5.0 out of 5 stars An "Out Of This World" Book
I am a Home Hospital teacher working with special needs children. This book was worth the wait (3 weeks for delivery). It is full of interesting facts, fun hands-on activities, and questions to stir a child's imagination and natural curiosity. Activities are appropriate for school-aged children of all ability levels with some modifications.
It would have been even...
Published on January 5, 2011 by HHTeacher

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special
Was disappointed with this book. Was looking for something to go with a telescope I was buying as a gift. I wanted something that was a fun way to help teach and identify different constellations. Is very wordy with a few quizzes and games in it and not many pictures.
Published 7 months ago by K

5.0 out of 5 stars An "Out Of This World" Book, January 5, 2011
This review is from: The Everything Kids' Astronomy Book: Blast into outer space with stellar facts, intergalactic trivia, and out-of-this-world puzzles (Paperback)
It would have been even better if it had included some colorful pictures to capture the attention of the younger reader/listener. The cover is very colorful and bright but the interior is quite dull to look at. Providing vivid visuals from other sources to compliment the text helped maintain my students interest.
This book would provide hours of educational fun for children and their parents to share together; great "family night" activities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but not in color, December 4, 2012
good book as far as the content goes but i was disappointed that it isn't in color. not sure why a kids book wouldn't be. i bought it as a christmas gift to accompany a telescope for my 6 year old. i'll be looking for another one that is in color shortly. i haven't decided whether or not i'll keep it yet since it does have activities in it, but the lack of color makes it feel more like a school workbook vs. something fun and extracurricular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astronomy for Kids., December 30, 2010
A good book to start one's interest in Astronomy and that was the plan for my Grand son so I included it with a Telescope I purchased and so far it is doing what I had hoped it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Everything Kids" and dads!, August 30, 2011
We had such success with our introductory telescope that it peaked our interest even further into astronomy. Found this book with some great reviews and it certainly stood up to it's reputation. I think I've learned as much as kids. The activities are definitely for kids but the facts are truly fascinating. Absolutely love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books., June 17, 2013
This is a great book. Talks about the planets and gives you cool facts. My son who is 6 loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Everything Kids' Astronomy Book, May 8, 2013
This book was purchased by me, for me! I'm 82 and felt I needed a refresher on the galaxy and how it works. Well, I picked the right book. I personally enjoyed it and if I had a child in my midst I would pass it on. It was easy reading and covered Astronomy basics. I was satisfied and would recommend it to anyone looking for a basic outline of the Universe. For me, it was informative and fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 13, 2011
got this for my nephew for christmas. he just loves looking at the stars and has had a blast reading up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps his attention!, February 4, 2013
My 5 year old grandson loves the book and continues to enjoy the adventure of learning about astronomy. Information is presented in a way that peeks his interest and keeps him searching for more facts and experiments. It keeps his attention for long periods of time, which is amazing considering how 5 year olds tend to lose interest quickly. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, January 6, 2012
This is great book for the beginner astronomer, who in this case is my 8-year old grandson. He is very excited about learning about the sky and this book is right at his level.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, October 16, 2011
good book to get kids interested in the world around them. leap into space with pictures an puzzles to make them think off the earth.

Rate and Discover Movies