Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

I have another Everest bag and really like it. My husband often steals it so I figured I would get him his own. I really like the separate side compartments on bags. Especially for shoes, toiletries, and dirty laundry accumulated throughout your trip. I don't like to mix those things with clean clothing. When this arrived, I was surprised at the height of this. It is taller than my previous bag. I like the the wider, shallower bags for myself (because I hate digging) but for my husband that taller one is better because his bigger shoes can fit. I also love that that bottom panel thing is sewn inside the lining. The ones with the bottoms that are removable drive me crazy--they always fall out or small stuff gets hidden underneath them. Also nice--the shoulder strap is attached to the bag with metal tabs and metal clips. VERY nice feature, as those plastic D rings can and clips can break(then you are trying to somehow tie your shoulder strap to the bag...and of course this always happens in the middle of an airport of something.)

Another nice thing about these kind of bags is that we use them when we go to the beach. We pack our clothes in them, and when we take our clothes out at the hotel, we take out our clothes and use these kind of bags as our "beach bag." LOTS of stuff can fit (big beach towels, radio, snacks, even a few cocktails :D :D) And since there are separate sections, your phone or wallet isn't swimming around with the sandy towels in the middle. Plus it is decent enough for my husband to carry to the beach...not a girly thing with flowers and rope handles or something. This one is a little big and slightly more "luggage-y" than my other one, so we probably won't use it for that purpose, but we could.

It IS a little heavy (even empty) which makes it more sturdy, but for carrying a long way, I kind of like those cheap light ones. So you have to decide if you want study, good-quality that is slightly heavy, or if you want cheap, lower-quality that is really light (but won't last long.) Depending on what I need them for, I have both kinds in my house!
55 comments67 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
This bag is huge and sturdy. Fit enough clothes for maybe 5 days plus a throw blanket and a pillow. Also folds flat when empty.
0Comment35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2013
This bag seems and feels very sturdy with a decent strap length. Padded part of the strap also feels easy on the shoulder. However, this bag is certainly not for going to gym unless you will be carrying goalie gear of an ice hockey team. It can easily take 4-5 small (20") gym bags inside. It's also surprisingly deep and a well made shoulder bag.I read the reviews about this bag being huge but it's impossible to tell what people consider huge. If you're looking for a gym bag like I originally did, get the large one instead. I got the large one after I received my order and decided to keep this one to use it with camping gear or so as it seems pretty sturdy.

Only down side is, it doesn't have a small zippered compartment which is quite essential either while travelling or at the gym.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
I picked this up for my husband who loves to bow hunt. It's large enough for the hunting gear he hauls back and forth. The price was very good for the size it was! Very impressed with everything!
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
Excellent product,good quality, sturdy,easy to carry by hand or shoulder, accomodates a nice portion of belongings. I not only ordered this size, i ordered the medium size prior. No problem so far. A definite reccomendation.
on December 3, 2012
I go camping with horses and was looking for a large inexpesive gear bag. This will hold all my riding cloths and I like the separate compartments on the end for undergarments, extra shoes, gloves/hats; etc.
22 comments14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
The bag itself is large and holds quite a bit. It was actually larger than I thought it would be. However, I only had the bag for a little over a month, traveled with it twice and on the 2nd trip two of the supporting legs that it sits on broke off. Now there are holes where those two legs were and it is unstable. When I tried to get a replacement or my money refunded I was not allowed to because it only has a 30 day refund policy, no ifs, ands or buts. There was no way to contact the seller or Amazon on this product to come to some sort of an agreement. While it may be a great bag for most purposes I believe that when you spend good money on a product you should be able to use it for longer than a month without it being completely destroyed. DO NOT be fulled by this product unless you want a bag that is a one time use only bag! I will NEVER purchase anything from this seller again.
on July 4, 2014
This is a great bag! I got 10 days worth of clothes including shoes and accessories in it for a trip and still had room for souvenirs.
on March 25, 2014
I used this bag for 5 minutes before the strap broke. The bag was only half full and not very heavy. Very disappointing.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
This bag is HUGE. I wasn't expecting the bag to be this huge and when I packed it it was very heavy and awkward to carry, in future any luggage I have that holds this amount needs to have wheels. The original bag I received had a defective zipper, however I was able to easily exchange for a new bag. The bag is alright, I just want to warn people that it is HUGE.