5.0 out of 5 stars I like it
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:13 Mins
I am a beginner. I just want this heavy bag for exercise in the winter.
I am 5'10" and 160lbs. It's not too heavy and too light for me.
Amazon send it to me on time with two layer of boxes.
The inside box is from Everlast and outside box is for shipping.
It came with two or three snap link, chain.
However, in my basement...
Published on January 24, 2012 by Keng

1.0 out of 5 stars stitching ripped after less than 6 months!
Not even six months old and the stitching that holds the rings is tearing off! Everlast seems unwilling to honor their warranty. Don't buy it!
Published 12 months ago by Susan Kiefer

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, January 24, 2012
Length:: 1:13 Mins

I am a beginner. I just want this heavy bag for exercise in the winter.
I am 5'10" and 160lbs. It's not too heavy and too light for me.
Amazon send it to me on time with two layer of boxes.
The inside box is from Everlast and outside box is for shipping.
It came with two or three snap link, chain.
However, in my basement I don't have a crossbeam that high enough, so I have to take the chain off and buy a rope to hang it.
I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you read, not what you see..., December 27, 2007
Eric M Moore (Grayson, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
It's a great, sturdy punching bag that never rips. But, the picture you see is either the 60,70,or 80 pound bag, the bag you get is about half the size of the one in the picture. Other than that it's perfect, I recommend gloves or bands to avoid burnned knuckles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, January 20, 2008
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
It arrived on time and in good shape, I thought it would be too light being 40 lbs. but no its good and it will give you a good workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars everlast heavy bag, January 18, 2009
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
I had a 80 pound bag, but in moving it was a dead weight, plus I had decided not to use it any longer, but since giving it away, I still wanted something to use for exercising. This is where the lighter 40lb bag came in,it is just as good as the larger one, to me anyhow, in that you can still work it about the same and of course it is lighter to move if necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars a one month review..., October 13, 2009
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
Have had this a month and really like the size and weight of this bag. My brother has an 80# bag which always felt too heavy to work out on ...like your hands took the beating instead of the bag. On this bag the weight is just right ...it takes the punch and your hands don't hurt if your wrapped or have gloves on.

I like the length but would not mind a bit more...(but then would maybe have to be heavier...darn) So with that maybe this bag is lacking for most kicking situations unless they are all high or you choose to adjust bag height for different workouts...i do not have that option so for me its a upper body bag only.

The stitching and construction seem to be holding up well...even with a beating...you will need an eye hood or bag hanger so prepare for that but it comes filled and ready to go otherwise...enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use, good value, great stress reliever, top quality, February 4, 2010
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
Fun to use with the Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves or just throwing a couple of punches as you walk by. Every office should have one of these. Maybe two or three. This size (40 lb) is reasonably sized, but I can see where you'd be better off with an 80 lb bag.

Now what you want/need to hang this thing is Everlast Heavy Bag Hanger. I figured out where a ceiling beam was, then removed the popcorn ceiling and the drywall until I exposed the wood, then drilled a pilot hole for each of the two large screws and then used a wrench to get them torqued down. Personally I want to add a few zip-ties in case the single bolt fails or comes loose. It's got a lock nut but the bag rotates, so you have to figure it may loosen and suddenly drop. A few zip-ties ought to be a useful backup anyway, like chucking a couple of stacked spare tires under your car when it's on a jack stand and you're underneath it -- just be extra safe.

After I hung the bag I went to the hardware store and bought a longer length of chain since the one that shipped with the bag wasn't long enough for my situation. This was a gift my kids asked for at Christmas, so I wanted to hang it where we all could use it.

One other thing that you ought to buy with the bag is a Everlast Double End Heavy Bag Attachment. It comes with a tough outer sleeve and an inside bladder you're meant to fill with water, but I removed the bladder and bought a 50 lb bag of "play sand" (clean sand) from the local hardware store to weigh it down, I put the whole unopened bag of sand in the outer sleeve and mooshed it around until I could zip the outer sleeve shut. It comes with a rubber strap to dampen movement. It's essential. Cuts way down on the swinging you get otherwise.

You ought to use Everlast 4455BP Hand Wraps or the training gloves I linked to earlier. Your knuckles will quickly abrade and/or you can break your wrist or fingers. Not that a quick punch or three will kill you as you walk by. Great stress reliever. Excellent value. Really well made, not low-end crap. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for better., September 27, 2013
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
Good quality and useability. I have this hanging in my garage. It came with all the hardware I needed to hang it with the exception of the mounting bolt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Bag, September 7, 2010
JRC (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
Nice bag--as has been mentioned in other reviews, the model pictured is not the one you get. The 40# bag is roughly 32" long.

There is a very big difference between this model and the 80#+ bags in the movement and oscillation, but I'm happy with it--good density, typical Everlast canvas cover (you'll want wraps and bag gloves). I weigh 155# and had some boxing experience in college (just to provide some context), and I've found that it only gets swinging severely after a very long combo. If you're probably 200# or bigger, or are a serious fighter, you won't want this bag; also, it's probably too short for fighters incorporating kicking.

But for the typical suburban garage gym, this is a nice piece of equipment--and soooooo much easier to lug around than an 80# bag. Mine is hanging only 22" from my furnace, and the bag hasn't swung far enough to hit the furnace yet.

Also, I didn't have any packaging/shipping problems that some other buyers have noted--Amazon did a good job (and it arrived five days before the estimate).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome heavy bag!, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
I been using this bag for about 2 months and its been great. I am 5'10 and weigh about 140-145. I use 16oz gloves. I use it everyday for about 15 minutes. No complaints and I definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 Ib. Girl Loves This, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.) (Sports)
I'm a very small person and have been begging my husband for a punching bag for years. This is GREAT for me!! Honestly, it makes me feel a little weird since it weighs as much as a child BUT- for someone who's new to this, it's a great starter. My husband is about 35-40 lbs. heavier than me and all muscle. This is NOT a good bag for him. If he hits it's moderately, it flies across the room or up into the ceiling.

Everlast 4004 Traditional Heavy Bag (40 lb.)
$54.99 $49.99
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.