Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

on April 12, 2005
So, you are 1/3 of one of the most respected and imitated groups in the synthpop scene, what do you do?

a. Go on and keep doing what you're doing.

b. Try and kill your previous work by releasing mediocre records.

c. Put out a project that no one can truly comprehend but still refer to it as a force to be reckoned with.

C of course!!!

Andy knows best, that's all I can say after following Combichrist's history. Bringing a band into the scene that's so recognizable and so impressive that blows everyone away. Combichrist's latest work is Everybody Hates You, a groove packed effort that releases all of andy's alter ego thru lyrics.

Songs like "this s%^$ will F*(k you up" and "This is my rifle" show the genius behind a properly composed dance floor hit while songs like "enjoy the abuse" and "happy fu*&in' birthday" are a verbal assault laid on top of fantastic layers of abrasive grooves that bear the sound of Combichrist.

You won't be dissapointed.
on May 18, 2006
Stomp bang! Stomp bang! Argh! I love this album! It is completely addicting. It definitely has a large vibrating pulse to it with excellent well-crafted arrangements. I wouldn't call it "dancey" nor would I call it straight EBM. However it pulls from a lot of different electronik genres and is just hard, intense, abbrasive, yet very listenable. It's not just pure noize or anger either. It's really hard to describe in my opinion. But you can definitely stomp to it that's for sure. The first song is amazing! Who's your daddy Snakegirl? is also very good. I love the samples and all the computer voices on this album. It is rather conceptual imho. And if you don't like This is My Rifle, you don't have a pulse! When you listen to Enjoy the Abuse you'll know it because you'll be looking over your shoulder expecting Andy to start slapping you with a ruler as a terrorizing wall of sound hits you! HAHA! Enjoy the abuse and enjoy this album!
on October 4, 2005
errr... well, more like 4 1/2 stars. I had heard of Combichrist before, but my first true introduction was seeing them play live last week, opening for the Genitorturers at a club here in Houston. I was so taken with the rhythms and the show in general that I marched my butt straight over to the merchandise booth and bought this CD (I also got Andy to sign it while he was hanging out by the booth after the show.. woohoo). Since that night last week, this disc has hardly left my CD player. It's freakin' addictive. Granted, the lyrics can be repetitive, but somehow I don't care. I love most of this CD, though there are a couple tracks in the middle that just don't keep my attention. The half-star deduction was because the middle of the album, I think, isn't as strong, and only half because the good songs are good enough to mostly make up for it. Favorite tracks: "Blut Royale", "Enjoy the Abuse", "I Woke To the Rain of Blood".
on July 24, 2006
Being a big fan of Icon of Coil, I try to make an effort to check out Andy LePlegua's side projects. I have to admit I am not big on Panzer Ag. The music didn't really stood out with me but it did not stop me from checking out Combichrist. I recently bought the latest Combichrist cd "Everybody Hates You". I have to say that I enjoyed this much more than Panzer Ag's first cd. The cd starts off with the thunderous "This s*it Will Fcuk You Up". The fast paced beats were in your face and aggressive. The momentum continues with "Enjoy the Abuse". Combichrist is definitely more aggressive musically than Icon of Coil but they still maintain that same melodic sensibility. You can certainly hear it in "Today I Woke to the Rain of Blood". The lyrics are a lot darker than IoC's and Andy's vocals not so polished. Andy takes on a more aggressive approach when he sings. The momentum in the songs never dies down. The energy rages on through out the cd. After listening to "Everybody Hates You", I am excited I will be seeing the band live this fall when they hit the road with KMFDM.
on May 17, 2006
I love this act alot, it stands out from quite a bit of the "cookie-cutter" EBM thats out there today. Its loud, noisy and fun. For those rivets out there looking to get their non rivet friends into industrial/ebm this is a great cd to recommend. I tend to find that my normal rock friends catch onto this cd right away. I think what is great about it is you can dance to it, or just bang your head.

Something for everyone..
on December 12, 2007
Though I am more of a dark industrial fan with tastes aligning more to the likes of Skinny Puppy (ie. Too Dark Park) than the more techno-based musical styles, I certainly don't mind a little more of the later either. Combichrist's "Everybody Hates You" is full of dancy, catchy songs that are great for a night at the club. A few of the songs can get a little repetative, such as "Happy F***ing Birthday", which is my least favorite track on the album. "This Is My Rifle," and "Blut Royale," are a couple of my favorites and are heard in the clubs quite a bit of late.
Lyrically, "Everybody Hates You" is not particularly inspired, but when you're dancing that is not really the most important thing.
Overall, this album may not be my favorite for listening to at home, and I rarely do. But if you're looking for some upbeat, fast-paced, edgy, dance music, this is certainly something to consider for any fan of the genre.
on June 24, 2007
I used to despise the EBM takeover in the industrial scene. To be honest, coldwave and industrial metal are still my favorite styles of industrial music. However, I have grown to like EBM, and this is one of those bands that I consider to be good amongst the hords of EBM artist. I love the song "God Bless" that pays homage to serial killers, and of course the club hit "This Sh** Will F*** You Up". Combichrist are much more techno and trancey than early pioneers of EBM such as Front 242, and Leather Strip, but I still like the direction they went on this record dispite the techno heavy elements. I really can't say anything bad about this album now that I fully get the concept. If you don't like EBM I urge you to steer clear of this band...otherwise, I'm quite shure that you will love them.
on September 2, 2008
I listened to this album for the first time in a long time tonight. I remember back when I first heard it, I thought it was so stupid... but catchy. Now it comes across as really powerful to me. Played through a good stereo, it tends to alter the atmosphere around you. The sounds are truly physical and this is just an all around dark good time that manages to barely keep to a true industrial nature. It's loud and it's good and it's going to be a classic in the genre with a lot of staying power.
on January 23, 2013
Here's a step-by-step procedure on how to see what Combichrist's music feels like.
1. Go out to your car, reach under your hood, and grab a big handful of that black greasy stuff that inevitably builds up.
2. smear it all over your face.
3. walk to the nearest window.
4. smash your face into the window as hard as you can. Be sure to get the teeth.
5. Smear your face across the concrete below you.

This music is AWESOME.
on February 5, 2012
LOVE this ! If you like industrial music that makes you want to dance, jump, hula hoop, or just makes you want to move... this is it. For listening to while you play video games, yes! Get this !!!! Running and gunning on a game is WAAAAY more fun while listening to Combichrist !