5.0 out of 5 stars Giant bag for giant laptops, plus all your stuff.
The size and quality is all I expected, and more.

Have you ever bought a laptop bag that was labeled "for laptops up to 18 inches", to finally discover that your 17.5" laptop wouldn't fit? I have.
Now I have a 18"+ ASUS G74, and there are very few bags that even pretend to fit this.

I got the Everki Titan backpack today, and my laptop fits...
Published on November 2, 2011 by Yann Landrin-schweitzer

Finally, a backpack bag that fits the bigger DELL Precision series laptops. And the ton of stuff that normally we all carry these days on planes (headsets, spare HDD's, etc.). Unfortunately, what it lacks is:

- Key ring hook (handy for holding car keys and VPN cards)
Published on March 24, 2012 by Jeff T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant bag for giant laptops, plus all your stuff., November 2, 2011
This review is from: Everki Titan Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack Fits Up to 18.4-Inch Laptops (EKP120) (Personal Computers)
The size and quality is all I expected, and more.

I got the Everki Titan backpack today, and my laptop fits perfectly. Not only that, but I can add my smaller 17.5" laptop if I want...
Alternatively, I can also fit the bigger laptop, a tablet and my DSLR + telephoto lens + tripod.
And in either configuration, there is room to spare for power supplies, battery chargers, external hard drives, and a change of clothes if I need to use it as a carry-on bag... Which I can, because it fits well within the allowed dimensions in airplanes bins.

The build quality is also excellent: large zips (so they will not get stuck), sturdy materials, extra strappings to make sure you can carry that extra weight easily. The inside is well designed (I counted some 15 pockets of all sizes, but I may have missed some), and generously padded.
The only quips I have so far are very minor: I would have liked a few larger pockets (most of them are only large enough to put a power supply in -- the brick size kind I have for my laptop), and well... aesthetically, it's not bad (mostly because the all-black exterior is discreet), but definitely looks industrial. Then again, I didn't buy this backpack for its looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found a bag for traveling!, March 17, 2013
I will first admit that I have OCD when it comes to organization and spend a great amount of time researching products to fit my needs when it comes to organization. I have exactly 10 backpacks, all of which were purchased for the never ending quest for organizational/capacity/durability perfection. They range from Timbuk2s, to High Sierras to the Oakley Kitchen Sink...all of them have been retired or put to different use because I found this bag!

Reasons why I need organization/capacity/durability:
1. I am a engineer
2. I travel internationally - racked up 100K+ miles so far and its only March
3. I love gadgets and carry more than the Woz (Steve Wozniak)
4. I need to be able to find things without much effort
5. I need a bag to last to the abuse of international travel - as well as day to day

Reasons why I chose this bag:
1. Tons of research lead me to Everki as a company
2. I wanted the 17" Checkpoint friendly bag - but didn't want to spend $295 as my quest has become more expensive than its worth probably
3. It has a life time warranty
4. It has an unbelievable amount of pockets - I stopped counting after 20 (what I consider) pockets
5. The build quality is second to none - you get high quality but I guess that is why Everki products cost so much
6. It had all the International travel requirements I needed
7. It had a non black interior - makes it super easy to find stuff even when on a plane
8. It comes with its own rain coat - sounds stupid but you would be surprised how many times I wish I had this feature
9. THIS THING HOLDS A TON of stuff
10. It was only $168

Pros:
1. See above
2. What I can carry in this: Macbook Air, Dell Latitude 15inch, Bose Quiet 15's with case, 4 cell phones (yeah I know its a ton but I have the need for that many) Ipad, Nook, Sunglasses with case (oakley Pit Bosses with case to give you idea of how big) Book I am reading, all the power cords needed for all my devices, two 2 TB hard drives, all my travel documents, my medicine I have to take on a daily basis, Ipod, Pens, Stylus, etc...all of these things are stored nicely in their own areas and are very accessible at all times.
3. Check point friendly

Cons:
1. I can carry too much stuff - I stuffed even more into this bag since I found out it can carry more with ease.
2. Checkpoint friendly area needs to be padded like the the 17" checkpoint friendly bag this one compares to from EVERKI
3. I am jetlagged as hell and writing this so my grammar and spelling is probably horrific...

Buy this bag or anything from EVERKI you wont be disappointed - now, how to sell all of the other bags I don't need...hmmm

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Backpack!, January 13, 2012
I got the backpack when I was damn close to $200 (that's including the shipping) so I was kind of doubting my self if I ordered this backpack, but before I ever order anything i always to research.
I spend days if not weeks researching the item and if i can find something better for the price, and honestly I highly doubt you'll find another backpack that has the same quality and features as this bag dose.

