4.0 out of 5 stars Need a basic knowledge first
This is an interesting book for an older child who has already been exposed to French. I'd hoped it could help engage my daughter who is just starting out, but you need to interpret and spell words to play the games and do the puzzles.
Published on September 6, 2008 by A. OHARA

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of Everything Kid's Learning French
Published on December 6, 2010 by Vic Larson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Need a basic knowledge first, September 6, 2008
This review is from: The Everything Kids' Learning French Book: Fun exercises to help you learn francais (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good book for picking and choosing..., May 11, 2010
The set-up for this book is pretty good--it has a lot of nice activities, puzzles, and such for kids to practice what they have learned in each section. I wasn't crazy about the order of the information, but if you are going to pick and choose the order in which the activities are done and the information is learned, it is a good choice for starting out teaching your child French, as long as you have supplemental things for them to do. This definitely is only a starter book for brand new learners or young children to increase and practice basic vocabulary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5, April 12, 2012
David (Ben Wheeler, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I would have given this Kindle edition a 5 star rating, except that the glossary and puzzle solutions aren't in it! Even though they are listed in the Table of Contents, they are not actually in the Kindle edition. The book stops at the end of the last chapter, and that's it. So - I have to solve them myself and hope I'm right! Other than that - this book is perfect. Though I am an adult, it was recommended to me to use children's books to begin teaching myself French and it has been fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bien!, August 24, 2008
Wonderful kids' book for beginning french students. My 5-year-old enjoys it! We are using it as an adjunct to french lessons.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of Everything Kid's Learning French, December 6, 2010
Overall, it is just ok. I bought this for my 11 yr old grand-daughter who wants to learn French. The material in the book is appropriate for kids. My main objection is there is no Audio CD to help the child with pronunciation. I had to create my own CD to accompany the book so the child could hear approximately correct pronunciation. I had to refer to my own French dictionary frequently to ensure I was pronouncing the word correctly. There is no guide to pronunciation all in the book. This might be just my own pet peeve, but I think a guide to pronunciation should follow the IPA symbols used in a French dictionary. It is a mistake to think a young child can't unnderstand the IPA symbols. I object to the common practice of using English sounding words to help explain French pronunciation. Why not learn the French IPA symbols from the start and then you're prepared to look up any word in the dictionary and know how to pronounce it properly?

4.0 out of 5 stars For first-time French (home) learners, February 24, 2013
I'm not sure that I would recommend this book for everyone. It has a few bits of interesting French culture and vocab lists for early beginners. The order in which information is presented is a very logical flow. However, it does not provide and creative teaching ideas or usable activities. I might use it to supplement some vocab from the textbook in my French 1 course. Otherwise, I would really only recommend it to people that want to learn French at home, and have never taken any French before. A non-French-speaking parent could definitely benefit from this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars better for older kids, December 13, 2012
i purchased this for our 3 young children hoping it would be a great kickstart to us all learning french. considering they don't speak any, i found the book a little too advanced. with that said, it has been great for me! not ideal for young kids just starting to learn french. BUT really great as they progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Everything Kid's Learning French, January 18, 2011
We planned a trip to France last year with the hopes that my son would learn some French before we left.
And low and behold, this book was the only language book my son would use.
He found it fun to use and loved being able to use what he learned while we were in France.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 11, 2013
Moving to Belgium in 2 years, this book is so amazing!!! In a few short days, I already have a better understanding of the French language.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comme ci comme ca, December 21, 2012
marys-s (philadelphia) - See all my reviews
It wasn't what I had in mind. I thought the pronunciation was off in a few places. I bought for homeschool group of 5th/6th graders (beginner level Franch). Thought the crossword puzzle would make nice handout.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›