‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly older age group?, December 17, 2009
Tamara Hoffbauer (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everything Kids' Connect the Dots and Puzzles Book: Fun is as easy as 1-2-3 with these cool and crazy follow-the-numbers puzzles (Paperback)
Bought this for my 5 year old nephew based on the fact that it sounded like a really neat book with more than just basic puzzles. As it turns out, I think it would have been better if I had found a very basic book! This is a GREAT book, with lots of interesting puzzles and accompanying illustrations and factoids - I just think it is a little too complex for a 4 or 5 year old, unless they have great counting and reading skills. Not sure that a connect the dot puzzle that goes all the way to number 165, and with very small numbers compared to the book size, is appropriate for someone just entering kindergarten. I would absolutely recommend it for 7-8 year olds and up, or younger kids who have a good handle on numbers and are very detail oriented. I'll hang onto this for awhile and hope it works better in a year or so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good variety of informational & fun puzzles., April 28, 2011
I bought this book for my 6 yr old grandson. Although I haven't given it to him yet, I am excited by the variety of dot to dot puzzles (maybe from 24 to over 100 'dots'), the cute way the puzzles are presented (in color with great 'supporting' pictures) and with all the interesting facts that come with each puzzle (fun facts). The numbers are on the small side but certainly big enough for a 6 year old. Another great thing is that you can't tell what the picture is going to end up looking like before hand. I am looking forward to watching my grandson 'connect the dots' and reading the facts together with him. I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, February 14, 2010
Rita Harris (st louis, MO usa) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for my 7 year old grandson, and he loves it. It keeps him busy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the right age, May 1, 2013
DC Mom (Washington DC, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This book is a lot of fun. I was having trouble finding more advanced dot to dot puzzles for my daughter. These are definitely more advanced and she found them really interesting. My only caution is that I originally bought it when she was only a month or so into Kindergarten--she had turned 5 a couple weeks earlier. It was too difficult for her then. Even though she could count as high as the numbers in the puzzles went, she did not know how to read the numbers that high. I put the book away and pulled it out the summer after she finished Kindergarten and she had a great time with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge hit in 6-11 age group!, June 8, 2011
I run a babysitting service in Napa ca, called "napa valley nanny". This book is a huge hit. I've scanned it and print it out, as of course, this book wouldn't last - but ALL the boys esp. love it! It has fun pictures for all interests, and the dot to dot is a big winner. This book is a great thing for this age group. I haven't tried it with girls in this age, as I have more "girly" projects and stuff for them. But for boys - great purchase!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ages 4-6, December 25, 2013
Based on other reviews, I bought this as a gift for an 8 year old and was disappointed to find that it was way too easy; so, I bought an extreme dot-to-dot book for the 8 year old instead (which I highly recommend). The dot-to-dot activities in this book seem suitable for ages 4-6; but, the accompanying text seems appropriate for ages 6-8. Basically, the activities and text seem a bit out of sync to me. Because the text and activities are out of sync, I deducted a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Choice, May 11, 2012
This is a great connect the dots book if that's what you're looking for. We bought one for both our son (6) and daughter (5). They love connecting the dots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, August 16, 2013
This book has been a great option from to carry around in my car when I need the kids to keep quiet for 20+ minutes or more. They play it at the restaurants and love accomplishing each puzzle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainy Day Fun, December 30, 2010
Got these books for my grandsons for Christmas, and they are so excited about them. Mom is excited because this will keep them busy on rainy days when they can't go out to play. Perfect gift for busy little minds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
bob brockhoff (Kenner, LA United States) - See all my reviews
My grandchildren spent hours playing with this activity book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›