Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Every Word
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on August 3, 2010
I just finished reviewing Shuffle Row and had to try this free game out as well. Just like the other this one is just as fun and easy to use.

You don't have to leave the wireless on to play it, and unlike some other games I have tried on the Kindle it also works EXTREMELY well in the Kindle environment.

Another feature I like in games is that they be super easy to play. This one fits the bill. I don't want the actual game to be easy, just the way you go about playing it. Nothing kills my interest in a game more then having the learning curve on how to work the game be harder than the game itself.

Nice graphics in this one as well.

Sometimes after I finish a book I'm not ready to jump right into another, or it is getting too late at night to start another. Playing these games will be a nice filler, especially in the situation where it is just to distracting to read.

Nice Job!
99 comments|554 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
The reviews are correct, this game is extremely addictive. I managed to get to level 7, scoring 11,870 points, until I could not figure out the longest word which forced me to forfeit the game. The beauty part is that yes, it started me over, but it kept my high score, and I started a new board that I had not tried before. I assumed the Level 1 would be the same Level that I had already mastered, but I am happy to say it was not. You will love this "free" game and will get more caught up in the actualy game than reading!! You have been warned!!
44 comments|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2010
Graphics are good. No need to turn the wireless on for gameplay and unlike other games, like Word Morph, you can actually input you answers and the kindle will understand what you have done.

***Update I see in some of the reveiws that people are mad that the games description does not tell you that it will not work on K1 or any of the apps. This is true, however the page does let you know this on the "Available on these devices" link under the price. If you click on it you will see neither the K1 or apps listed**
88 comments|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
why isn't this available for the kindle fire - there are so many word games i go to order and then they won't download because i have the kindle fire instead of the kindle - will these ever work with the fire? we should have at least as much available for the fire as for the others?
77 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2010
I don't normally do so well on word scrambles (especially the paper versions) but am doing better than average on Every Word. One thing that really helps is your answers are alphabetized. So you can play with that to figure out the unfilled in words. Liked that once you got the biggest word, you can choose to carry on to find all the rest of the words, or skip instead to the next level (there are 10). Hope Amazon adds more of these addictive little games soon. Great fun!
on August 2, 2010
Love playing TextTwist but don't want to be tied to your computer? The latest mobile platform for the game: your Kindle. By far the best word game out there, and now free on the Kindle!
on August 17, 2010
Not a bad game at all but a good number of the words cannot be found in the dictionary. Sadly, quite a few simple, and real words are missed as possible answers. It is best to view this as a Beta. This could be a very good game with a thorough proofreading.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2010
I really enjoy playing the game and I've wound up spending WAY too much time on it. However, I'd like to be able to view the words that I missed. The answers blink on in dark print for only a second and then turn to light gray. I can barely read them without a bright light shining right on the screen. My little clip on kindle light does not provide enough light to read them.
VINE VOICEon August 3, 2010
You know what. It's fun, it's challenging and it's free. What more could you want. The danger is that you're going to get addicted and play when you should be doing something else.

Most of us have Kindles because we like/love to read. That implies we're word people. This is a word game and it's hard to resist. So download and give it a go.

There's no downside other than the fact you'll need to practice moderation. I wish I could find something to say that I'd like to see improved, but can't think of a thing. Keeps the mind working and that's a good thing.

So far, I've topped out at 1280. So that's the score to beat. Go for it.
on August 3, 2010
I was wary of a timed game, as the Kindle's screen refresh rate, though excellent for reading, isn't quite on par with the rapid-fire pace at which my mother plays text-twist, the game on which Every Word is based. However, the Kindle is handling the speed beautifully, with the screen refresh pretty much keeping up. I've played/watched a lot of text-twist over the years, and haven't found this version too challenging yet, but maybe with time and higher levels it will get really tricky. All in all, I am very impressed with this new offering.