just wants me to keep reading and read the next chapter.My dad and I are reading the next book and it gets more exciting.This book makes me so nervous to always see what will happen in the chapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but not especially engaging for my 4th graders, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Everest Book One: The Contest (Paperback)
I bought several of these to use with a 4th grade guided reading group, hoping to move us into longer chapter books and study elements of fiction in greater detail. These books served as an adequate but unspectacular tool within these lessons - my students were very engaged in the concept of these books (climbing Everest) but the actual story itself never roped them in. We shifted the focus of our lessons about 2 weeks ago after we were 70 pages into the book, and I've yet to have one of my students ask me when we're going to finish the Everest story. I think a couple of my kids were happy to see it go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everest #1, February 14, 2014
Awesome book! So epic! Has lots of action! If you like climbing and adventure read this awesome book! So cool!!

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work, March 17, 2014
I recently bought this book to defend myself against hobos, I decided I would test it out by going to the ghetto and letting some people mug me, but I hit them in the head but it did not do anything but make him mad so they shot me, I am writing this in the hospital, piece of junk do not buy.

Everest Book One: The Contest
Everest Book One: The Contest by Gordon Korman (Paperback - March 1, 2012)
$5.99 $4.89