5.0 out of 5 stars Carpenter Bees - GONE!
Published 17 months ago by William Frieler

3.0 out of 5 stars Power fine, Puffer Poor
Published 19 months ago by Ethan

5.0 out of 5 stars Carpenter Bees - GONE!, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Evergreen 1% Pyrethrin Dust Insecticide (Formally known as Pyganic Dust Comparable to Drione Better then Delta dust) and 1 Puffer Bellow Hand duster to apply the dust ~~ Kill Bees Wasps Yellow Jackets, carpenter bees , bedbugs , ants , ticks , fleas , beetles , mites , centipedes, and over 230 pests (anyone still selling Pyganic dust is selling aged product!!
Can't say enough positive things about this. I had a bad infestation of carpenter Bees in my yard barn. I tried everything from Wasp/Hornet spray, Sevin to chasing them and hitting them with anything that was handy. Saw Pyrethin used on "Billy The Exterminator" and had to give it a try. This particular offering comes with a puffer duster so i went for it. Blew a couple of puffs into active holes in barn and immediately heard loud buzzing followed by carpenter Bees falling out. "Puffed" all holes i could find and a month later - still no carpenter Bees anywhere to be seen/heard! Wish i had had this before they did all the damage. I'm going to have to replace several of the pieces of wood they destroyed. Tried it on a couple of wasp nests - and same result. No more wasps. The fact that it not only kills those present but keeps new infestations away is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful & effective product, August 21, 2012
We had a horrible wasp problem this summer. We had them under the siding and under the deck. We were unable to see the nests in these areas therefore the wasp freeze did nothing to get rid of them. We ordered the Evergreen dust and the wasps in the siding were gone within days. Since we didn't know the exact location of the wasps under the deck we dusted in the general area. We did this a few times. We successfully elminated them! We have since located the nest and confirmed that they are gone!
The product is strong so a person really needs to be careful to cover all exposed skin, wear eye protection and a mask. We bought a cheap coverall suit at Home Depot that covered the body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good substitute for drione, April 30, 2013
I was looking for Drione in a smaller bottle and found this instead. I found this to be very effective on roaches, ants, silverfish and the odd other insect that attempts to visit. I had also bought the Safer Brand DT prior and that was ineffective against almost all insects.

I used to be in the Pest Control industry and this is one of the few products I will use, particularly around very small children and the elderly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evergreen 1% Pyrethrin Dust Insecticide, February 25, 2014
Summer of 2013 - Yellow Jackets nesting in the ground made cutting the grass in 3 areas extremely dangerous. Huge nests! They even made walking to the mailbox and garden dangerous. Dust after dark (entrance hole and exit holes) with a hand bellows puffer, wear gloves, wear a face mask and wash clothes after dusting. You will have great results and won't poison the ground table water, only the bees. We have well water, a garden and a creek and marsh nearby. This was the best option and it worked!

Very Pleased,
Loren Nelson
Wisconsin

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical Alternative to Professional Pest Control, October 7, 2013
DasBier (Rural Virginia) - See all my reviews
Each year I get wasps building a nest under the siding. After watching the pest control guy do it for $75 a visit, I looked on amazon and voila....you can buy all the supplies for less than the price of one exterminator visit, and this is similar in composition (pyrethrins) as used by professional grade Drione that the exterminator recommended. Killed all wasps with a few puffs blown into the crevice after dark.

Duster seems OK for household use. Works great for puffing some dust onto plants infested by earwigs/aphids/whitefly in the garden (dust usually washes off with rain).

4.0 out of 5 stars Wroked well to get rid of bees t, January 1, 2013
I used this to get rid of bees that had formed a nest in the walls of our house. In a matter of a few days they were either dead or gone. It worked very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So long bees!, July 31, 2014
I had a nest in my siding and nothing seemed to get rid of these bees (I believe yellow jackets). I shot this dust right in the crack I saw the bees going into at dusk one night and never saw any activity again.

Recently, I noticed one yellow jacket looking to make a new nest in a small hole in my garage. He was flying in and out every couple of minutes. I didn't waste any time puffing some of this dust into that hole. Again, no more activity there...

Update: A full season later (after keeping the dust in the cold garage all winter) I had two nests in my corner siding on the second story. I waited until dusk and I could barely reach up there with the ladder. I stretched and loosely shot the dust up under the infected siding. I wasn't sure if it would work because I was probably a good 6-12 inches away from the opening with the duster. It worked though, no more bees!

3.0 out of 5 stars Power fine, Puffer Poor, June 6, 2013
I bought this in September to use on wasps; the insecticide worked fine. But I left it and the bellow duster in my unheated shed over the winter. In April I noticed that the duster is shot. The rubber is cracked open in several spots, and very brittle. There's no way it will puff any more, and I suspect that if I squeezed it, it would simply crumble and I'd have powder everywhere.

Maybe the rubber became brittle because of the cold (I live in Buffalo, NY), I'm not sure. But basically I got good insecticide and a duster that I could use for one summer only. I think I'll go look for a better duster, and if I need more insecticide I'll buy it separately.

3.0 out of 5 stars It did the job, but I did not expect the product to be nearing expiration date., October 12, 2013
It did the job, but I did not expect the product to be nearing expiration date or the danger it posed to my pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great once I located the yellow jacket nest. Easy to use!, October 6, 2014
Stuff works. Had a large yellow jacket nest between the floor joists and this product knocked them out in short order (once I found the actual nest). The bees were entering through a small gap at an exterior bath exhaust fan, turning the corner and nesting right above my tub/shower unit in the ceiling. I first dusted the entry hole, and days later there was still lots of activity and no difference in the numbers before dusting. Some of the bees were making their way down the wall framing behind the prefab tub wall and into my basement. It took another day or two of careful "listening" to pinpoint the actual nest. I got the best results at dusk or shortly thereafter when the workers were back in the nest. I discovered they were one joist bay away from where the exhaust fan ducting ran so proceeded to drill a small 1/4" hole through the ceiling drywall. I then inserted the nozzle of the billow into the the hole and gave a good 10 squeezes (probably way overkill but was fed up at this point). The next day no activity at the exterior, and a few larger yellow jackets were found in the basement which were basically staggering, not flying. After a couple days no more yellow jackets, whew. This product does the job, and I tried the sprays available at the hardware stores with no success. Locating the nest was paramount if you are facing bees in your wall or floor framing. Use your best guess and start listening while there are no appliance motors or other noises going on in the house. You will hear them scratching and buzzing.