Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 15, 2000
This book has been such an amazing eye-opener for me. My second son was being considered borderline learning disabled at school even though he was doing his homework very well at home. After reading this book, I discovered that the WAY he learns is so much different than his older brother and different from the main teaching style in his school. This book gives great ideas for helping your child succeed based on his learning style (individual ideas for each style). My son had convinced himself that he was stupid, but now we have tapped into the way he learns, and he is so excited about learning. I also highly recommend "The Way They Learn" by the same author.
0Comment72 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2001
As a counsellor and teacher, I can attest first hand that each of us learns in our own unique way and at our own pace. There is nothing so traumatic to watch as an individual, child or adult, trying to learn a new task, complete a project or read a book and being left behind because he or she learns at a different pace than their classmates. You learn at the rate God, or whatever Supreme Power you believe in, intended you to learn. I have known individuals who took forever to understand a simple sentence, but could sit down and play a Mozart's Concerto by sound, without a single music lesson or the ability to read music. How many of us could learn that feat in a lifetime?
This book is an inspirational and helpful book for parents who are concerned that their child's learning skills are not on a level with other children. One of the worst mistakes a parent can make is to compare a child's abilities with those of others. Some of the most gifted, talented and extraordinary people of the world, artists, composers and academics alike, did not fit in with what was perceived to be "the norm".
"Every Child Can Suceed" is a very appropriate title to a book that will help parents understand, it is okay for their child to learn in their own unique way, at a pace that is comfortable for them. Who knows, with love and encouragement, they may someday turn out to be a president, a world-famous designer or a leader in whatever field they pursue. One is only limited by their own self-imposed restrictions or those forced upon us by others.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2004
After getting "The Way They Learn" by Tobias, I was expecting (based on the description) some help on how to teach the different types. Unfortunately, this book really just restates what is already in "The Way They Learn" and doesn't add much in the way of implementing teaching to the styles described. A waste of money for the same info spun a little differently.
0Comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2007
But it was more helpful for the older children. I will definitely keep it around for re-reading in the future when he is older and for times when the older children are struggling.
on June 11, 2015
Be aware that this tape is just an overview of the book, "Every Child Can Succeed". You must read the book itself to get the actual principles. Still, the insights are a little helpful.
on September 5, 2015
Highly recommend this read for the parents/grandparents of a child who is smart but falters in school. Real along with The Way They Learn for eye opening revelations.
on February 5, 2013
Purchased for parents of grandson with ADHD and ODD to better cope and handle situations. Better understanding leads to better results for both.
on November 27, 2012
I purchased several copies of this book for the teachers in our Christian Academy. They found it very helpful connecting with their students.
on May 12, 2015
I did not read it. Given as a gift
on October 7, 2014