Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Everything Kids' Magical Science Experiments Book: Dazzle your friends and family by making magical things happen!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2007
I bought this and the other Everything Kids' Science Experiments book and they are both great, this one the best. It has really neat experiments that my daughter (age 10) is excited about doing for her project and to wow her classmates and teacher, and the best part of all is they are SIMPLE and use EASY TO FIND items and things probably already on hand. I will be getting more books from the series.
on May 12, 2009
This book is a go if your kids are old enough. Quite a few of the experiments would be less than appreciated by younger kids.

As a lower elementary school teacher I bought this book to find great experiments to do the kids in my class. There are some fun ones, but most of them are a bit high for my kids.
on December 7, 2007
We have both books from this author and both are outstanding. The activities in this book are entertaining for both our kids. Almost every activity involves a creative experiment with materials found around the house. There are follow up questions for many of the experiments that make them science fair appropriate.

In general, though, the experiments in this book are good fun. It interesting to see what can be done with science!

This author has hit another home run!
on March 29, 2009
As a high school science teacher, I am always looking for more great ways to introduce science to my preschool aged children. I think the experiments in here are fun, getting the kids interested in what is happening and does a good job of explaining they why's of the experiment and giving some quality follow up questions. The only reason I didn't rate the book a 5 star is because I wish it has some better pictures and way to present the material, but the content is great.
on January 8, 2013
Please note this is for the Kindle version only. The hard copy version is still a go.
None of the color or connect or depth experiments are active in the Kindle version -- at this price shame on the publishers.
For future reference this significant difference should be prominently posted as I would have purchaced the hard copy for my Grand-daughter's birthday.
As it is, the experience has been a good learning tool: she, that not everything is perfect and I, that I need to verify rather than assume.
on January 6, 2009
Purchased for my nephew and he loved making the experiments and on rainy days my sister-in-law gets the book out and they make some of the experiments. She likes it and that says a lot for her, she has her PhD in education!
on June 28, 2011
I bought this for an eight year old boy and he was really excited about it. He tried a few (worked on them with an adult so it was good bonding time) and seemed to enjoy himself well enough. It was particularly helpful because we had him reading the experiments out loud to work on his reading skills and he was interested enough in doing the experiments so he kept at it even when he didn't necessarily understand everything.
on January 28, 2011
this book had a lot good reviews, so i bought it for my 3 little sisters.
they expected it to have fun experiments with citric acid or baking soda, but it was just a bunch of cheesy ones like raisins floating in soda, or a sting in a ice cube! not so magic
on May 6, 2013
The experiments in this book were very age-appropriate for my kids. Not only do they get the benefit of learning in a manner that is fun for them (ok, I am an overgrown geek kid-I loved them too), but we got to spend constructive time together that didn't involve our brains turning to mush in front of the idiot box. Supplies were easy to come by, and I hghly recommend this book to any parent.
on February 11, 2011
I geve this to an 8 year old boy for Christmas. He looked at it once and that was the end of his interest. Maybe 8 is a little too young for this kind of book, but it was rated for his age group. Possibly it didn't have enough pictures to hold his interest at this age. Hopefully he'll take an interest later on down the road. His Dad liked it!! :-)