5.0 out of 5 stars Everlast 2 lb Dumbbells
Great product for a little extra weight to use with the Wii Fit. Good starter weights - I wish a heavier version would become available.
Published on December 9, 2009 by Shoeaddict

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless
Although I LOVE my Wii, these dumbbells are pretty useless. It takes so long to hook them up in the middle of your fitness program that you lose momentum. Also, the Wii has trouble reading the remote through the dumbbell. I tried using them for extra weight during boxing and the game wasn't registering my punches. I can't recommend this product.
Published on June 5, 2010 by E. Hook

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useless, June 5, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for use with the boxing game, December 31, 2010
W. Robertson (Basking Ridge, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I use the dumbbells for the boxing game and nothing else. The small amount of extra weight does add to the intensity of the boxing game.

Its inconvenient to take the remote out of the dumbbell each time so I switch to a regular remote when I'm not doing boxing.

You can switch controllers pretty easily in the following way:

Press the home key and go to the remote settings. There you will find the option to reconnect the remotes. You will be prompted to press the 1 and 2 buttons at the same time on each remote (in the order you want them to be connected). I press the 1 and 2 buttons on the remote that I want to become primary and then press home again to return to the Wii fit games.

Not great - not sure I'll keep using these but we will see. At least they are inexpensive (and not flimsy).

5.0 out of 5 stars Everlast 2 lb Dumbbells, December 9, 2009
Shoeaddict (Sioux Falls, SD) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)

3.0 out of 5 stars Design could have been better, but better than nothin!, July 6, 2010
alyssa starelli (Portland, OR, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
The wii controllers must be placed inside 'tunnels' in the dumbbells. This creates three small issues, which aren't very bad but slightly annoying: a. the controller has a harder time communicating directly with the Wii because of said tunnel and the position you'd generally hold a dumbbell in isn't directly straight forward, so you miss points/hits/whatever. and b. by holding the dumbbell you're actually pressing buttons on the controller - the grip is removed so you've got direct palm to button pressure. and c. it's hard to disconnect the nunchuck from the controller which is required for several other games which dumbbells would make a better workout for, so I end up popping the controller out disconnecting. well, it takes up valuable time.

nice idea though and I'll continue to use them. the design could have been better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrist Weights would be a better option, March 9, 2010
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I got these becasue I thought it would be a good way to step up my routine. The weight inside ( i think sand) was loose causing the weighting to not be steady. I returned them because of the weighting flaw and also due to the fact that wrist weights would do the same thing and not be as cumbersome as trying to insert and remove the controller.

I good idea but has some kinks to work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 10, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I bought these for my wife last year for Christmas along with the Wii Fit & she uses it every day. It seems silly but I have to admit that I see a difference with her. I highly recommend this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip it, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
It is too hard to get the wii-mote and nunchuck in and out of these weights to really be useable.

4.0 out of 5 stars But some weight in my workout, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
They really add a lot to the workout. I did some boxing and was wiped out after a few rounds. Great for the arms and torso. The only hard part was finding which games and workout to use them with. I'm still working that out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I like that it is a heavier weight but quickly , I guess depending on the person, you out grow the weight. There is no way to add more weight to it. Besides that it does its job and love using it with the wii u fit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
These are big bulky and don't feel like they add any weight. I do better just adding my regular 5lb weight that I had already been using while I do my Wii Fit.

Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii
Everlast 2lb Dumbbells - Nintendo Wii by Company X (Nintendo Wii)
$12.99