Im a gamer and will always be, but I also travel quite a bit and i had always wanted a backpack that i could take on the plane/car/bus and have all my gear with me, and this backpack dose not Disappoint.

When i travel i have the flowing with me

- 18In Laptop
- PS3
- Controller
- PX21 Headset
- Mouse (for the PC)
- CD Case full of Games
- External HD

Thats most of the stuff I carry not includeing the small stuff (Pens, ipod, gum, ect)

I would highly recommend this backpack to anyone who really wants to fit everything Including the kitchen sink in it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For ASUS 17.3 inch laptops, March 21, 2012
I purchased this backpack for my ASUS g73 17.3 inch laptop.
The laptop fits snug without any room to move but is still easy to take in and out.
Much to my surprise, I was able to breeze through airport security without having to remove my computer from the backpack.
In addition to the computer's weight,
I carried several other larger and heavier items (with plenty of storage space to spare) I remained remarkably comfortable throughout my travels.
Manufactured and engineered with superb quality.
Pay the few extra $$$, you'll be glad you did.
Overall 5 stars 100% satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, December 15, 2011
Everything I was hoping for, Fits my G74 Laptop comfortably, with tons of room to spare for books etc. The price was a little discouraging but being this was pretty much one of the only backpacks to fit my laptop it was worth the investment. Love this bag, Room for everything, I carry my Ipod, g74 laptop, Beats Headphones, full sized computer mouse, calculus book (big), etc. WORTH IT! Feel free to contact me with any questions if your considering buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop Bag in the Industry, April 30, 2012
Owned many laptops and various bags over the last 20 years and this is hands down the best bag I have ever owned. I have an Asus G74S that's a beast to haul around. I run youth events, DJ, and obviously take this bag and Asus wherever I go. I'll start with the pros. Space, # of internal and external compartments, quality, padding, zippers...I love this bag. I keep my mouse, firewire converter, DV Camera, Ipad 2, and all my cables...along with pens, binder, and on the long days, drinks and snacks. On the downside...I would say none. Originally, the primary enclosure for the laptop was tight, but with use, the G74 slides in perfectly. I believe the G74 is one of the largest laptops in the market. Unlike other computers it's size, the computer case is larger than others because of the fan system that blows out the rear versus under the laptop.

Will definitely be looking for more bags from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial Glance -- VERY Impressed, August 15, 2012
I was a little skeptical on making this purchase since it's a little on the pricey side. It arrived today and I'm incredibly impressed by the craftsmanship of it and just how many things you can fit inside of this backpack.

As described, it easily fits a laptop -- it is airport security checkpoint friendly as the laptop compartment opens a full 180 degrees, too. Tons of little pockets and pouches, even separated/removable compartments within it to store any wires and other peripherals.

The thing I was very surprised about, and completely pleased with, is that this thing rather easily fits a Cooler Master Storm SF-19 Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad (21 x 4 x 15 inches & 7.2 pounds). The cooling pad is just massive and this backpack fit it into one of the compartments easily. The rubberized edging on the cooling pad itself caused some ease-of-slip issues but that's not a fault of the backpack.

Showed it to a few people at work and their first reaction were "Wow that's a nice backpack!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice bag, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!, October 11, 2012
******Update 8/2014 Two years in******

My bag has been replaced twice under warranty now- Everki Service is fast and friendly, can't say enough good about them. My second replacement was due to the Velcro closure on the laptop sleeve attaching itself to the lining and tearing apart the lining. I guess it doesn't matter how they hold up, or how expensive it is. If there's a problem with the bag's quality (or design- velcro attaching itself to liner), they replace it. I'm totally used to it now, and love it and the company that makes them and stands behind them. Rating raised to 5 stars....

******Update 2/2013*********

My shoulder strap padding was crushed and deformed and had become very uncomfortable. I contacted Everki regarding the warranty (being repaired or replaced). I had to go through a simple process of taking some pictures what not and within 2 weeks I had a replacement bag. The service was good- they stand behind their products. Also, the new model has a key-chain clip in the front zippered area, which is a nice addition. The strap padding is the same, we'll see if it holds up this time.

******Original Review************

I have been looking for a great replacement backpack for some time. Five years ago, I bought the Targus CityGear 17" Laptop backpack and didn't look back. I've used Targus bags in the past and they've never let me down. This current bag started suffering from broken zipper pulls, and while I tied some aftermarket solutions on, I started looking to replace the bag. I really wanted something with more organization to it. I wanted more pockets, especially the little pockets to keep smaller stuff like external pocket drives, flash drives, and small electronics tools and cables to help me be better organized. I'm very picky about my gear bags, so it took a few tries, but it was worth the shopping experience.

