5.0 out of 5 stars Blessings
Published on August 17, 2011 by C. Temple

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed.
I expected more. Very disappointed.
Published 1 month ago by RF

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessings, August 17, 2011
This review is from: Everyday Strength: A Cancer Patient's Guide to Spiritual Survival (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my husband who was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma after spleen removal and is undergoing chemotherapy. I struggled with what to provide in terms of spiritual support, as he is Christian but not "religious." This book appears to be a good "match" for him. He reads sections during chemo and before he goes to bed. The book is a good blend of practical information/advice about cancer and treatments as well as prayers and spiritual reflections. This blend seems to work well for him as a computer networking engineer. Yesterday I saw tears on his cheeks after his reading, and he said "This guy knows what he's talking about. It's exactly how I feel." Then I got tears in MY eyes. I'm so glad he is being blessed and comforted by this work. Thank you, Randy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Strength Does Help us Everyday, January 19, 2009
I am on staff at a large church. We have a cancer support group and Everyday Strength: A Cancer Patient's Guide to Spiritual Survival has been very uplifting for so many of them. We highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Strength: A Cancer Patients Guide, June 7, 2007
Christian reader (the great state of Texas) - See all my reviews
I have purchased several of these for friends who are dealing with a cancer diagnosis. The BEST book for that situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars my mom really likes the book, February 4, 2011
A Kid's Review
I got this book as a gift for my mom who is battling cancer. She doesn't love to read but enjoys this book because of the short daily readings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., July 7, 2014
RF (California) - See all my reviews
I expected more. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday strength Review, May 31, 2014
My self as a thirty One year Cancer survivor, with three sets of chemo treatments under my belt, this book is a good book to share with others I relate to as a Chaplin in a Cancer center. Each person has a different experience in their battle with cancer because there are so many different types of cancer. The type of cancer I have there is no cure for, but by the grace of God, good doctors and healthy eating habits I'm still here to encourage others who are struggling with cancer. Keep the faith, trust in God and doctors and keep a positive attitude helps to get you through. Clair

5.0 out of 5 stars Very faith filled, excellent book, May 9, 2014
Jaimee Stamm (GRAHAM, WA, US) - See all my reviews
Found this to be extremely helpful. Amidst medical negligence, lack of faith in the Seattle medical community, this book gave my husband and I the strength we needed to get through the worst situation any cancer patient could ever experience. I recommend this book to all cancer patients and families. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, May 3, 2014
anyone who has cancer can benefit from using this devotional. I looked forward to each day and the author really helps

5.0 out of 5 stars My friend loves it., March 3, 2014
Cheryl A. Van Gyzen (Hudson, FL United States) - See all my reviews
A friend was recently diagnosed with cancer and she has told me that this book has helped her a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, February 6, 2014
Everyday I found encouragement that can only be given by someone who has gone through cancer. I still read it even though I'm now 'cancer free'. I received this book as a gift and ordered another for a friend because I couldn't seem to part with mine. It had become almost like an understanding and wise friend to me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›