5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book
Published on December 19, 2007 by Nancy Drew

2.0 out of 5 stars Magical Science Kids Book
I geve this to an 8 year old boy for Christmas. He looked at it once and that was the end of his interest. Maybe 8 is a little too young for this kind of book, but it was rated for his age group. Possibly it didn't have enough pictures to hold his interest at this age. Hopefully he'll take an interest later on down the road. His Dad liked it!! :-)
Published on February 11, 2011

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, December 19, 2007
This review is from: The Everything Kids' Magical Science Experiments Book: Dazzle your friends and family by making magical things happen! (Paperback)
I bought this and the other Everything Kids' Science Experiments book and they are both great, this one the best. It has really neat experiments that my daughter (age 10) is excited about doing for her project and to wow her classmates and teacher, and the best part of all is they are SIMPLE and use EASY TO FIND items and things probably already on hand. I will be getting more books from the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for upper elementary, May 12, 2009
Bonnie (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This book is a go if your kids are old enough. Quite a few of the experiments would be less than appreciated by younger kids.

As a lower elementary school teacher I bought this book to find great experiments to do the kids in my class. There are some fun ones, but most of them are a bit high for my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids of all ages!, December 7, 2007
We have both books from this author and both are outstanding. The activities in this book are entertaining for both our kids. Almost every activity involves a creative experiment with materials found around the house. There are follow up questions for many of the experiments that make them science fair appropriate.

In general, though, the experiments in this book are good fun. It interesting to see what can be done with science!

This author has hit another home run!

4.0 out of 5 stars Science is Fun!, March 29, 2009
kj "kj" (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
As a high school science teacher, I am always looking for more great ways to introduce science to my preschool aged children. I think the experiments in here are fun, getting the kids interested in what is happening and does a good job of explaining they why's of the experiment and giving some quality follow up questions. The only reason I didn't rate the book a 5 star is because I wish it has some better pictures and way to present the material, but the content is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, January 6, 2009
Purchased for my nephew and he loved making the experiments and on rainy days my sister-in-law gets the book out and they make some of the experiments. She likes it and that says a lot for her, she has her PhD in education!

2.0 out of 5 stars Magical Science Kids Book, February 11, 2011
A Kid's Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version only, January 8, 2013
Please note this is for the Kindle version only. The hard copy version is still a go.
None of the color or connect or depth experiments are active in the Kindle version -- at this price shame on the publishers.
For future reference this significant difference should be prominently posted as I would have purchaced the hard copy for my Grand-daughter's birthday.
As it is, the experience has been a good learning tool: she, that not everything is perfect and I, that I need to verify rather than assume.

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, January 28, 2011
this book had a lot good reviews, so i bought it for my 3 little sisters.
they expected it to have fun experiments with citric acid or baking soda, but it was just a bunch of cheesy ones like raisins floating in soda, or a sting in a ice cube! not so magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book!, September 9, 2008
A Watcher (United States) - See all my reviews
I got this book for my 9 yo for Christmas last year.

He's LOVED it.

It's filled with all sorts of super fun ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars magic grandson, November 30, 2012
grandson performs magic tricks for us all the time using his knowledge from this book and he is a scientist in training. would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›