Initially, I almost didn't like this bag simply because of the cost. Wow is it expensive. At nearly 4 times the cost of a new Targus CityGear (my original bag of nearly 6 years), I almost skipped it; but I'm glad I didn't. Recently I actually injured myself reaching into the Targus to grab some gear. A black piece of metal casing from an electronic device I didn't see cut the very tip of my finger. I immediately thought back to some of the other bags I'd tried and how they had a high contrast color interior, rather than all black as my Targus has. This feature makes accidents like this less likely, not to mention makes it easier to find that black audio/usb/whatever cable you swore you brought with you. That was just the catalyst I need to make a change and I thought what the heck, I'll give the Titan (with bright orange interior) a shot and I ordered one on Amazon.

My initial impression of the Titan was good. It seems to be the best build quality of the three new bags I tried (FUL Treble Maker, Swiss Gear Ibex were the other two), and only time will tell if it holds up to the Targus. It really took a few weeks for me to fully appreciate this bag though. After nearly 6 years of carrying the Targus, I was very used to it and it was very used to me. I knew right where I kept everything and it took some adjustments to get used to the new placements of tools and cables in the smaller pockets, but was worth the adjustment and then some as my stuff is so much better organized and so much easier to find and grab in the Titan.

There seems to be a place for nearly everything. I love the felt lined quick access pocket that was lacking on my Targus. The included smaller "gear" bag works really well for my laptop charger, external hard drives, cables or whatever you want and it holds a surprising amount. The tablet pocket is nice for everyday use, but takes a bit away from the airport friendliness of the bag as a tablet has to be dug out for screening.

My only real complaint about this bag is that it has no balance what-so-ever. My bag spends hours sitting next to my desks (I move from office to office- thus the need for a good backpack) as I reach in and out of it for things I need. The way this bag organizes your stuff it puts a lot of things on the front and up high in the bag. This is great for weight distribution when it's on your back, but it makes it fall over on its face when you set it on the ground. I found a work around in utilizing the compression straps to hold the pockets up while unzipped. This helps keep the bag from falling over, but also makes it harder to gain access to large objects.

Overall, I'm happy with this as a replacement backpack. At nearly three times the price of my old Targus though, and the balance issue, I have to deduct a star.

And has a Post Script- the water resistant dust cover sure is nice when I have the bag with me on the motorcycle- but why not just make the bags exterior more durable?

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, November 20, 2011
I did alot of seaching to fit my monster of a laptop (desktop replacement). This bag is HUGE. It easily fits my (W)16.22" x (H)1.79"x (D)10.87" Laptop and everything else you could need while doing light travel. Some of the best things about this that I didn't expect was how well I actually like the orange inside. It really helps you to quickly locate anything within the bag due to the contrast of the colors. Also the rain cover for the bag has come in handy already while caught walking home from a friends during a storm. I also love the extra pocket for my Nook & Ipad, can't tell you how nice it is to just throw that in there without constant fear of damage every time I move or put my bag down.

Only negative I would say for the bag would be the size of it. I am a fairly large guy and it fits me rather well, but it would be fairly easy for this bag to look silly on anyone of the smaller stature. The adjustable straps do a fairly good job of adjusting to the users size but the bag is just big boned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag but missing a few things that would make it exceptional., March 24, 2012

- Key ring hook (handy for holding car keys and VPN cards)
- Usable accessories pouch (the one included is sew so that it lays flat vs. allowing you to put stuff in it)
- Detachable chest strap...sorry - not too many people use these...be better if they at least put matching buckles on each side so that you don't have to cut it off to avoid having to put up with it.
- a more convenient way to release the buckles that go to the front. Hiding the ends inside the little pocket makes for some fun unsnapping
- hard/stiff bottom so that it stands up when placed on floor and better weight distribution for the hefty power supplies that sink to the bottom
- the tablet slot is a bit gimmicky....okay...so we have a security friendly screening laptop area - but we have to yank out the iPad. Not a whole lot saved.
- velour inside of the top pocket, etc. is a bit of a shame....we are carrying electronics...hello static?? Not only that, but it becomes a fight to keep the fuzz out of USB ports.
- handle on top of bag is pretty week
- needs a rollerback pass through on the back in case I want to put it on top of the roller bag instead of hauling it...yeah, chest strap doubles in a pinch, but far too loose and allows backpack to flop around

I think Wenger/SwissGear definitely has better pocket arrangements/more usable ones....they just don't make one big enough. Would have given it a 4, but for the money, all the dings push it to a 3.