Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your help! For my safari,I have opted to take my Nikon p310 for stills and to purchase either a Panasonic X900K or V700MK cam corder. One is 800 dollars and the other is 400 dollars. The cheaper one has a much more zoom which would probably be good in the bush.Any ideas on which would be a better choice? Thanks!
[UPDATED] asked by JMJH on January 13, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
If you buy the add on back screen and practice using it at home I am sure it would be fine for your trip. It is small and light. But, there is no lenses or zoom so it is really simple. I would rather get a Nikon D7000 or some great camera that also does video.
L. Farr answered on January 13, 2013

A
vote
ABSOLUTELY...you'll have to mount it on something though. It's not really meant for holding, though I guess you could. This is great for hands free videoing.
mem answered on January 13, 2013

A
vote
It is great for action videos. If you also want stills, I agree a great digital camera with video might be a better option? Also give yourself time to play with it so you are ready and able to use it.
Carol Anderson answered on January 13, 2013

A
vote
I think this would work great for an African safari. There are numerous ways to mount it / use it. It's small and very portable. Getting a large capacity SD card would be best.
Joanne answered on January 13, 2013

A
vote
Yes, it would! I was on a safari in Kenya a couple of years ago and this would have been a fantastic way to record the baby leopards that were frolicking by the jeep and then jumped up on the hood!
ksteveco answered on January 13, 2013

A
vote
If it works as it has to be, yes, plus battery backup, but better if you bring backup camera which is not gopro, you can't rely only on itself, otherwise, your safari will have no documentation at all, I would suggest you an olympus TG-1
Bela Aris answered on January 13, 2013

A
votes
Yes, I would thinks so. There is no zoom option. This camera is ideal for cars, motorcycles, bicycles, skate & surf boards, skiing, etc. There is a lot of info on their website and a newer version of the camera came out recently.
M Wininger answered on January 14, 2013

A
votes
Of course it is. Very good choice. It's recommended that you also buy the LCD Bac-Pac or the Wi-Fi Bac-Pac so you can always be monitoring what your capturing. Remember that this is a camera with a Wide-Angle Lens, so you don't have any zoom. Just wide general takes. It's also a daylight camera, since doesn't have any flash light, but has a good light capture.
Andres Perez-Novoa answered on January 15, 2013

A
votes
Yes, of course,
Straight
mohameed answered on January 16, 2013

A
votes
Yes, of course,
Straight
mohameed answered on January 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›