Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 2, 2012
I'm writing this review after owning the backpack for approximately 13 months and 1 week. I purchased it in mid Jan. 2011, and it was just replaced yesterday, having finally fallen apart enough that I no longer trusted it to carry my laptop.

Pros:

- The laptop section is generously sized and easily fit my 15.6 inch laptop.

- There are numerous small-to-mid sized pockets, pouches, compartments, etc. to hold mice, cables, pens, and other smaller items that would get lost in larger sections.

- The bottom is fairly tough and appears to be at least somewhat water resistant; I have no worries setting the pack on the ground.

- Reasonably sleek look

Neutral:

- I would have appreciated more padding around the laptop area, but I can't say it's any worse than the majority of other laptop packs I've looked at.

Cons:

- The stitching does not hold up over time. The rubbery section on the upper right strap (if you were wearing the pack) with the Everki logo has ripped on both the top and bottom seam. The bottom left strap is tearing in the middle. Strings are hanging loose from the straps and a number of seams. The breaking point was when the "knot" at the very end of the bottom left strap ripped apart, leaving only the right strap remotely usable.

I've been using backpacks for school and work for over 20 years, and this backpack was loaded with less weight and was, by far, treated gentler than any other (after all, my laptop was it it). This being the case, I'm disappointed that this backpack has been among the least durable, with stitching ripping as if I was loading it down with 100lbs of weight (reality: ~10-12 pounds).

- The side pockets are made of the same material as the backpack and do not stretch in the slightest. Anything placed in these side pockets, assuming you can fit it in, is going to press into the backpack. You can see in the product pictures that it's a tight fit and the drink bottle is really jammed in. The pockets would have been much more useful had they had some elasticity or been made larger such that they weren't nearly flush with the backpack.

The Reality:

If you buy this backpack or see it in person, you'll tug on the straps, pull the handle, check the seams and decide this and other reviews on Amazon mentioning the stitching durability must have been written by crazy folks; after all, the backpack *feels* strong. As the months go by though, you may find a small rip along a seam somewhere and wonder how it happened. Then maybe you'll find another. Soon enough there will be noticeable structural problems and you won't trust your laptop to this backpack; then you'll be on Amazon writing a review like this.
on September 8, 2011
Ordered three (3) of these bags (for three different employees) and they all ripped where the shoulder strap meets the bag. The hand strap area is also ripping.
on November 26, 2010
The stitching is coming undone throughout the bag, and the return policy sucks. Do not buy this bag and do not buy from this seller.
on October 19, 2012
I bought this based on the weight of the bag, hoping to reduce my overall load. This weighed about twice as much which puts it in line with the other bags. This is very roomy and good for large laptops, the material is thin and light. The bottom is good overall, feels solid. Other bags have felt-lined surfaces, this one does not.

I have the Caselogic Nox bag and will use that instead since it roughly the same weight. Decent bag for the price though.
review image
on June 10, 2013
I got this less than a month and the sewing has start to come loose. Certainly, I should be able to returned it?
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
I got this to be a less bulky bag when I was riding the motorcycle to class. In that regards, it met expectations. However, it wasn't a great quality build. Seams didn't last a year before fraying and eventually tearing.
on May 4, 2012
I bought this backpack to replace a very nice Alienware one that just didn't fit me. I'm an average sized female, and this backpack comfortably holds my 17-in. HP notebook, assorted cables and such, a book, and a small umbrella. It's reasonable in weight and it fits! When I carry it properly (using both shoulder straps) it is well placed on my back, and doesn't slide off either shoulder as my previous bag did. It's also well balanced when I sling it over just one shoulder. I've only had it about a month, but so far am very satisfied. If I need to get another in a year or two, I will try to get another of this style.
Update: after six months, I am still entirely happy with this bag. It is holding up well for me, and I use it every day.
on April 18, 2013
three days after I got my backpack the stitching at the top of the straps started to come loose. I had my local dry cleaners restitch it. this is the first time I have ever had a problem with an Amazon purchase. side pockets far too small. they are not deep enough to hold a water bottle securely.
on June 27, 2013
Trawling through Amazon's backpack reviews is no easy task. Having gone through the exercise and weighing mind, back and money over brand names, I settled on this Everki light laptop backpack. I've had it for a month, thrown in about during my 4-hour train commute, rain and office. So far so good. I love the leather bottom as the backpack can rest on any floor, ANYWHERE (read: bars).

There is just enough space to put in my 11inch Lenovo, a leather bound notebook, a wad of prints, chargers, phone, ipod, hat and woolen shawl, and a purse full of 'in case of emergency' items (tablets, tissue, purse mirror, moisturizers). Snug however I just need a commuter backpack, not a survival kit for which this works like a charm.

I had ordered the Belkin light laptop back 3 months ago and returned it to Amazon as I found it too big for my petite frame. I'm happy with Everki.
on November 19, 2013
easily one of the most sleak 17" laptop bags I've been able to find at any price. The side pockets are just a little tight on my 1L Sigg bottle, but it means I'm not worried about the bottle falling out when bike riding.