Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on February 8, 2003
The relentless search for that certain someone is a timeless romantic theme that Betsy Drake plays up comically to absolute perfection. This movie has proven to be a stunning success with BOTH sexes time and time again. I still have friends ask me about "that funny old movie where the girl tries to catch a husband." Although you sometimes want to ring Drake's neck and tell her to join a convent, she is at the same time extremely endearing and you want to tell Cary Grant "come on, just give her a kiss and she'll die happy!"
Of course, Cary Grant pulls off being the reluctant gentleman doctor superbly. Not letting Drake steal the show, he even gets his own dig in through a cute plot twist at the end.
This is not just a great date movie - it's a great group movie that will have both guys and gals laughing at the "tender trap" girls spring on wary males.
on January 20, 2001
All right! I watched this charmingly entertaining movie back on (01-18-01) and was refreshed by the experiance. Too many people complaining about stalking, etc. I thought it was some what "nice" to watch Betsy Drake's character size up to Cary Grant. She was most adorable in that role and it sort of made me long for a nice girl like that to go head-over-heals, crazy in love over me; then reality set in, but anyway, that's why we like movies sometimes -- to get away in the romance of it all! I had always thought that Cary Grant worked best only with Katherine Hepburn (Holiday 1938; Bringing Up Baby 1939; A Philadelphia Story 1940) but then, I watched "Every Girl Should Be Married" and saw what a close contender Betsy Drake was. The cast is great and the cameo by Eddy Albert as old Joe -- fantastic! And, the very fact that I enjoyed the movie is why I am here, so that I can purchase it!
on August 22, 2001
Cary Grant is his expected charming self in this funny comedy about the lengths that a young girl will go to to win her man. In an on-screen appearance with his real-life wife Betsy Drake, Grant shines as a doctor who has no interest in tying the knot. Drake's character is out on the prowl, engaging in crazy antics and schemes to win her man. Despite how crazy she can be, you can't help but like her. Everything about this film has the sparkle, humor and innocence that you can expect from a Cary Grant romantic comedy.
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2010
Having had my share of DVR experiences with both DVD-R and DVD+R recorders for the past 7 or 8 years, I was a little hesitant about ordering a movie that was going to be "burned" for me after I ordered it. This movie played fine, although it had minimal menus. I have since ordered several more Warner Archive movies and found them all to work fine on my DVD and Blu-Ray players. The price seems a little more than it should be, at first, but to get a good product, along with knowing the DVD is coming from the studio, and not someone who is burning it illegally, is acceptable in these days and times.

I was curious about the movie, itself, since Cary Grant and Betsy Drake actually married each other several years after EVERY GIRL SHOULD BE MARRIED was filmed. As charming as Cary Grant could be, Ms Drake was equally so, as the lady who sets her sights on "her" man, and never backs down.

It is a wonderful movie, and at first I only was going to give it four stars, and then I realized that I really couldn't think of anything that could have made it better. It is a great couples movies and provides many moments for one to reflect on the differences in approaches to courtship that have developed over the last 60 or so years. The scene where Ms. Drake questions Grant after he has a presentation is as clever as it is funny.
on December 18, 2009
I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of this little known film on DVD forever--I rented it 15 years ago on VHS and it had everyone rolling on the floor with laughter. Although far fetched at times, I think the plot is timeless and still translates well today. It's a warm-hearted romantic comedy for the entire family to enjoy. Cary Grant is charming and absolutely hilarious. Betsy Drake is loveable as well. You won't be disappointed with this one!
on November 16, 2002
This movie is SO cute. I don't understand why some people take it so seriously. The girl does not desperately want to marry just any man, she wants to marry HIM. Everything she does is just out of love. Of course, she can live without him, but she'd rather be with him. I find this movie very sweet and extremely funny.
on February 3, 2000
That's one of the reasons I enjoy this movie. It's a good, fun, clean escape from today's romantic reality.
on February 20, 2015
I just love this movie!! Yes, it's a little cheesy. Yes, it's a little silly. But, it's just a cute movie!

Anabel Sims (Betsy Drake) is like every girl, dreaming of becoming a wife & mother. She has a chance encounter with the suave and debonair Madison Brown (Cary Grant) & believes she has found her future husband...although is is not aware of that. A cute story of how she plots to hook him...against his will, chases him, and even tries to make him jealous with her boss, the dashing Roger Sanford (Franchot Tone). Will she get she man? Watch and find out!
on December 25, 1998
I recently read an article about how Cary Grant is often, in movies, the resisting hunted instead of the hunter, as men usually are. This film is a good example. The plot is pretty far-fetched, but if you can put that aside you'll have a lot of fun as these two plot against each other. Many funny moments.
on December 1, 2014
Okay, Grant and his wife Betsy Drake are meant for each other. She is a scream! So, so funny. Franchot Tone is the butt of this joke and its hilarious. For every girl who wants to be married and those who are, too too funny to miss!