5.0 out of 5 stars The best bag...ever.
I own an extremely big laptop (ASUS G73JH-X1). I could never find a bag that looked good and functioned properly. Lugging around a 12 lbs laptop with a messenger bag isn't smart.
Published on November 15, 2010 by Serge Magloire

3.0 out of 5 stars Not designed with women in mind.
Published on January 24, 2012 by Lauren

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bag...ever., November 15, 2010
This review is from: Everki Beacon Laptop Backpack with Gaming Console Sleeve, Fits up to 18-Inch (EKP117NBKCT) (Personal Computers)
This bag has plenty of room for my laptop and the pocket is lined with what can only be described as dead Muppet fur, which is as luxurious as it sounds. There are plenty individual pockets and all with what reminds me of a massacre on Sesame Street. As graphic as it sounds, my iphone, mouse, power supply, cooling stand, etc. are exquisitely caressed by what appears to be the flesh of Ernie.
There is even a rain cover to keep it from the elements! An amazing backpack. I don't know a lot about Everki, but I'm now a life long customer and will recommend this backpack to my friends and family.
The biggest con is the price, but the simple fact is you pay for expert craftsmanship and, come on, Muppet fur. I think it comes out to about 10% of the price of my laptop so it's worth it to keep it safe and sound. Looks cool and comfortable to wear. I love this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome backpack if you have a giant laptop, April 15, 2010
After weeks at Staples, MicroCenter, BestBuy and OfficeMax I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend the money for this bag. It fits my M17x like a glove, and carries tons of other stuff to boot (a netbook, a couple notebooks, a cordless mouse, and there's still room left over. My one complaint is that the shoulder straps are at a slightly wider width than most backpacks (Northface et certa); this was something I got used to in a week or so. Other than that it's got a stuff picket on the bottom with a waterproof jacket for the outside, I also stuffed a raincoat in there. The laptop compartment is very well padded and has a lining that I am confident would never scratch my machine. If you've got a massive laptop it's definitely the way to go, if I had known how great this backpack was I would have skipped the shopping process and just bought it from day 1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not designed with women in mind., January 24, 2012
This bag was purchased because of the wonderful reviews it received; it is in fact a fantastic bag. It is well made with sturdy material, has a lot of space and pockets, a secure space for a LARGE computer (ASUS G53S), and it is a decent price. However, the reason it is only getting three stars, is because this bag was not made with women in mind. The cross chest support strap is in a very awkward spot and there is no real way to get it fit comfortably. A few inches up would make a huge difference. My husband tried the bag on with no concern, and probably most of their customers won't have issues. But if a woman will be using this bag, be sure to keep this in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built for the travelling gadget freak, December 1, 2010
I have an ASUS G73JW, a DSLR, Logitech G53 headset, couple of earphones, a Kindle, Sansa, and a bunch of clothes that I carry around with me. After looking around (because I had enough of lugging a duffel bag), I decided to throw in twice the amount of the Targus XL and bought the Everki Beacon.

I was expecting a huge backpack to arrive but not exactly. It's actually a pretty decent average size with generous pocket space for all my electronics.

First thing that strikes you would be, holy crap this thing is really well-made. All my previous laptop backpacks feel flimsy compared to this ruggedness. Definitely well worth the $100 and extra express shipping fees to get it.

If you're still pivoting between to buy or not to buy, just buy it. Well worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASUS G74SX DOES FIT!!, May 2, 2013
Okay over the past 72 hours I have found that I am NOT alone in trying to find a back pack that will allow me to travel with the ASUS G74. On this bag (Everki Beacon) there are conflicting reviews and I am here to put them to REST! I HAVE PHYSICALLY placed my ASUS G74SX - BBK11 into this bag's lap top sleeve and zipped it completely closed!
YES the Fan side of the PC must be faced toward the longer / lower zipped side of the bag.
YES it is a VERY SNUG fit and does intrude on the main compartment of the bag.
YES you have to wiggle the lap top a bit to get the zipper closed.
IT CAN BE DONE AND WILL TRAVEL FINE!

SO DID I buy the Everki Beacon bag? NO. I bought the Everki TITAN. WHY?
#1 EVEN MORE SNUG fit for the Asus G74SX than the Beacon, BUT way easier to zip up (still room at top of bag for my next laptop as long as it is not any deeper than 13.2 inches, could be 18.4 inches wide)AND I do NOT have to take the G74 out of the sleeve to go thru security with the Titan.
#2 My Samsung GS3 phone does NOT fit in the cell phone pocket as shown on the mfg video for the Beacon. It does fit in the cell pockets in the Titan.
#3 The Not enough compartmentalization for me, a lot of open storage space for Clothes or for your Xbox but I travel with 2 toddlers and an infant. I need spots for all my Laptop,PC stuff AND snacks/spare baby clothes/formula/Nuks/baby bottle/field first aid kit/meds ,etc. I do not want all of this in a pile in the bottom of my bag.

