Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 26, 2001
Saliva serves up an impressive debut album with "Every Six Seconds". Heres a complete run down of their style for those of you who are unfamiliar with them. Their music is very groove oriented with crunching "start stop" guitar riffs reminiscent of Sevendust, Godsmack, and Full Devil Jacket...and they have a solid drum-bass foundation behind it. Josey Scott's vocal style is a mixture of flowing hip hop rhymes, very impressive melodic passages, and a hint of aggresive new metal angst. His 'rapping' is very untypical compared to other "Rap Core" bands...as they dont resemble Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Crazy Town, etc. Its a very down to earth, almost southern style of rap, without all the "yo yo nigga" cliche lines. They arent groundbreaking, and they are a "New Metal Rap Core" band...but they set themselves apart from the rest with different textures and very strong songs. The album is worth the money and is a nice addition to my cd collection. I suggest that you at least give Saliva a try...dont knock them off as a P-roach, Limp Bizkit rip off...cause all though they are the same style of music...they somehow seem to remain different and fresh. Oh hell, just buy the record!!!
I heard "Your Disease" from the Dracula 2000 soundtrack, and I surprisingly liked it. So when I saw Saliva's CD on sale for 8 bucks, I bought it. I'm not a fan of the whole rap/rock scene, I prefer my metal with talent and melody, hearing "Every Six Seconds" was like a breathe of fresh air. Unlike other rap/rock bands, Saliva has talent. Lead singer Josey Scott sings with a lot of emotion, and you can hear his emotion is genuine, not put on for the album like other new bands like Slaves On Dope or Papa Roach. The guitars are heavy and crunching, and have a sense of melody, even on the few occasions Josey Scott raps. All in all, this is one of the best debut albums I've come across in a while, and Saliva gets my vote as new band of the year.
on June 1, 2001
Saliva's "Every Six Seconds" not only has heavy riffs, but terrific, melodic vocals and crunching guitar solos. "Your Disease" is the hit getting the commercial attention, but "After Me" is the track with the deepest message, questioning the power of one's faith, its pertinence at various points in our lives, and our purpose on Earth.
This is great stuff, and a very strong effort from a band that deserves merit for its profound messages relating to the human experience. Get it NOW!
on October 23, 2002
Ah, a band that emerged heavily last year in lieu of the rock craze and the re-birth of metal from Korn to Adema. It took me awhile to sort through all the rock of last year (this CD included) so this one sat shelfed till I could get to it. All I can say is what a CD...definately an adernaline rush (warning...don't drive long distances to this CD unless you want a speeding ticket). Now for the CD itself:
Superstar--the opening track and talk about amazing...grinding guitars but also an awesome song with tight lyrics and music...perfect pick for the first track, especially when it leads with a fading of the word "superstar". (9/10)
Musta Been Wrong--I love the beginning of this song with the spinning type rhythm...good emphasis on the drums in this song and Josey's vocals soar throughout the song. (7/10)
Click Click Boom--probably the most well known song by Saliva but talk about lyrics that are amazing throughout this song...even though the chorus can get annoying towards the end. (8/10)
Your Disease--nominated for an award and rightly so...the tunnel affect of the guitars at the beginning is awesome, it's like it's all around you...lyrics again are powerful and strong and Josey belts that chorus out (9/10)
After Me--I love the beginning of this song with the picking of the guitar then the grinding then to softer guitar again...Josey's vocals come out throughout this song strong and wonderfully. (7/10)
Greater Than/Less Than--dark dark song and almost depressing but it's amazing...lyrics are so probing and desperate but this is probably one of the best songs on the whole CD. (9.5/10)
Lackluster--my FAV song on the whole CD...quiet start of guitars then crashes in...very very passionate song and lyrics...and I love how he whispers and hisses in the song too...very... charging and ... charged song...wonderful work (10/10)
Faultline--good song too with differing guitars and rhythms...lyrically not as strong as some but still good (7/10)
Beg--probably my least fav song on the album...it almost has a Kid Rock sound to it but just not my style (6/10)
Hollywood--definately one of those pull the lighter out songs...but good song (8/10)
Doperide--interesting beginning and good track overall as well (8/10)
My Goodbyes--very interesting rolling beginning that almost takes you to a place like the backwoods in place of scarecrows (at least to me)...interesting lyrics too but I love it...Josey's vocals are amazing here (like Corey Taylor on "Bother" and David Draiman on "Darkness").
All in all, a CD that doesn't ever leave my car or room (yes, I have two copies). One of the best rock CDs I have ever listened to that I can listen to over and over again. Can't wait for Back Into Your System because if it's better than this one, Saliva is really going to explode in rock more than they even have now.
on June 26, 2004
This really is a notch above most of the rap/metal acts that I've heard. I'm not a big fan of the genre, but this caught my ear. I think the main differences are on the choruses. The harmonies are superb and the swirling synthesizer effects provide a nice background for the vocals. Scott can really sing and he can really rap. Actually, he can really emote. You can feel the vibes of these songs coming through your speakers.
Add to that the primal gut bucket crunch of rapid fire power chords and you've got a pleasing combination. You'll like this if you're a rock, rap, or emo fan.
on February 3, 2013
I would recommend this cd to anyone with a positive attitude and focus to go with it. Never let up and press forward with a steadfastness. Dynamic and inspirational. I like this genre and others i have purchased Jackie Joyner "smooth jazz" cd it is excellent.
on May 2, 2013
Saliva is better than I thought they were,but I was kinda hoping I would like it a little better than I did.Saliva sounds way better when they don't try to rap.i see why they dropped their nu metal sound.
on August 13, 2011
SALIVA's first album is MUCH BETTER than the garbage that they have now. I would much rather listen to songs from EVERY SIX SECONDS, their unknown self-titled album, and BACK INTO YOUR SYSTEM, than really anything else from SALIVA.

Rating: 4.5 stars/5 stars
on July 4, 2016
While I'm a hard rocker for the most part, I really like this band. Especially their rap/rock numbers, like Click Click Boom, Your Disease, Raise up, Superstar, Ladies & Gentlemen. They're like the Beastie Boys on steroids!
on July 12, 2001
Actually I would rate this closer to 3.5 but I can't so....
The single is "Your Disease" is slightly misleading to the context of the material in the cd. It has a great chorus with strong vocals, to make for the strong airplay it is getting on the radio. The other songs on the cd are mostly rap-rock with almost Godsmack sounding guitars that grind heavily. Some songs are slower but there is not any acoustic tracks on this album, which I personally like to mix in with the heavier material. "Click Click Boom" and "Superstar" with "Your Disease" are definetly the highlights, while the other songs are average with some barely exceeding that level. The musical aspect of the album is not the weak side, the hammering drum and guitars make this an interesting listen. The vocals on the other hand tend to make this less agreeable, the lead singer has a decent voice, but tends to sound like Kid Rock or Fred Durst when he raps. When he sings he does alright, but he is no Maynard James Keenan. The lyrics are better than most of the rap/rock offerings that have recently presented themselves, but are only slightly above average.
With all gripes aside, the cd is a good effort and people that prefer rap/rock should definetly check this out. If your into thoughtful lyrics and great vocals,though, check out Lifehouse, Tool, Staind, Deftones, Train, Etc.