Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 31, 2011
This purchase was for my wife. I am a boxer and I use expensive, $200 gloves for my training. So, I'm picky. I wanted to get something for my wife so that she could protect her hands and add a little weight/resistance to her at home cardio workouts. We decided to start with the Everlasts, just to see if she liked boxing and would keep up with it. These turned out to be very well-built and protective. Ventilation is good and they won't develop any smells as long as you don't leave them in a closed area (like a gym bag). Padding is well-distributed. Material is fairly durable (not as good as leather, though). My wife is 5'6", 110lbs and fits the 8oz glove snugly, without wraps. If you are hitting a bag, use wraps and go for a larger glove.
Though these are a "cheap" glove, they are very adequate for someone starting out. If you find yourself getting into boxing, your next step would be quality leather gloves in the $50 to $80 range. But, as a starter, I can recommend these. Shes proud to own them and they encourage her to stay active.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2008
These gloves are an excellent purchase for anyone who is in a boxing or kickboxing class or for the casual user who likes to hit the bag at home. I'm a small girl (5'3), with small hands, but after trying on the 12oz gloves at the store, I opted to purchase the 14oz ones off of Amazon instead. I'm extremely glad that I did because my hands fit inside the 14oz gloves perfectly whether I'm wearing wraps or not, whereas my fingers were a little cramped inside the 12oz gloves when I didn't have wraps on. The padding on the gloves is exceptional, I never hurt my hands hitting the bag or during drills in class. The color has gotten me quite a few compliments, however the one minor complaint I have is that there is no headgear to match. Everlast makes camouflage, yellow, red, blue, and black gloves all with matching headgear, however their pink gloves do not come with any matching accessories except wraps and finding matching headgear online has been kind of a headache. Overall, I would still purchase the gloves regardless of the fact that I don't match when I spar, and realistically, if you're not using the gloves in a combat related class or you don't care about being color coordinated, the matching headgear problem isn't even an issue worth worrying about. Conclusively, the 14oz gloves get 5 stars based on their comfortability, functionality, and appearance.
33 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2012
On the ProStyle women's boxing gloves packaging (pink color gloves)
8 oz: I would say this is youth size. I ordered it for my daughter. Very short/small for girl/women under 5' tall. no sizing chart on the package for 8oz.

12oz.: 100-140lb & 5'2"-5'5".
14oz.: 140-160lb & 5'5"-5'8".

I'm choosing 12oz. but i'm 165lb & 5'3. It fits me fine without wraps (I also have short fingers). I use for Krav Maga class to practice with the classmates, so we don't have time to put wraps on and we don't hit classmates hard. I don't know how to use wraps either.

14oz. is also fine for me, but I like the snuggle fit on 12oz without wraps. I think 14oz will be the best fit for most woman. Even 14oz. is little longer for me and loser, but it's comfortable. My fingers still go over the curve part. I also see my female classmates (asian S to M size ladies) use 16oz gloves, but they have wraps and they probably go to the boxing class also.

Gloves are wide, so if you have long fingers and on the boarder line....you might want to go for next size.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've started boxing with my personal trainer and these gloves seem great. They fit my hands comfortably (I have medium sized thin hands) and I am never sore after a workout. They smell a bit like vinyl when you first receive them, but the smell quickly dissipates. The pink color is eye catching and the price is unbeatable!
on March 27, 2007
I love these gloves!! I am 55 years old and have developed arthritis in one wrist so it is somewhat painful to hit my heavybag with the other lighter gloves that I own. I bought these gloves in the 14oz weight and with the built-in wrist wrap it makes it so much easier and comfortable.
on January 12, 2015
Cheap and looks pretty to me! It came quick too! I am a beginner so I don't need fancy gloves. I am 5 1/2 ft 105 to 108 lbs, my hands are tiny so 8oz gloves is fits me well even I have the 180" hand wraps on it did not bother me at all.
on July 17, 2015
Short and bad quality. Only worn once and you can see the material is already fraying from the Velcro. I haven't even washed yet. I'm 5'2 with very tiny hands and they don't have enough length to cover my wrists after wrapping my fingers. Would NOT buy again.
on July 18, 2015
SIZE CHART:
100lb-140lb / 5'0"-5'5" 12 OZ
140lb-160lb / 5'5"-5'8" 14 OZ
160lb-180lb / 5'8"-6'0" 14 OZ

If you are smaller than the above categories then I would recommend looking into youth sizes.

PROS:
Dense two-layer sandwich foam for shock absorbency
Even padding around the glove
Great ventilation
Comfortable
Stylish

I ordered these for kickboxing classes. They work great! They are super comfy and cushion your hands. Your hands still feel gross from getting sweaty like they will in any glove but these have an antimicrobrial lining so they don't smell funny after several uses.
on March 8, 2007
I love the boxing gloves--I would totally recommend them to anybody wanting to get in shape and look cute while they are doing it. I would not recommend the free super saver shipping unless you want to wait 6 weeks to get your product. If you are looking for a better deal, I found the same pair of gloves at Kohls for $19.99.
on November 2, 2007
The gloves are great. I am small (5'5 112lbs) and bought the 14oz gloves. I do kickboxing aerobics. The gloves are a bit heavy but they are cushioned nicely. :)