4.0 out of 5 stars Good ending to the Series
Published on June 7, 2011 by Brittnee Hubbard

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh. Finally.
**Contains spoilers!

Ugh. Finally.

Published on February 26, 2012 by Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh. Finally., February 26, 2012
**Contains spoilers!

Ugh. Finally.

Sorry, I just had to say it. I loved Evermore, enjoyed Blue Moon, and then this series just went downhill for me. In Everlasting we finally have the completely predictable finale to the Immortals series. First, let me point out that the entire premise of the book is centred around Ever and Damen finding the antidote to Ever's poisonous DNA so that they can finally have sex. Don't believe me? It's even in the summary!

"..and experience the passionate night they've been longing for"

Ugh, so terrible.

So Ever and Damen embark on a journey, inspired by the ramblings of a seemingly crazy old lady that they find in Summerland. Here's what did not make sense to me:

Lotus (crazy old lady), is desperate for Ever to embark on her destiny's journey, as it will lead to her soul's redemption. Instead of putting it in layman's terms, so that Ever understands why its so important that she embarks on this journey, Lotus chooses to be mysterious and vague, which only adds to Damen's argument that she's just senile. We could have saved several chapters of Ever exclaiming that she feels "deep down" that Lotus is speaking the truth and Damen arguing that Ever is just unwilling to move on and be happy had Lotus just been a little clearer from the start. If this is something that she wants so desperately, why is she being so elusive about everything?

Lotus explicitly states that this journey is Ever's, and Ever's alone. She is the ONLY person who can embark on this journey. Then she lets Jude go with Ever. The Damen shows up and its now a 3-person journey. And then Lotus shows up and says that their paths are entwined, but that each has their own journey to follow. WTF? Again, had she just explained things in layman's terms...anyways, moving on.

We "get" to revisit Ever and Damen's first lives together, as Adelina and Alrik. I actually really enjoyed those chapters, but I couldn't help but think, what does this have to do with anything? Other then provide us with a semi-steamy sex scene, I didn't get much out of it.

After their first step on the journey is complete, Damen admits that Ever was right and that Lotus is not crazy - that she has been right all along. But later, when Lotus asks that Ever continue her journey to the Tree of Life, Damen's back on the Lotus-is-crazy-train and can't understand why Ever would want to complete her destiny. Unnecessary conflict to create suspense.

Damen is adamant about refusing to give up his immortality, even if it means restoring his karmic balance and restoring his true immortality, his soul's immortality. He goes to great lengths to make this point known. Noel goes to great lengths to give Ever lengthy speeches to convince him otherwise (where each speech starts with, "Damen, please hear me out"). Ever is about to walk away, and out of nowhere, Damen has changed his mind?! No speech to explain why, no emotional breakdown to explain his hesitance and then reluctant acceptance (other then he's scared of losing his "physical perfection and eternal youth" - so shallow). Just a hastily thrown together moment so we can get to the good stuff - the "passionate night" they've both been waiting for.

I think the thing that bothered me the most about Everlasting (and this series in general) is that I read every book in the series, and to be honest, I didn't have to! Noel spends so much time catching us up with the previous 5 books (not that much happened between books 3-5) that this book would probably be cut in half if you removed everything that was in reference to what had happened previously. I really wish this series had been a trilogy, because I think then I could have enjoyed it better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ending to the Series, June 7, 2011
I have been reading this series since Alyson Noel first published the books. I can't say I didn't like it because it was good, but... I really would of liked a little more spark, since this is the last book. About two-thirds into the book, I started wondering what else could she possible write about, what can happen next?? Like I said, I do not regret buying the book, very much enjoyed it, but its didn't exceed my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 28, 2011
I must say that I am sad to see the series end. This is one series that even before I was a book blogger that I was hooked on. Let me be the first to tell you that as a long time reader of Alyson Noel's and a big fan of The Immortal series that this book ended nicely. All loose ends were tied. All questions, were answered. And the first chapter was so dynamic and strong that I sat reading this book in my office while at work! I know, bad Savannah!

The first chapter was just wow. I knew once I started "glancing" at the book that I was in deep trouble. The first chapter has a very strong beginning, the reader sees Ever and Damen struggling in Summerland to find answers. What I like about this is the pacing and the plot line. The pacing was right on. I really liked that the reader got to go back to certain points in their history and re-connect with the present. It answers a whole lot of questions that I have always wondered, plus then some. It gave the reader a much broader history on Ever and Damen's relationship.

What also grabbed my attention in this book, is the lives they had in the past. Through out the series, we see several past lives, but this one, it was a SHOCKER! I was like,"OMG!" Gasping at my desk and looking by my office door to make sure no one heard me. Hehe. Ms. Noel did a fine job in bringing this element to life in the book. I felt every emotion, excitement, hurt, and anger while reading this. Simply fantastic!

The characters were more developed. In this book, you finally see them learn and grow. At times through out the series like books 4/5, I got frustrated that they weren't going anywhere. They were being stagnate. I was hoping for a change. Everlasting is the change of all changes. The characters finally develop in who they need to be in order to grasp their future!

