5.0 out of 5 stars ~Recapturing the Magic of Life's Goodness~
Published on December 22, 2002 by *Q*

3.0 out of 5 stars Some readers will be inspired, others will be skeptical
Marianne Williamson's books are informed by her profound belief in peoples' ability to find peace and strength from within. She talks about "miracles," "magic," "spirituality" and "mysticism " all in the same voice. Some consider her to be a "self-help guru." Others call her a "New Age" proselytizer, while still...
Published on December 7, 2002 by Bookreporter

5.0 out of 5 stars ~Recapturing the Magic of Life's Goodness~, December 22, 2002
This review is from: Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles (Hardcover)
After wearing out my copy of "Illuminata", I thought it was time to check out Marianne's latest discoveries. Marianne puts down in words the way we all feel in our hearts when our mind is still, which these days is not very often. She reminds us there is joy out there if only we take the time to find it. I learned from Illuminata and again in this book that carrying around resentment was only a burden to myself and to forgive the wrongs of other's was a blessing for me!
I know what she means about recapturing the magic, as I too felt that when I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the same way I felt when I read the Wizard of Oz as a child. There are miracles all around us.
As adults we mindlessly make our way through the ugly mazes we travel every day but wouldn't it be nice to look at our journey in a more positive and loving way? How lucky we are that Marianne feels these things in her heart and soul and shares them with those of us too busy doing life to explore those sensations ourselves and remind us to look at things differently. What a gift this truly is. God Bless Marianne Williamson and all of God's prescious creatures great and small.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is was a very powerful book for me., December 17, 2002
Ken Stephens (sacramento, ca. USA) - See all my reviews
Marianne Willaimson has been an important author and lecturer to me since she debuted with Return to Love. Some of her work in between didn't speak to me as clearly as her earlier work. That being said, I think that, with this book, she has recaptured the magic of Return to Love. This book is as powerful as any I have ever read. My wish would be for everyone I love to read this book. After I read it, I bought serveal copies to give as gifts this Holiday Season. Take a chance, read it with an open mind and heart. You will be glad that you did. So will those around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars More light from Marianne Williamson, May 2, 2005
This review is from: Everyday Grace (Paperback)
Everyday Grace is another enlightening book by the author of A Return to Love, Illuminata, A Woman's Worth, Enchanted Love, and Healing the Soul of America.

In the introduction, Williamson urges the reader to go beyond being a seeker of the truth. She encourages us to embrace the mystic in ourselves, describing the mystic as a "spiritual practitioner, seeking not merely to understand the principles of spiritual awareness, but to embody them..." She states that she wrote Everyday Grace as a "traveling companion for the modern mystic" who is on the journey of personal transformation. Since "everything we encounter throughout the day is a spiritual opportunity" then we need tools along the way, which she describes as "spiritual principles." According to Williamson, "Our spiritual victory lies in rising above the mental forces of fear and limitation...thus attaining the power to heal and be healed." That appears to be the destiny when we embark on a journey as a mystic. We take love along with us, which "is a process as well as a goal."

As with the other books written by Williamson, the depth and analysis of spirituality seems to have no limits within her words. She is infinitely a mystic who goes miles beyond her own learning to impart her knowledge to others. Her books are remarkably easy to read considering the complex spiritual concepts she shares. Or perhaps the concepts are not as complicated as they appear, and Williamson makes these concepts easy to understand. The exception reads like a philosophical riddle: "You are not pretending that something is not really happening, but only that it is not Really happening... [because] only love is real"

In Part I Thoughts of Grace Williamson begins to help the reader find the path to forgiveness. She writes: "Forgiveness is our decision to see the love that is real in all of us, despite whatever appearances to the contrary there are." She also states that "the presumption of spiritual innocence is the only real answer."

Williamson divides Part II A Day of Grace into time frames. She starts the day at 8:00 am by encouraging readers to avoid the morning news. She suggests that we turn to God in prayer and meditation. During the day Williamson offers ways to deal with common concerns, such as working and making decisions. She ends the day at 8:00 pm by offering a lesson on compassion: "Even the most horrific situations can increase within us our capacity to love."

Williamson is chagrined by the ambitions of humans on the material plane. She writes, "We don't need to push life so much as we need to experience it more elegantly, to be motivated more by inspiration than by ambition." Indeed, if inspiration means "the breath of God" then Williamson is urging us to breathe more deeply and move up on the ladder of faith. She urges readers to live more in the "realm of divine understanding" and be less attached to the worldly objectives of career, competition, and capitalism.

Part III A Life of Grace studies the importance of sacred ritual, which "illuminates the meaning with which we imbue an experience."

