5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite song from Tears for Fears, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
I first heard this song over the closing credits for the 1985 movie "Real Genius." I was hooked on it immediately and became an instant fan of the British group Tears for Fears. Curt Smith, one of the founders of Tears for Fears, described the song: "The concept is quite serious – it's about everybody wanting power, about warfare and the misery it causes." That fit perfectly with the theme of Real Genius and was a great way to end the film.

For me, it was one of the most rousing, spirited songs from the 1980s, and it's still on my MP3 playlists.

4.0 out of 5 stars They Ruled The World, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
When it has came down to duo's from the 80's, we think of only one or two that come to mind. Hall & Oates definitively, because of longevity and great songs. But that can be also said with the duo of Roland and Curt, better known as Tears For Fears. What they did back in the 80's with one huge album, Songs From The Big Chair is define 80's pop music, and the rhythm that still has stood the test of time. While the group broke up in the 90's, and Roland made music as Tears For Fears by himself, the loss definitely hit. But there are still very few songs that still define them and that generation like Everybody Wants To Rule The World. The song is definitely a pop delight that still ignites. I still love listening to it just as much today, as I did back when I was a child. This is one of those songs that still stands the tests of time, and one of those songs I definitely recommend listening to.

Song: B+

4.0 out of 5 stars An Everyman theme song, May 16, 2014
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
Tears For Fears is a iconic 80s band. Their hits still stand up today and continue to be remade. This is one of those songs that succeed in doing this. It is not as haunting as Mad World or Bombastic as Shout but it represents all that was good with Tears For Fears. The lyrics are easy to understand and it has a chorus that everyone will sing along too. Must have for a 80s hit collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everybody Wants to Rule the World, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
One of my all time favorites, good price, but, sound is not as clear as it seems it could be.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+, January 16, 2014
WMKzelis (Carmen, San Diego) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
Music reviews make no sense to me because its a matter of opinion. I wouldn't have purchased this song if i didn't like it, an to top it all of the songs on here have previews. Either way great song

5.0 out of 5 stars back in the day, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
it's a great song from the 80s" love the instrumental part and it takes you back to a great era

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody Wants to Rule the World, August 29, 2013
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
This is one of my favorite Tears for Fears songs. It brings back some memories of the '80s! Good addition to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still intrigues me, June 13, 2013
Mona (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
I loved this song when it came out, and still, decades later, love hearing it. I find different meanings in the ambiguity of the lyrics. Must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Music still, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
This is good music that had truth, made sense and you could sing along with it and it made you smile. Also you can understand it-There are no vulgarities in it so you can play it around tender ears. It makes you smile. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Defines the 80s for me, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Everybody Wants To Rule The World (MP3 Music)
If you asked me to pick one song from the decade, that was my all-time favorite, this would be the song.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World