Published on February 27, 2008 by F. Barrancos

1.0 out of 5 stars Diarrhea!
After I gave my dog this treat, she had diarrhea for 2 days!. What a mess! She won't be getting this again.
Published on November 17, 2010 by Susan L.

4.0 out of 5 stars Depending on your dog they may last forever or for a few minutes, February 27, 2008
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
I have a yellow lab that destroyed the kitchen furniture when he was teething, but he is 3 years old now, and he prefers shoes. He doesn't chew on furniture anymore, but good size rawhide bones only last an hour on his paws, which is longer than these treats but not so healthy for him. He found that instead of trying to chew these hard treats out of the rubber ball, he can get them out rather easily by dropping the ball to the kitchen floor, over and over again, until they come out. Once the treats are loose (5-10 minutes later) they break easily in his powerful jaws. Note: The treats don't come out so easily when he drops the ball on the carpet, but he knows that.
The treats keep him entertained for half an hour, maybe longer using one treat on each side of the ball. Not perfect, but I haven't found anything better. I would have given it 5 stars if the ball had a tighter grip to hold the treats for a little longer. My dog loves the taste, and seem healthier than rawhide, but I haven't really found anything edible he doesn't like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treat for a great toy, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
This flavor and the Barbecue seem to be my dog's favorite, although he does love the liver flavored one as well. Of all the flavored cookie inserts I have tried, there has never been one that he doesn't like. I usually put one flavor in one side of the Everlasting Treat Ball and another flavor in the opposite end. These treats are hard and durable, allowing the dog to scrape off small portions of the cookie at a time. It usually takes my dog a week of constant, daily chewing just to get through one cookie insert. These cookies are the BEST!

1.0 out of 5 stars Diarrhea!, November 17, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Everlasting? Not even for 1 hour!, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
This is one of the quite typical case of misleading descriptions and claims. This so called "everlasting" and "large" treat did not last for even an hour after I gave it to my dog. It is a dinky little thing. Totally not worth your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "everlasting", March 14, 2012
C. K. Miller (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
I picked up several bento balls and large treat balls with these treats. I have a: one year old half Timber Wolf, half German Shepherd; seven year old retired bomb detection German Shepherd, 11 month old Lab/terrier mix, and 8 month old Smooth Collie. The treats were out of the balls within minutes and demolished in under 30 minutes. I had put several smaller treats into the ball as well, so after they finished the larger treats, they managed to be entertained by trying to get the small treats out. There hasn't been much that the pack hasn't been able to figure out.

We regularly give them fresh deer bones as treats. The wolf will strip the meat while the shepherd will eat the bones, so I didn't expect these treats to be a true challenge for their jaw pressure and mental abilities. I will continue to get them and try other various tricks out. Some include putting the disc in upside down and adding peanut butter or other purees into the balls. The treats may not last long, but the balls will allow for some creative training.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but hardly everlasting, August 26, 2009
This review is from: Everlasting Treat Chicken (Misc.)
These treats are good fun for my dog for about 30 min. He loves them but it takes about 30 seconds for him to remove the treat from the holder and maybe 15 to 30 minutes to eat the treat. They are good, I just wish they lasted longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars 55lb dog very sick, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
I've tried this product in another flavor once before and it was o.k. Our dog likes them but aside from the fact it takes him less than 15 min to get out, this second package we have opened has made him extremely sick. Last time/different package he had loose stools which is not highly unusual for a product of this quality, but he never got sick. All day, our dog has been throwing up and after the 6th time, we finally had to call the vet and are headed to take him in now. I came online curious if others are reporting the same and it appears other dogs have been sick from this product as well.

Would not recommend. Not worth it to the health of your dog or your emergency vet bill costs if you wind up in this category.

4.0 out of 5 stars Least Stinky of These Treats, May 5, 2011
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
First: If you don't have the ball holder, don't bother with these. They aren't really "everlasting" in the ball, but they'll last you a whole lot longer (for most dogs) when inserted in the StarMark Everlasting Treat Ball, Large.

Second: Make sure you get the right size for your dog. If you have a giant breed, this whole line isn't really for you. My 40lbs Aussie who is a moderate chewer, is about the large ball's limit and once she pops the treat out, the remainder is gone in less than 5 minutes. If you have a tiny dog, get the right size. They aren't going to be able to handle the large. They need to be able to gnaw at it, which they won't be able to do on the larger balls.

Third: These are probably the least repugnant smelling of the discs, to me, anyway. It just smells like chicken broth when the dog gets going on it. I expected the Vanilla Mint ones to be better, but have found these are the least offensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sick, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack (Misc.)
My Dachshund devoured the treat in about 3 minutes flat. Now she seems like she isn't feeling well and I'm going to take her to the vet because I think it may have given her a bowel impaction. Great. Don't get these, please. I got them at a feed store thinking it would keep her entertained for a while.. nope. Just made her sick. I think I paid like $17 for the ball and a package of refills. What a waste.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Experience With This Treat, May 22, 2012
C. Rice (Valencia, CA) - See all my reviews
After reading some of these reviews, I thought I'd comment on how I use this. I have a smallish (about 22 lbs) mixed breed dog who is a strong chewer. I started using a medium sized treat ball and everlasting treats when he was about 10 months old, right after I rescued him. I use this only with the treat ball -- I would never give him a whole treat and let him eat it in one session. I put some kibble or some small treats in the ball, with the everlasting treat only on one side. The kibble comes out fairly easily, but slowly enough so he still has to work for it and so he still has fun. The treats are a little larger and don't come out so easily. He's learned that chewing on the treat, pressing down on the ball, enable the treats to dispense. Once the kibble or treats are gone, he chews and licks the everlasting treat. Eventually, after several weeks, he manages to consume enough so there is a hold in the center of the treat, and at that point I usually take the everlasting treat out, break it in half, and let him have it, one half at a time.

It used to be that he would chew and lick the treat until he got bored, but he has now learned how to get the treat out. I've never actually seen him do this, so I don't know exactly how he does it, but I now take it away from him after I've decided he's had enough.

A couple of notes: I think the smaller treat ball was recommended for a dog his size, but I got the medium because he's such a strong chewer. I'm glad I did, as the smaller ball wouldn't have lasted long. I do think this is an excellent toy/treat when used the way I use it. The treat isn't particularly nutritious, but if it's consumed over a period of weeks, it shouldn't be too harmful. Also, when it's filled with kibble, the dog is working for his food and, if you're having problems with your dog eating too fast, this will slow him or her down.

Everlasting Treat for Dogs, Chicken, Large, 2-Pack