5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for first timers!
Published on January 12, 2012 by CircleCityGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes with some misses
Published on June 23, 2012 by Sara

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for first timers!, January 12, 2012
CircleCityGirl (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I just bought the Kindle version of this book and love it!The first recipe I tried was the "Spaghetti" with "Meatballs". I bought a spiral slicer to make the spaghetti with. Also the recipe for the marinara sauce is fantastic!! My Meat loving boyfroend was amazed at how good the zuchinni noodles were and actually went back for seconds!! I am so excited to try more recipes from this book and eat healthier in 2012!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Express is a relative word, March 29, 2012
I did like this Raw Food Express, and most of the dishes can be prepared relatively quickly, but quite a few of them do require you to have made up some of the ingredients yesterday or the day before (does this count as express?) Still, this book has enough interesting recipes for me to keep it on my shelf and refer back to it from time to time.Everyday Raw Express: Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE Matthew Kenney's Books, December 27, 2011
All of Matthew Kenney's "Raw Food" books are filled with delicious recipes and eye-candy photos!!! Some of his other books have more complex recipes, which are so worth the time to make, and this one is even better for us because the recipes are quick and easy.

If we are in need of taking a beautiful raw food dish somewhere, I reach for his books, and it never fails, the final dish is always beautiful and delicious. I agree, we eat with our eyes first :) Thanks for a book with a 30 minutes or less option!

Amazon wrapped this book well, it arrived undented. I appreciate books being send with cardboard and plastic wrap to keep them from being scuffed and dented. I want a new book to look new when we get it. Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Delicious - a great Raw primer, May 6, 2012
I've been familiar with Matthew Kenney's raw food since dining at Pure Food and Wine six years ago.

When I bought the PF&W cookbook I was floored at the amount of lead/prep time and never bothered to recreate that lasagna which still haunts my dreams. I was thrilled to see Mister Kenney release Everyday Raw; but was still too intimidated to give any of the recipes a shot (dehydrators, food processors and soaking: oh my!)

Enter Everyday Raw Express. Finally, great tasting (and healthy) Raw food a la Kenney that is a snap to prepare. The Spaghetti & Meatballs were amazing. I reduced the amount of tahini in the recipe since tahini overpowers most elements it is mixed with and the results were stunning. Mom and I loved it. Can't wait to make this again.

I now have the confidence to move forward in preparing raw food and look forward to preparing more recipes in this book and Everyday Raw.

Thanks, Matthew & co. for helping me get on track with raw food. Hope to see more another Everyday Raw Express-like title in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes with some misses, June 23, 2012
Sara (California) - See all my reviews
I've made a decent amount of recipes from this book and I feel like I'm able to write a good review now for this book. What I like about it is how quick and easy the recipes are. Makes going raw that much easier. I also like the variety of recipes- smoothies, drinks, soups, starters, mains etc. Unfortunately, after making seven odd recipes, there are only a few I thought were absolutely delicious and would make again. Here's a rundown on the recipes I've made.

Cream of miso with shiitake mushrooms. Really don't like this one. The base of the soup is good but I don't like shiitake mushrooms raw. They taste better cooked in my opinion.

Zucchini with sweet corn pesto. This was nice. I enjoyed the flavors and textures in this one.

Spaghetti and meatballs. Spaghetti was good. I messed up the recipe for the meatballs so I dont know how they tasted.

Squash blossoms tamales with sweet pea puree. I didn't like this one. I'm not sure what I did wrong but the tamale part was just mushy. No bueno.

Spring vegetable couscous. Made but haven't tried yet.

Portobello steak with wilted spinach. As long as you put a lot of marinated on this one, I like it.

Chocolate hemp milk custard. Fabulous! I love love love this recipe! It's genius and tastes great.

I think my palate is a stickler for texture more than anything. For the mushroom recipes, I may pressure cook the mushrooms and add them to the recipes. Overall, some great recipes, some misses in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greene & Greene: Developing A California Architecture, January 28, 2012
I have all of Matthew's books. In this book Matthiew Kenney outdid himself. Many times when short on time I can't spend a lot of time on food... this book gives so many cleaver yet quick ideas. Great Job Matthew!

1.0 out of 5 stars Devoid of Imagination, January 21, 2013
Monique Verrier (Healdsburg, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Raw is can be difficult - no doubt about it. This book has beautiful pictures but the recipes are monotonous. Cashews, agave, lemon juice, soy sauce, nutritional yeast over and over. The reason I gave this book one star is that the handful of recipes I tried didn't work. They were not balanced in terms of flavor or seasoning.

I suggest the Cafe Gratitude book because it introduces you to the world of raw. There are also some great websites.

I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful "cook" book, November 18, 2011
This was one of my wedding registry "must haves". Having tried out a month of "raw" diet this spring I anxiously awaited the arrival of this book. The pictures are amazing and inspiring and the recipes are well written, clear and simple. I am only hoping to also the rest of my raw kitchen. The one thing that makes the recipes difficult is that you really need to have certain tools to make them work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy cool recipes, November 21, 2011
Exceptionally well photographed and some delightful, fun, simple and easy to make recipes. I like it! Some are crazy simple and all are delicious. I am surprised not just this book, but other raw foodie recipe books, have not included edible flowers. Nasturtiums are scrumptious and oh so pretty in food!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple Recipes, October 24, 2011
Simple and simply delicious recipes! Some of the ingredients are a bit hard to find, but overall it's worth the effort.

Everyday Raw Express