Throughout the book, Williamson offers definitions for words used often in spiritual journeys, such as "enlightenment" which she says is: "being in touch with where we are and being willing to learn what God would have us learn from it." According to Williamson, "anything negative that happens has only one purpose; to foster compassion in the human heart." When we understand that principle, we are well on our journey toward transformation from fear to love. Williamson would like to see "our generation turn love into a social force" that experiences active compassion for the suffering. She'd also like to have elected officials with more compassionate policies that extend their reach far into the global community. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in delving into the principles of a spiritual journey. I read and re-read Marianne Williamson as often as possible, always learning something else with each reading. (...)
review by Lynn C. Tolson

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, December 26, 2002
By A Customer
This book teaches how to change the world by dealing with the little things in life from a spiritually enlightened perspective. You may not be able to change the world today, but you can change your personal world and the personal world of those around you right now. Instead of snarling at the nasty checkout person you can instead give them a smile. Instead of thinking of them as this or that, why not see them as beautiful souls who need love and prayer? The result will be inner peace, and in the long run, world peace. This book and Taro Gold's new book of wisdom "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life" went out to all the folks on my Holiday list! Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book! It really helped me., December 5, 2002
By A Customer
No one, absolutely no one, can inspire me like Marianne Williamson. In today's world, with all the terrifying, depressing news that haunts us every single day, it's quite a challenge to feel that there is something we can actually do about it. The minute I picked up this book, I began to feel hopeful again. Everyday Grace is so important because it actually gives us the tools to help us shift from feeling so negative and helpless, to creating the experience of the miraculous in our lives. No mean feat for these troubled times. I don't know of anybody that can provide this kind of insight and inspiration the way Marianne Williamson does. This is the perfect Christmas present. I can't think of a better gift at this particular time. I heard Oprah say that on her show, and, after reading this book, I see what she means.

5.0 out of 5 stars honest, January 15, 2004
By A Customer
marianne williamson is one of my favorite writers/teachers because she conveys all the basics without being preachy. better yet she remains centered enough to know she is still human and therefore learning. definitely a clear channel for love. the concepts in this book are so useful for all of us who struggle with our spirituality as we muddle through reality. get it. read it. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Grace is for Everyone, June 13, 2003
I am a new reader to Ms. Williamson so I am not familiar with her other work. I have often heard in certain circles that she is dubbed a "mystical, spiritual activist." What I like about this book is that she avoids flowery, idealistic, perceptions and Ms. Williamson gives the reader insight into from the everyday mundane to hectic times, occurrences and realistic situations in which the Glory of God can be found. Anyone can pick up the book and get something out of it, the beauty in this work it that anyone regardless of their spiritual or religious level can relate to it. One of the few works that I will refer to time and time again for inspiration and guidance. Having read this work I can clearly see that there are certain universal laws that we (as a human race) must be attuned too if we are to evolve as human beings. True Heaven on Earth is here and believe it or not, the journey starts from within.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, November 13, 2002
Matt Albracht (Santa Rosa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
What a beautiful book! A very inspiring work. I love everything Marianne does, but this one is especially nice because it made me feel that magic that I felt when I read "Return to Love" ten years ago and then "Illuminatta" a few years later. It has been quite awhile since she's written this kind of book. It's wonderful to be able to open the book up anywhere and get a nice spiritual jolt. It's the kind of book that makes you feel giddy that life is going to be not only Ok, but amazing. Pelase also check out a recent book release that Marianne edited with lot's of amazing cultural visionaries called; IMAGINE: What America Could be in the 21st Century.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration for riding the roller coaster of life!, February 7, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Everyday Grace (Audio Cassette)
Williamson is very powerful in creating ways to become closer to God. Her themes of forgiveness, miracles, and hope give us the sustanence we need to carry us through the pain life can give us. She gives us beautiful prose with which we can pray and meditate. She tells us to carve out time to be spiritual just like we take time to excercise, eat, and sleep. Prayer is our spiritual food. With prayer and meditation Marianne gives us the food to grow and nurture our souls. Thank God for Marianne.
Read more of her books. She opens our eyes to miracles and growth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marianne Williamson at her best!, November 23, 2002
Ric Beattie (Rochester Hills, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Everyday Grace is an incredible book--quintessential Marianne Williamson. If you are looking for help on your own path toward a deeper presence of the Divine then you will benefit from the ideas and reflections shared by Marianne in this work. There is a better way to live-and it is living in Love, with grace, everyday.

Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles
Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles by Marianne Williamson (Hardcover - November 11, 2002)
Used & New from: $0.01