Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 21, 2010
My sister bought this for my daughter for Valentine's day, when she was 8 months old. I read it to her, and she LOVED it. Each page features a "pop up" scene about love from a different part of the world, and explains how "I love you" is said in each language. The pop up scenes are so detailed, cute and captivating that my daughter (6 months later) is still in love with them. The only negative comment I would make is that, of course, the pop up scenes are a big fragile and can be torn by an overzealous toddler. So, I keep it on a high shelf and I only let my daughter read the book with me, as she sits on my lap. I also usually say, "gentle gentle" as she tries to touch them, and just move to the next page if she gets too touchy with one page. This strategy kept the book totally intact for 6 months, but we recently lost a head of a girl from the France page (so appropos). It's still a great book, but may need to be replaced eventually. This book has never failed to keep my daughter's attention the whole way through, from the time she was 8 months until now at 14 months, and she shows no sign of losing interest. This book makes a great Valentine's gift for a child.
on February 21, 2015
This book is only a few pages. Each one is a giant pop up representing a scene from a different country with the words " I love you" in each language (Italian, French, Japanese).
It's really cute, but I do wish it was a bit longer.
on March 17, 2013
5 year old niece loved it!! Great pop ups for each of the countries with how "I love you" is said in the language of that country (gives phonetic pronunciation as well!). You can't go wrong! It was the perfect Valentine's Day gift!
on December 31, 2013
It's OK, but I've been spoiled by Robert Sabuda's books. I am addicted to his creativity, intricate detail, and overall superior writing, configurations. This is good for a young child who will be surprised by the "pop-ups".
on February 2, 2011
This is one of the sweetest pop up books I have ever seen. Sweet without being corny, that is. The illustrations make the book. So well done! I have bought several copies as gifts. Perfect for baby showers, mother's day, genius children who want to speak lots of languages, and valentines day. Just wonderful.
on January 13, 2011
Oh it is THE cutest pop-up book! The pictures are delightful! But I got it for our 2 sets of Grand-daughters & I don't think even the 7 yr. old could look at it w/o the beautiful pop-ups being ruined. It also came w/ 1 of the pop-ups ripped.(Debated about returning it but figure it'll rip anyway.) So maybe this will just be one for this Gramama to keep & enjoy w/ her grand-princesses!
on May 11, 2013
I bought this book for my grandchildren because it looked so colorful and cultural but I was very disappointed in the quality. I thought it should be much sturdier for the price. I would not recommend it.
on August 20, 2013
I love this book so much I still have to give it 4 stars. Unfortunatley my kids are not very interested in it and it sits on a shelf unless I pull it down.
on July 12, 2013
I bought this book for a Valentines day gift for my niece. It's a short, cute pop-up book. We'll see how long the pop-ups survive a little girls hands!
on January 25, 2013
What I like about this book is the size - it's smaller than average books, so you can take it with you anywhere. It's also super cute!