5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for helping your child reach his potential
Published on January 15, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The Way They Learn but not this book
Published on August 2, 2004 by Ed M

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for helping your child reach his potential, January 15, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
This book has been such an amazing eye-opener for me. My second son was being considered borderline learning disabled at school even though he was doing his homework very well at home. After reading this book, I discovered that the WAY he learns is so much different than his older brother and different from the main teaching style in his school. This book gives great ideas for helping your child succeed based on his learning style (individual ideas for each style). My son had convinced himself that he was stupid, but now we have tapped into the way he learns, and he is so excited about learning. I also highly recommend "The Way They Learn" by the same author.

4.0 out of 5 stars EACH OF US LEARNS IN OUR OWN SPECIAL WAY!, August 14, 2001
Sandra D. Peters "Seagull Books" (Prince Edward Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
As a counsellor and teacher, I can attest first hand that each of us learns in our own unique way and at our own pace. There is nothing so traumatic to watch as an individual, child or adult, trying to learn a new task, complete a project or read a book and being left behind because he or she learns at a different pace than their classmates. You learn at the rate God, or whatever Supreme Power you believe in, intended you to learn. I have known individuals who took forever to understand a simple sentence, but could sit down and play a Mozart's Concerto by sound, without a single music lesson or the ability to read music. How many of us could learn that feat in a lifetime?
This book is an inspirational and helpful book for parents who are concerned that their child's learning skills are not on a level with other children. One of the worst mistakes a parent can make is to compare a child's abilities with those of others. Some of the most gifted, talented and extraordinary people of the world, artists, composers and academics alike, did not fit in with what was perceived to be "the norm".
"Every Child Can Suceed" is a very appropriate title to a book that will help parents understand, it is okay for their child to learn in their own unique way, at a pace that is comfortable for them. Who knows, with love and encouragement, they may someday turn out to be a president, a world-famous designer or a leader in whatever field they pursue. One is only limited by their own self-imposed restrictions or those forced upon us by others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The Way They Learn but not this book, August 2, 2004
Ed M (Massachusettes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
After getting "The Way They Learn" by Tobias, I was expecting (based on the description) some help on how to teach the different types. Unfortunately, this book really just restates what is already in "The Way They Learn" and doesn't add much in the way of implementing teaching to the styles described. A waste of money for the same info spun a little differently.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this looking for help for my 5 year old, March 12, 2007
J. Moore (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
But it was more helpful for the older children. I will definitely keep it around for re-reading in the future when he is older and for times when the older children are struggling.

5.0 out of 5 stars great content, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
Purchased for parents of grandson with ADHD and ODD to better cope and handle situations. Better understanding leads to better results for both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching Children, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
I purchased several copies of this book for the teachers in our Christian Academy. They found it very helpful connecting with their students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful learning styles!, February 2, 2000
Samantha (United States, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Child Can Succeed (Paperback)
It really makes you think how as a parent this book could of helped me when I was in school. It is going to help with learning the styles with my 5 and 4 year old sons. Thank you, S. Mather

Every Child Can Succeed
Every Child Can Succeed by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias (Paperback - July 22, 1999)
$12.99 $11.27