4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
Published on April 30, 2012 by Jason W Bean

1.0 out of 5 stars package damaged and parts missing
The package was delievered damaged with nuts and bolts falling out. The instructions where missleading, the wrong part # was listed in the instructions than what was actually supposed to be used. The item was delievered missing parts and Everlast has discontinued the item so they could not replace them.
Published 18 months ago by Amy M.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, April 30, 2012
I was a little hesitant before making the purchase when I read some reviews here that mentioned missing parts. I went ahead and bought it and am glad I did. I ran into a small issue when putting the structure together ...all of the parts are included, but one portion of the directions have a mis-labeled piece. If you look at the labeled diagram in the very beginning of the instructions, you can easily see and correct the mistake.
The structure itself works as described and I am very happy with it. Definitely need some weight to hold it in place. The directions call for olympic weight plates to be put on the given posts, but I opted for sand bags. It works just as well for a fraction of the cost. As the title states, this was a good value for the price of purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out, rigid, all parts complete and fit well, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Everlast Heavy Bag/Power Fitness Stand (Sports)
I'm surprised about the complaints over the fasteners and poor fit. I received my stand this week, and must admit I was anxious over the number of pieces and apparent complexity in assembly. There could have been a few notes in the instructions giving heads-ups over a few assembly idiosyncracies beyond the pics, which, at least, showed id labels for everything, down to the washers. But all the parts fit together nicely, and all the fasteners were present--although there were a couple of the longer heavy bolts that were a bit longer than the others. Couldn't figure out why, so I decided to just go for it after I dry-fitted them and saw that the bolts that were a bit shorter still had sufficient length for the washers and nuts to be installed nd torqued down. As for fasteners all over the UPS truck, I find that hard to believe since my two packages of fasteners were shrunk wrapped on a cardboard base. It was actually a bit difficult to pry them out of the plastic, since they were secured so tightly.

The stand is quite rigid, and, I might use the bars for dips, leg lifts,pushup and pullups more than punching the heavy bag.

As for the complaint over the stand sliding across the floor, that's kind of a silly statement, since the instructions clearly state that a lot of weight--up to 200 pounds should be added. There are pegs for that purpose. Any bag that sits on the floor rather than being attached to ceiling is going to have the same problem if not weighted down.

One last thing. This stand is looong at 5,5 feet. You need clearance at both ends--one end for pushups, the other end for standing in front of the bag. So, if you have a small room (mine is 9.5' by 11.5 feet), and other exercise equipment as I do, it's going to take some planning to get everything to fit and still be usable.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works..., February 16, 2012
This review is from: Everlast Heavy Bag/Power Fitness Stand (Sports)
It does its job, I suppose.

I bought this along with the 100lb nevatear bag from everlast. But there are a few issues:

The assembly didn't come with enough nylon nuts to complete, so a visit to the hardware store is required. The instructions also lists items differently than what what you get in the box, and in different quantities. Just expect to have to buy some nuts and/or bolts to complete the assembly.

And the other problem is that the 100lb nevatear bag hangs too low. I'm only 5'10" and my strikes are at the top of the bag, not in the middle where it should be. Perhaps this bag stand was designed with another bag in mind? Just a bit of a warning if you're planning on buying this particular bag/stand combo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, December 30, 2011
I'm 5'9", 205lbs, wrestler/fighter build. Use this every morning for half an hour before I shower and am very pleased. Have a 100lb heavybag hanging from it, and a 2ft bungee cord hooked to the bottom to minimize bag sway. That being said...

The biggest downside is that it took rubber mat flooring, 200lbs of sandbags, and two rubber doorstops (on the back/pullup bar side) to keep this thing from sliding all over the dog-gone garage. And even with all that I have to adjust it every couple workouts. But it's still a great way for me to get a morning sweat in before my shower (I save heavy lifting or long runs for the evening because I am not much of a morning person).

*04/12/13 UPDATE: I have since used a hammer drill and concrete anchors to bolt this into the garage floor. It goes nowhere now. Stand still in great condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Everlast product as per the usual., February 2, 2013
This review is from: Everlast Heavy Bag/Power Fitness Stand (Sports)
While it's not completely perfect this is a GREAT bag stand with the bonus of having pull-ups, leg-lifts, push-ups, and sit-ups.
I bought this so I could use my heavy bag without hanging it from a ceiling beam somewhere. As a casual cardio boxer this works exactly as I needed it to. If you are going to hit the bag extremely hard, I would probably hang the bag from the ceiling in a very open area because I am unsure if the stand would tip over or not. That being said you might be okay because the stand itself is quite massive and the base is pretty darn solid. It was actually significantly taller and wider than I had first thought but then again I didn't really take measurements! It did fit in my small 11 by 11 room with about a 9' ceiling, though with a ceiling fan in the center of the room, I can't really use the pull-up bars as well as I'd like to.

Relating to the pull-up bars, even though I tightened all the bolts quite well, I feel as though the bars still "give" too much. I'm worried I might break them with extended use to be honest and I only weigh 175lbs. Also, if you don't have really wide shoulders, the pull-up bar position is a bit uncomfortable.

I mostly enjoy using the push-up/sit-up/leg-lift stations (after the heavy bag of course) because they are really hard to mess up... and they work as intended.

Overall, I dinged a star because (including the aforementioned problems) several of the bolt holes were drilled incorrectly but I made it work without much effort. I actually had to reverse the natural way you would install the push-up handles because of this but it really does not affect anything or make it more uncomfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars As promised, May 16, 2013
Came on time and as promised. I love it's versatility. Use it almost daily. Bag does hang a bit low for practicing head kicks so take this into consideration if kickboxing.

1.0 out of 5 stars package damaged and parts missing, June 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 9, 2013
All the tools needed are included. Great product!!! Very durable and does keep up the heavy bag nicely. Be sure to assemble it where you want it because it will not fit between doors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!, February 4, 2013
Mostly use it for leg lifts, dips, pull-ups, and heavy bag. It's solid, which was my concern. It shakes and moves a bit when I really pound on the bag, but probably should expect some of that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., March 26, 2012
S. Taylor (Tahlequah,OK USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlast Heavy Bag/Power Fitness Stand (Sports)
First off, on the backrest there is a screw missing, after contacting everlast customer support numerous times to no avail and explaining the issue, they sent me another package of bolts. However since it is an engineering problem. This didn't work (as I told them it would not before they sent it and told them not to send it) Then since it is such a light weight product, while using a heavy bag on it, the stand bounces around and feels and sounds like it is about to tip over. Have to put weights on it to hold it in place, however these may get in the way of using the other side of the stand for chin ups, push ups, dips, and abs. It is a great idea, and if engineered properly, would be a great all in one body workout. However since it was not, and since the customer service of Everlast is some of the worse I've experienced, I would not recommend this item to anyone.

Everlast Heavy Bag/Power Fitness Stand