5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Information That Can Save Your Marriage
I bought this book for a girlfriend about to marry a divorced man. When I brought it home, I skimmed the intro. Before I knew it, I had read more than half of the book. I could not put it down. I just had no idea the potential consequences of second marriage, especially if there are kids, or back taxes, or other issues involved.

But the reason I kept reading...
Published on November 5, 2007 by A. Harper

2.0 out of 5 stars Paranoia is not great when you're entering the prenup world
Prenups are hard enough as it is. You're in love and starry eyed, can't wait to get married, but before that you have to deal with all the murky waters of your finances (yours and his), his previous divorce, child support, your possible divorce, death... you get the picture.

Published on May 10, 2010 by mvg

2.0 out of 5 stars Paranoia is not great when you're entering the prenup world, May 10, 2010
mvg (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews

I have a great relationship with my fiance, and we get along fine with his ex, with whom he has 2 kids. From the start I suggested getting a prenup so that he felt his kids would always be taken care of, no matter what happened to him and to our marriage. We decided to see a family lawyer to help us with it, but I wanted to discuss it with my partner in advance, and bring specific talking points to our meeting.

I started reading this book hoping to find a to-do list of things to check out and conversations to have. Oh boy, did I find it! Half way into it I was sick to my stomach with concern and convinced that everyone was out to get me - my partner, the ex, the kids, the government, our future lawyers... Paranoia is not great when you're working on a prenup and about to get married.

Pros - she gives it to you like it is and if you have any reasons to be suspicious or worried, then this is the book for you. Does your partner have a horrible relationship with his ex? Is he clueless about his divorce conditions or finances? She'll give you the tools to look into and settle everything. If you have quite a lot of estate, then by all means, make sure you're protected or get out before it's too late.

Cons - the horror stories were really eating me up. I don't consider myself to be naive, but this book opened up a whole new world for me, and I was happier when I let go of it. I read other books on the matter, of which I recommend the simple and sometimes "warm and fuzzy" What to Do Before I Do: The Modern Couple's Guide to Marriage, Money and Prenups and we're using family lawyers to help us finalize our prenup, but this book was more than I could handle.

KINDLE NOTE - the formatting for this book is a little messed up, which complicated reading. There were highlighted sections in title style that were completely out of place, so I felt like I read certain parts twice. Also, she gives you many lists that would be easier to deal with on paper. Though I'm an unconditional Kindle fan, if you get this book get the physical version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Information That Can Save Your Marriage, November 5, 2007

But the reason I kept reading was really because it is such a fun read! The quizes were LOL funny, and as a child of divorce, I especially enjoyed the chapter on how to create a healthy relationship with the ex wife and stepchildren. The author had some really thoughtful tips that I only wish my parents had known about.

Once I got through the book I realized I didn't want to give it up. There was tons of information to help anyone hang on to their assets, whether single, divorced, engaged, or married. The document checklist alone was worth the price of the book. I have made major changes in my own finances based on the author's advice...and I bought a second copy for my friend and gave it to her at her bridal shower. It will be my standard gift for all future bridal showers, because it's something that the bride can not only use, but also needs in order to protect her finances.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Romantic Gift You Can Give Each Other . . ., October 23, 2007
I had the privilege of reading this book before it was published. It was great! I don't have traditional fairy-tale views of marriage and am all too familiar with the effects of divorce. The whole idea of marriage, past a throwing a huge party and a wearing big diamond ring, has never appealed to me at all until reading this book. It addresses the scary topics that have led to so many divorces in the past. The book made me feel like there is a way to protect against the common pitfalls couples find themselves in and it seems easier than shock-therapy.

I realize such an agreement may not seem romantic at first, but after reading this book, I see that a pre-nup is as necessary as meeting his family and friends. It helps you to know each other better and to treat your marriage with the respect it will demand of you down the road. A pre-nup is not just about protecting your assets, it's about open communication and understanding more about each other's expectations.

Adryenn makes the whole topic easy to understand and funny! Even if you never thought you'd tie the knot, reading this book will give you great advice that you can pass on to your girlfriend's getting hitched.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Current! A Must-Have for Brides-To-Be!, March 24, 2008
This review is from: Every Single Girl's Guide to Her Future Husband's Last Divorce (Perfect Paperback)
Adryenn Ashley's book is a clearly written, current, All-in-One, comprehensive guide to creating a marriage financial plan. Don't waste your money buying other books, then try piecing together outdated information.

If you have questions, need help planning your future marriage finances or getting through the legalese, this is the guide for you. Adryenn Ashley's book was written to strengthen marriages through sound and proven financial planning. Every Single Girl's Guide to Her Future Husband's Last Divorce

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for future brides!, February 10, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Road to Marital Bliss, November 9, 2007
Thank goodness someone out there is thinking about us!
Adryenn Ashley is a genius for writing this book. I didn't even think about half of the things she touched on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for ANY Woman Dating a Divorced Man, July 27, 2008
B. Michaelian "Parenting Expert" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is hilarious and should be mandatory reading for anyone dating a previously married man. It will help you to feel empowered and knowledgeable about the big issues in marriage. As we all know, communication is essential for a healthy relationship and money is one of the most common triggers of fights between spouses (or spouses-to-be). So, here is THE guide to get you talking and laughing at the same time!

Now, if your future husband has children from a previous relationship (and you don't), it would be a good idea to brush up on your safety and read a parenting book or two ;) This can help ease any tension that might creep up with the ex! ;)Care for Kids: The Essential Guide to Preparing Caregivers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, November 20, 2007
As an artist, mother and business owner I have found that knowing all you can about contracts and relationships is the most important element to having a sustaining life filled with wealth both financially and emotionally.
This book is truly a ground-breaking asset to any woman's collection of advice. I highly recommend it's down-to-earth approach to helping women make decisions that are not based on some fairy-tale idea of what marriage and love is.
I give this book five stars on all accounts!
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! I have gifted it to several friends and customers, March 26, 2008
Fun book and very easy to read. I have bought several copies and have given them away at my pleasure parties to my brides to be. Plus, I have a gaggle of single girlfriends and have gifted this book to them and they LOVED it, too.

Knowledge is power is my motto. Adryenn teaches you everything you should know before you even think about getting married. Fun read and very sensible advice that you can put to use immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice for any woman, not just women marrying divorced men..., March 26, 2008
Hazel Grace (Palo Alto, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I own this book and found it both fun to read and filled with great tips and must have information for any woman who plans to spnd her life with someone. Whether you're marrying a divorced man, or even just in a long term relationship without marriage plans - like myself - this book will be very helpful to you in planning your relationship strategy.

Every Single Girl's Guide to Her Future Husband's Last Divorce
Every Single Girl's Guide to Her Future Husband's Last Divorce by Adryenn Ashley (Perfect Paperback - January 28, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01