If you haven't pick up this series you most definitely should! Not only will you fall in love with it, but it will give you an everlasting read worth reading. Am I happy with the way it ended? Yes. I think Ms. Noel did a mighty find job on clearing everything she needed to clear up in order to finish the series.
*There was some implied sex, kissing, few cursing*

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing something but LOVE this book!, June 13, 2011
I have to admit, this last book was a step up from book 4 and 5 in the series. Alyson Noel did a really great job tying up lose ends. It had a great story line, but the book didn't really go in the direction I was hoping. With that said, that is the reason I rated it 4 stars. I was hoping that Ever would get to speak to Riley again but her brief entrance in the book was a little disappointing. I was hoping the intimacy and story between Ever and damien would have been worded out more and been a little better (it was just missing something that the story needed, but I can't put my finger on just exactly what) but overall great book. I hope Alyson Noel can come up with more stories for them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow but with a good ending, June 23, 2011
Most of the book was redundant and slow, mixed with some good parts. The writer save the best for the very end. It was a nice happy ending and I really enjoyed it.
This book is so much better than Dark Flame which I thought was awful and the reason why I didn't even bother to buy book #5, but I had to read the end of the story and I'm glad I did.

In my opinion this Series would had been so much better with only 4 books instead of 6. Giving us poor, slow books in the middle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Noel's Writing Talents Really Shine Here, June 27, 2011
Being immortal isn't all it's cracked up to be. Just ask 17-year-old Ever Bloom. The past year has been filled with horrendous battles and the painful loss of friends and family. She is completely cut off from Sabine, who refuses to accept the truth of the situation, and her best friend Haven is now dead. Of course, the gift of manifesting anything and everything she could ever want is nice. Well, almost anything. Because the one thing she wants most of all is to be with her soulmate, Damen. But until they can get their hands on the antidote, all touch between them is deadly.

In the meantime, Ever and Damen do find solace in visiting Summerland, the blissful dimension that lies between earth and the next life. There they can view parts of their past lives and remember the good times they've had. But lately they've noticed something strange about Summerland, a gloomy corner filled with rain and mud. It's there that they meet the ancient woman named Lotus, who will propose the chance to change their lives forever.

Lotus offers Ever an opportunity to see into a part of her past life that she hasn't known about --- her first life, and her initial encounter with Damen and Jude. But it's the first step in a grueling journey of tests to fix and reset their karma. Completion of this journey will lead to the purest form of immortal life: her soul's immortal life. But it will also mean giving up certain benefits, and Damen isn't so sure he wants to surrender those. If Ever can't convince Damen to join her, she may lose him forever.

Ever and Damen's journey has been an awesome treat, so fans may greet this final book in the series with bittersweet enthusiasm. But like the previous installments, EVERLASTING will thrill readers with its spicy romance, profound ideas and intense drama. Alyson NoŽl's writing talents really shine here, and her words surge with emotion. She offers interesting symbolism and deep insight into life's mysteries that will leave teens contemplating these ideas long after the last page is turned. She uses the story-within-a-story technique with the telling of Ever's first life, creating a brief interval in the existing drama to see how the characters' lives all first interacted centuries ago. Her imagination also delivers wondrous visions of Summerland on Ever's difficult journey, and she wraps up the entire series in a conclusion that will bring a sigh of satisfaction.

Even though this is the end of the Immortals series, fans will be impatiently waiting to see what Alyson NoŽl has in store for them next.

--- Reviewed by Chris Shanley-Dillman

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a letdown, August 3, 2011
i waited for this book to come out for a good while and thus had high expectations. unfortunately it did not live up to the others in the trilogy. i often found myself bored while reading it and was therefore frustrated with the letdown of such an inflated "finale". i think alyson noel thought a bit too much on this last book, making it hard to understand in some parts. and did anyone else notice the disturbing similarities between this series and twilights'?? i swear some things were taken straight out of context! somthing to think about...

5.0 out of 5 stars strong finish, June 10, 2011
Ever and Damen have one mission left before they can spend eternity as immortals in love. To save Ever's life; Damon changed her into an Immortal and contains lingering poison in his body. Thus they cannot touch one another as has an allergic reaction to his beloved.

Their quest is to find the cure to the toxin. They also have to resolve a difference on location. Ever wants to complete her destiny and unravel the remaining secrets including why something seems to want to keep her and her beloved apart. To do this they must enter the darkest region of Summerland; while Damen prefers to continue his current lifestyle that her trek would end.

Everlasting is a strong finish to the Immortals saga (see Shadowland and Dark Flame) after a slight letdown with Night Star's earth shattering secret. The story line combines a wonderful story line re the heroine's destiny with the continuation of the relationship issues between her and Damen. Series fans will enjoy the end to the Ever tales as Alyson Noel soars with this one.

Harriet Klausner

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down, June 7, 2011
As soon as I downloaded this at my college I literally couldn't put this down. I just finished it, I was so afraid it would end out bad but the ending was just amazing. I don't think any other ending would have worked. I am sad to see this series ending, and I wished she wrote an epilogue further in time but I'm happy with what I got. My only problem was Damen, I wanted to throw something at him if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everlasting, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Everlasting (The Immortals) (Paperback)
The last book in the series has arrived (sadly). Even though I don't want the series to be over, it still was an amazing book with and ending that I could not have seen coming. A cure, yeas a cure is found. Damen takes Ever on a trip about his past and after all that they learn of a cure. This is not just a cure so they can now touch each other, but it is a cure that takes their abilities away. They spend time thinking about what to do with it and eventually came to a decision. They gather other people like them and offer them the opportunity to take the cure. They are not exactly happy at this news and don't want this cure around. At the end though both Damen and Ever take the cure and become normal people...for now. This was an ending I never thought would happen. They way both Ever and Damen loved their abilities, I never thought they were willing to give it up. This just shows how strong love can be. I give this book 5 stars.

Everlasting (The Immortals)
Everlasting (The Immortals) by Alyson Noel (Paperback - January 15, 2013)
$9.99 $9.70