I hope this helps! I was looking for a Laptop back pack for 11 months. I will travel with the Everki Titan in 3 weeks to BOS and then New York (expected train, plane, foot and Bus travel. I will update if I find and negative issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unhappy, March 30, 2012
I did not buy this bag from Amazon, as a matter of fact, I logged in to find a replacement. I have had this backpack for 18 months and it shows hardcore wear for no good reason. I have an 18" Toshiba Qosmio and I use it everyday.

The compartment is well padded side to side (Top and bottom of computer)but there is little padding at the bottom and NONE at the corners. The supplied rain jacket is not waterproof, just resistant. Your backpack will be damp if caught outside as the rain works through the rain jacket. After several uses the inner lining of the rain jacket began to deteriorate leaving a white residue. One of side pockets at the bottom has uncloseable slit (For an Mp3 player I guess) that can spit out a thumbdrive. The gaming console sleeve is pretty useless and flimsy, but I wanted a laptop bag. If you have a big laptop, it will intrude into the storage area and create a lip at the bottom that you will have to feel under for objects as it will be out of your sight line. A rip has appeared at left front zipper seam holding the main compartment which goes all the through to the inside exposing the inside.

The case carries: An 18" Toshiba Qosmio computer, a wireless mouse, large OEM power supply, three thumbdrives and three (Tiny 2.5") Seagate GoFlex external drives.

This items do not even fill the bag to half capacity. The total weight is about 18 pounds. I do not toss, throw or abuse this bag, I just use it normally everyday with an office job. Nothing else rides in the bag. If your are using this bag only occasionally, then it might be worthy -- But for a $100+? (FYI, I wanted to love this bag.)

Update -- August 2012: I have not had the time or money to buy a new backpack and since originally posting I want to add this: There is a clip on the front that secures the two shoulder straps and rests over your sternum. It is a three pronged male to female design. One of the prongs just snapped off from plastic fatigue (I guess) the load on the strap was moderate to low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bag, October 9, 2012
I thought i would be returning this bag but I guess not.
This bag is great and those people who have a certain laptop like the ASUS G75, it fits perfectly snug.
Not too tight and not to loose, just right.
The gaming console sleeve is great too. I can fit my PS3 or my xbox.
Lots of room for things like wireless mouse, Ipad, Itouch, and pockets to make things organize.

The price could be a little lower but it was worth it.
Tried on the bag with my laptop and several other items in the bag and it's comfy and durable.

I would recommend this bag for those who own a ASUS G75.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Asus G74sx, October 27, 2011
Thomas Fritz Jr (Stone Creek, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased an Asus G74sx 17.3" widescreen laptop - which is a large beast of a laptop. With the laptop, I initially ordered a Case Logic (17") backpack - which is an exceedingly tight fit. This laptop is very thick and long compared to others.

Looking for something larger - and thinking the slightly higher pricetag would get me something nicer - I ordered the Everki Beacon. I initially thought if it could accommodate the G73, my G74 should fit, right?

Wrong.

Had I read a little deeper into the reviews for this bag, I would have found the initial review warning off potential buyers with G74s.

This backpack *can* carry the G74sx, but not in the padded compartment intended for laptops. The G74sx will fit in the second compartment, but this seems a poor choice, as now you lose the ability to carry much else, and requires the (re)moval of the laptop to get at anything else in the compartment.

All told, this is a great bag, but it will not fit my intended cargo. Sadly, merely unpacking the backpack makes it ineligible for return to Amazon. Fortunately, I could either ebay it or give it to someone I know who has a gaming console they take to parties.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits asus G75!!!, August 23, 2012
The only reason I am writing this review is to say it fits the Asus G75. And it fits with plenty of room from the top but on the edges is on the tight side.
I have searched BestBuy, Walmart, Staples, Office Depot, and I even went to Macy's and still could not find a bag to store my Goliath of a computer but this bag is perfect. The computer doesn't only fit in the laptop sleeve but also has a low and a slim profile. And if that is enough, you do not feel the weight which means the weight distribution is excellent!
I also have to mention that you have to put the laptop in a certain position so it would fit. When you open the laptop sleeve you will notice on one side the zipper goes further down then the other side. In order for the laptop to fit properly the vents of the computer should be facing the side where the zipper goes the furthest down.
The quality is amazing! And this coming from a person who tends to spend the extra buck for quality and this bag does not disappoint. There is nothing bothering me about the bag aside I would prefer it to be checkpoint friendly but that is not a huge issue for me. If it is important that you have a checkpoint friendly bag then you should look at Everki Titan; it is a huge bag thus a more expensive bag.

Again! G75 Asus fits in this bag but not the G74 so REJOICE YOU HAVE FOUND A LAPTOP BAG for your gigantic, mesmerizing, sexy, powerful, and....ummm.... did I mention gigantic?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for What I Use it for, August 19, 2012
Biofall (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This backpack is perfect for me. I needed something large enough to fit my massive Asus G75 ROG laptop, but made well enough to not look like a hiking backpack. The quality of the materials are outstanding, and it fits whatever you can throw at it. Note that there are a million little places to put stuff all over this backpack, so organization isn't a problem. I highly recommend this item.