5.0 out of 5 stars TILL THE COWS COME HOME --
IS EVERYONE READY FOR FUN?

What would you do if three of your best friends -- who happen to be cows -- come over to visit and all they want to do is jump, dance, and wiggle all over your couch? The nerve of those cows --

Published on September 24, 2011 by Pamela A. Poddany

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected.
Not as good as I expected. Probably won't read it often in my classroom.
Published 5 days ago by Pat Lentz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TILL THE COWS COME HOME --, September 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
IS EVERYONE READY FOR FUN?

That's what our friend Chicken is facing when three cows come over to play. And play they do, right on his little cozy red sofa!! Chicken doesn't like the three moos jumping and dancing all over his couch. How rude! The faces on Chicken are so funny and realistic, you can really see and feel his frustration and fury as Cows just go crazy on his couch!!!!

Jan Thomas does an excellent job at both writing and illustrating this fun little book for kids. My four year old grand-daughter, Paige, sat on my brown couch today as I read this book two times in a row. She absolutely loved it! The story line is simple and sweet and fun. Paige laughed out loud as I read each page to her; she just loved the idea of the cows being so bad and making the chicken so angry!!!! I am sure this will become a favorite book of hers, just as the other book we own by Jan Thomas -- CAN YOU MAKE A SCARY FACE -- !! is one of her favorite books.

Children of all ages will enjoy this book. The text repeats itself on each page, which would make for an easy and fun way to help youngsters learn to read. The font appears in different shapes and sizes and makes learning new words fun. It was a concern of Paige's -- in a good and funny way -- as to just WHY???? those cows would go to see their friend and then jump all over the furniture! That's not a nice thing to do! Why would they be bad cows? Why did Chicken let them in the house? Why did they jump on his couch? Why was the couch red? This book get those little minds thinking -

All in all, this book was a huge hit with me and Paige. I am sure we will spend many more hours laughing at the three bovines and the little frustrated chicken having a visit.

Thank you!

Pam

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and great for early readers, September 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is another great book by this author. It's hilarious - the illustrations are funny, the ideas are funny - even to a grownup. Three cows jump, dance and wiggle on chicken's sofa while chicken watches in frustration. Finally, they all take a nap. The best part of the book is that the fonts for certain words are very large and in bright colors, making it easy for beginning readers to identify them. The text of the book is also repetitive, with just the new word on each page highlighted in a bold, fun type style. Great reading practice for those just beginning to sound out or just learning some sight words, while being fun and silly at the same time. My two year old loves it, and I think it would also be popular with kindergarteners and first-graders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you ready for fun?, December 11, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The cover says it all: smiling cows and one funny-looking chicken. They are ready to show your child how to jump, dance and wiggle for joy. The illustrations throughout are as bright and happy as the cows' smiles.

I had three books to share with my grandson. He enjoyed them all, but when I pulled this one out he lit up. The short sentences, bright colors and funny faces really tickled his funny bone. We read the story twice then he flipped through it on his own with wide eyes and a big smile. He just loves it. We laughed and imitated the characters but in the end my grandson wasn't ready for a nap....

Consider "Is Everyone Ready for Fun?" one of our favorites.

Look for the author's other funny title: Rhyming Dust Bunnies

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Good One From Thomas., September 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never met a kid that didn't like to jump on the sofa. In, Is Everybody Ready for Fun? Cow and two friends spot Chicken's empty, and delectably cushy, sofa irresistible. Once all three simultaneously "Plop" themselves down, they announce it's time to " JUMP! Up and down!" (On chicken's sofa). A dismayed Chicken immediately lets the trio know that there's "No JUMPING on my sofa!" Of course, that doesn't mean that the Cows don't think of some other fun activity to subject Chicken's diminutive, and ever flattening, sofa to.

Overall, this is another fun book by Jan Thomas; hallmarked by opaque colorings and bold lines. The text is simple, but the illustrations convey the youthful exuberance of jumping on the furniture. The pacing is fast and this book is better read as interactive so that children can predict what the Cows may do next to poor Chicken's sofa. Though, the story does leap rather abruptly from wiggling to napping.

It's a fun book, but better enjoyed if a child has a familiarity with Jan Thomas books. Especially,A Birthday for Cow! or What Will Fat Cat Sit On? (My personal favorite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny read for a four year old, September 22, 2013
George Lee "wide_flange" (Fremont, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Is Everyone Ready for Fun? (Hardcover)
This book was an immediate addition to the library of my four year old. It's quick and hilarious read that
Never loses its laughter, I have a feeling this book will be with us for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Is Everyone Ready for Fun? (Hardcover)
My class loves this book. They enjoy acting it out while I read it! I have read it enough that they can "read" it independently or with a friend during center time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but entertaining, December 10, 2012
My 3 year old loves this book. We borrowed it from the library first and read it at least a couple dozen times before we had to return it. She laughs every time and has memorized most of. When I get tired of reading it, she "reads" it to me instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book for any young child!, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Is Everyone Ready for Fun? (Hardcover)
I had heard about this book from a librarian friend who read it to her younger grades and they loved it. So I thought I would try it for my 3 year old class when we were covering exercise. It was a hit! Great way to have kids interact with the book and have fun. All of the books by this author are entertaining for kids so I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm ready! Are you ready?, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Is Everyone Ready for Fun? (Hardcover)
I love Jan Thomas! This book is funny and fun - great for reading with groups, so kids can jump and wiggle along with those wacky out-of-control cows who are jumping on chicken's sofa. Repeating lines, "Is everyone ready? Is everyone ready for FUN?" add to the manic appeal. The book features colorful, easy to see digital art. A sure-fire winner at storytime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful Jan Thomas book, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Is Everyone Ready for Fun? (Hardcover)
Three cows are ready for some fun on Chicken's sofa. They are ready to have fun jumping on Chicken's sofa. Until Chicken intervenes, They are ready to dance on Chicken's sofa. Until Chicken intervenes. They are ready to wiggle on Chicken's sofa. Until Chicken intervenes. Finally, they are ready to nap. Napping sounds good to the three cows. And to Chicken.

Another wonderful book of fun and limited vocabulary from Jan Thomas.

"DANCE!

on your sofa.

We weren't
JUMPING."

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
Is Everyone Ready for Fun? by Jan Thomas (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
$14.99 $12.55