5.0 out of 5 stars Love

-Two compostition books
-A 24 oz stainless steel water bottle
-An 8-inch computer tablet
-Two 8.5" x 11" 500 page textbooks
-A Ziplock back with pencils, pens, ID, contact lens saline solution, and assorted USB cables and storage devices

I put all of this in there at one time...
Published 14 months ago by Titus from Texas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Everest Luggage Basic Backpack (Apparel)
I love this backpack! I was tired of spending two to three times the price on another brand so I thought I would try Everest. The quality isn't exactly equal, but it is nearly so. The backpack I have has a lightly padded back (so its not TOO stiff, which I love) and the "S" shaped shoulder straps that are long and super comfortable. There is also a loop on the front of mine that was meant for keys, but I plan to use mine for a handbag charm. :)

Sizewise its comparable to Jansport Spring Break, so if you are a student looking to carry books, this probably wont work for you.

This will fit a couple of textbooks and a notebook plus a few small extras. The front pocket holds my checkbook wallet, cell and coin purse. The zipper only zips halfway down so that you can get things out without everything flopping out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy little backpack, January 13, 2013
I use this backpack for college. Even though it is a little smaller than I thought it would be, it still manages to fit all my books. Its sturdily built too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent pack for carrying college books and supplies, December 2, 2013
So far the most I've put in this pack is:
-Two compostition books
-A 24 oz stainless steel water bottle
-An 8-inch computer tablet
-Two 8.5" x 11" 500 page textbooks

I put all of this in there at one time.

I've walked a mile across campus with this bag fully packed, the straps were not too uncomfortable. I sometimes wear sleeveless shirts so the roughness of the straps were only a problem in those instances.

It's a decent, cheap bag, which is exactly what I wanted. I recommend this for someone who needs a no frills bag for a few years of college. I may even take the extra bag I bought and use it as an emergency preparedness backpack to keep in the car/house; it may make a decent field/day pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, June 11, 2013
great backpack not too small and not too big we were looking for a good back pack to take to Disneyland and this worked great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Canvas Backpack - Can be Easily Painted with Acrylic Paints if you Want it Customized, August 15, 2014
I bought two of these backpacks for my two elementary school kids and they are perfect for what they require. The backpacks themselves are durable and just the right size for the kids. I would say they are comparable to other canvas type backpacks out there that are 2-3 times the cost. The backpacks can easily hold a binder, a notebook, a pencil case, a lunch, a few books, and a sweater with room to spare - keeping in mind that this is for elementary school kids again...our kids are young so they don't carry much at all. If you're planning on carrying a High School load of text books, you may want to consider getting the larger sized backpack. The stitching at the seams is durable and we've had no issues with torn seams or canvas. The zipper also runs very smoothly.

Because the backpacks are solid in color, we ended up decorating the backpacks with acrylic paint to spice things up. The paint dries well on the canvas, looks vibrant, and give the backpack an extra protective coat. If you're considering drawing on the backpack with Sharpie, keep in mind that Sharpie on canvas tends to bleed a bit, and won't look quite as vibrant. You can also remove the "Everest" label very easily if you don't want the tab there and clean the material underneath with a toothbrush and stain stick - the coloring under the label will come right off. If you want a good glossy finish, you can also finish the painting with a clear acrylic coat. We did Lego Avengers on one bag and Japanimation Hello Kitty on the other - the kids love their backpacks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, February 4, 2014
The bag is a little on the small side. I can fit a 2 inch binder, some thin notebooks, and some gym clothes in it. Other than that I love it! It's really cute. Oh and it gets dirty easily so watch out....

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WORLD'S BEST BACKPACK, October 14, 2014
I LOVE THIS BACKPACK! I'm a junior in college and have gone the past couple years without a backpack, I finally got tired of carrying all my stuff in my arms and decided to get a backpack. Most backpacks are expensive! I found this one for less than $13 and had to get it. Even if it breaks it's not too much of a loss. I've now been using it for around three months and it's remained durable and comfortable, even after a washing.

True, it is on the smaller side, but being petite woman it is perfect for me. I can fit my huge binder, a few books, my 1.5L water bottle and some snacks in it. It's pretty minimalist in design but it gets the job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased two of these (one green and one pink) ..., September 16, 2014
I purchased two of these (one green and one pink) for my preschoolers. When adjusted to their shortest length, the straps fit a three year old perfectly, at their longest they are usable by an adult of average size. There is plenty of room to hold the standard folder, jacket and personal items that they carry. For an older child or adult a three ring binder and a few text books would just about fill it. The fabric seems thick and durable and I'm hopeful that it will hold up well into their grade school years.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Backpack is good, December 24, 2012
I choose this rating because the Backpack served its purpose. The only thing that I dont like is that it is too small. I will recommend this backpack to future customers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, but the zipper is tricky, June 16, 2014
I bought 3 of these for my kids to take as their personal item on a plane ride. They were the prefect size - small enough to fit under the seat in front of them, but large enough for them to fit their kindles, stuffed animals, some snacks, etc.

The zippers become easily jammed in the material, so if you're not very careful (kids often aren't) when opening and closing there's a good chance they will jam the zipper. It is not easy to undo (and I'm usually pretty good at it). I've fixed one at least 3 times, and the 4th stick I just told my daughter to only use the other zipper.

They served their purpose for sure, but using the zipper certainly requires some care.

Everest Luggage Basic Backpack