If you are a fan of Everyday Food magazine (and you should be), you will be wowed by Great Food Fast, a gorgeous full-color cookbook filled to bursting with recipes for fresh, flavorful food that is easy to prepare. Organized by season, Great Food Fast features simple recipes for year-round cooking, including no-cook pasta sauces, main-course soups, one-dish meals, and more. --Daphne Durham
Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto
The addition of goat cheese, apricots, and pesto lends a Mediterranean ﬂavor to chicken. The pesto is made with fresh mint and almonds, rather than the usual basil and pine nuts.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
2 ounces goat cheese
4 dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3 tablespoons)
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mint Pesto (recipe below)
To Prepare the Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the almonds with the goat cheese and apricots. Stuff each breast with one quarter of the mixture. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Dip each breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven; bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with the mint pesto on the side.
Mint Pesto Ingredients
3 cups lightly packed fresh mint
1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
To Prepare the Mint Pesto
1. In a food processor, combine the mint and almonds; process until finely chopped.
2. With the motor running, gradually pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Season with salt. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve. Store leftover pesto in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks; let it come to room temperature before serving.
Nice pictures and organization, but the binding could be a bit stronger.Published 15 days ago by Zach
I am a huge Martha Stewart fan and this book is amazing! It offers everything for the every day chef in your home. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Alexandra
I have gifted a copy of this book to everyone in my family. Easy, delicious recipes.Published 28 days ago by SUSAN FOX
This book is wonderfully illustrated! Just flipping through the pages makes me hungry. The recipes are very easy to follow and I love how the recipes are broken into different... Read morePublished 2 months ago by K.Moore
This is the best cookbook EVER!! I've been using these recipes for years and I have yet to not like something I've made from it. I like how it's grouped by season. Read morePublished 4 months ago by A. L. Boyle
This is an everyday book to keep you inspired. Very, very good and simple recipes. Love that it has nutrition information for all recipes. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mimi at the Beach
This is by far my favorite "go to" book for quick, easy recipes. What I love about Martha Stewart recipes is that the ingredient measurements and cooking times are always... Read morePublished 4 months ago by L. Ansay