Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Everything Kids' Math Puzzles Book: Brain Teasers, Games, and Activities for Hours of Fun
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 21, 2009
I bought this book for an 8 year who really enjoys math. But the workbook was too advanced for someone in the 3rd and perhaps 4th grade. A lot of the math concepts (negative integers, scientific notation, square roots)are beyond the math level of the age range listed in the product description.
11 comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2009
I bought this for my 11-year-old daughter who loves math and other puzzles. She loves it. I have been impressed with the "Everything Kids" series. They make fun books.
on July 20, 2013
Good variety of problems, but again much more a word problem book. Pretty light on the puzzles. Could have wished fo rmore
on April 5, 2014
I wasn't sure what else to get him for his birthday but I feel he spend too much time playing Wi games and I know he loves math and is so smart. This is a great little book and keeps him busy! Knowledge is power and calculators don't always work.
on July 16, 2015
I guess I have very high expectations of math puzzle books, but I thought this book was just awful. I had stars in my eyes looking at math resources for our homeschool after Claudia Zaslavsky's "Number Sense and Non-sense" (a great book!). I did not quite realize the desperate lengths people go to to try to interest children in math without actually presenting them with something intelligent and interesting.

This is not so much a math puzzle book as much as an "activity pad" for kids. It is written in an upbeat "ya go girl!" style, I suppose to try to capture the children's interest. I found it very obnoxious. There are fact bubbles scattered throughout the margins, where it will briefly alude to something interesting - like Egyptian mathematics - and get them very wrong. It even mentions Anno's Mysterious Multiplying Jar, a much better book than this one!

There is not very much math at all, and I couldn't stand the fake, cartoony style. As my husband said after flipping through it, "I can feel my IQ points evaporating."
on February 3, 2014
Bought this for my 5th grader, and she enjoyed the fun but challenging puzzles and was able to complete the book entirely on the road. Has all types of math problems, so variety and challenge were both a consideration.
on December 8, 2009
I bought this book for my math tallented 8years old son. He really enjoys this book and hopes there is another book like this. I recommend this book for someone who really enjoys the math but does not have academic attention from school.
on June 7, 2013
I purchased this book because I work in an after school program and when the kids are don't with their homework, it is good to have puzzles for them to work on while others get their homework done. Item in good condition, arrived on time, no problems.
on June 21, 2013
Most of the activities in the book are somewhat obvious and not that much fun. I was hoping for something a little more creative and less standard.
on July 9, 2009
I have use the contents of this book to send home challenges with students in the monthly newsletter. Some of the students come back asking for different challenges. This is a great book with different congitive challenges.